“Flawless” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Port of Spain
kingston, jamaica
“Flawless”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for six nights and I really couldn't find a single thing wrong with it and that is a first for me. The hotel is right on the city's waterfront and is just a few minutes walk into the town and without traffic about 20 minutes from the airport.
Bell and front staff were all friendly and helpful. Lines were short every time I went there so check in and check out were easy.
The hotel is fairly new so the rooms are in excellent condition. The rooms were designed with business in mind - you have enough plugs, working space and lighting to work either at the desk or easy chair. It is a modern style room so the shower stall is in the middle of the room which might be a bit strange if you are sharing with a colleague rather than a family member although because of frosted glass you really can't see the person showering. Rooms are very quiet - you hear very little from outside and you certainly don't hear the thumping from rooms above.
Breakfast came with my room and the buffet had a good variety of foods - hot and cold. The service was outstanding - I was always greeted with warm and genuinely friendly hostesses who escorted me to my seat. Service of coffee and juice was quick and I rarely had to ask for a refill since they were around to top up. Room service was also very good.
There is a deli right outside of the restaurant with a nice range of hot and cold food items - a bit pricey but good.

Room Tip: Ask for the view of the harbour. I was on the 6th floor and loved it.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (256)
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

my boyfriend and I spent a few days at the Hyatt - mainly for its proximity to Port of Spain. We felt that the room was fairly small for the price we paid for it - but it had an ocean view which was beautiful. it is exactly what it says it is - a good business hotel, with lots of meetings happening all over the hotel.
However, it was safe, clean with friendly and welcoming staff. We were able to order taxis from the hotel to take us to all the local attractions - but it is, as expected, fairly pricey.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Ashbourne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I last stayed at The Hyatt in March 2010, again I chose a Club room, these are located on the 21st. And 22nd. Floors enjoying views either over the Gulf of Paria or over the city of Port of Spain. A Club room gives access to the private lounge on the ground floor a haven of relative peace with a terrace overlooking the Gulf. Anoshka and Candace were superb. The hotel is really business orientated but never feel that travelling solo or as a couple you will feel overwhelmed, you won't - if you are a people watcher - enjoy! The food and drinks on offer at breakfast time or early evening in the Lounge are excellent.
The infinity pool at fourth floor level is delightful, comfortable loungers with an excellent pool bar offering daytime drinks and food, again the view is over the Gulf.
I am a declared lover of Hyatt hotels wherever I have the opportunity to stay in them - the Hyatt Regency, Port of Spain is a credit to the brand.

Room Tip: For me, the higher the better
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Kingston, Jamaica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

This was my first stay at the Hyatt and it was a GREAT experience. Its great for any occasion. I was apart of a large group staying there for a Regional Meeting/ Conference in October. When we got there it was a bit intimidating with the Parliament building right beside it and it was obvious that the hotel was going to be full with other activities taking place. BUT from we pulled up in our taxi the bell men who greeted us were FABULOUS and seemed very sincere. I distinctively remember a gentleman by the name of Weekly, I became I'll during my stay an he always made it his point of duty to check up on me to see if i was feeling better. Rondell was a darling. Throughout our entire visit he ensured everything was perfect and that we were comfortable. Muammar, dining room manager, was great!!! He always checked to ensure everything was great and even gave us a few suggestions of places to visit in Trinidad also he showed great concern knowing that we were Jamaicans and during our stay at the Hyatt, we were experiencing Hurricane Sandy. The team that works on the Omlette Station FAB!! (Sorry i cant remember there names) They were more than Chefs they were great customer service reps. I remember Janelle too she was a good waitress. The Spa is heavenly. Had a great aromatherapy massage and fell asleep. I slept like a baby that night.

THE SUSHI!!! I'm back home and having dreams about it. It is HANDS DOWN the BEST SUSHI I HAVE EVER EATEN!! The entire hotel is great. The rooms, the view, the beds, the staff and the food were great. I definitely would revisit the Hyatt and recommend it also.

Room Tip: Rooms with a view of the harbor is great...Can watch the sunset or watch the Water Taxi go by
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Hovik, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

OK - this will be short, because it is a very nice hotel:

1. The beds are very comfortable. Thumbs up.
2. Internet connection is actualle as fast as claimed. Thumbs up.
3. The sushi restaurant has probably the best sushi I have ever had. Ten thumbs up.
4. Staff was excellent. Thumbs up.

Will definitely return.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I spent my last night in Trinidad of my honeymoon here at the Hyatt. The door man greeting us with class, was really friendly and offered us a beverage. The rooms are not the "best" I have see, I would say more business savy, rather then luxurious. But still very nice, a little small though. Here's the best part ... the sushi ! The sushi at the bar, is by far the BEST I have ever had. The service at the hyatt is great and I have no complaints. The staff is always friendly and smiling. Visit the sushi restaurant if you get a chance, you will NOT be disapointed.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

We have been staying here for the second time around and have not been disappointed! The hotel is modern with spacious, elegant and comfortable rooms. The staff is extremely friendly, in excellent spirit and very service oriented. The offer a wonderful bfast buffet with fresh tropical fruit, bakeries, hot choices and local dishes. Killer pancakes with grilled banana! The hotel houses a fantastic sushi bar. The chef combines local spices and flavors with traditional sushi, amazing. Freshest fish ever. The pool is a delight with a small but clean infinity pool, nice sun deck and a fantastic view. We will come back any time!

• Stayed November 2012

Been to Hyatt Regency Trinidad? Share your experiences!