“Everything as expected: cozy and clean rooms and Anna was a kind and great hostess” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Thanna's Place

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Port of Spain
Thanna's Place
You added Thanna's Place to your Saves list
27 Erthig Road, Belmont | Queen's Park East, Belmont, Port of Spain, Trinidad   |
Ranked #2 of 42 Port of Spain B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Surinam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2010

We stayed for 3 nights at Thanna's because of the Beyonce concert. Our group consisted of me and my husband, my cousin and his wife. We were really satisfied.
The rooms were very clean, they are cleaned daily. They are quite small but there is also a nice bigger one. Anna gave us the feeling of the service of a good hotel but served at home. During the 3 mornings we received a simple but tasteful breakfast (Anna baked her own cakes and bread). Every morning something different. Coffee, tea, chocolatemilk and cold water were available day and night (selfservice). The kitchen was very suitable for preparing your own meals. Are you with a group of friends or family this apartment is very suitable. We had a room with an ensuite bathroom, but it was good to see that the shared bathrooms are only shared by two rooms.
Thanks Anna and Thai, our stay was really worthed!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Charlotte
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2010

I traveled to POS February 2010 to attend Carnival with my mother. Due to the cost of all the big hotels, I chose to stay at Thanna's- I could not have made a better choice. I contacted Ms. Anna in July 2009 and we remained in constant contact up until I arrived in Feb 2010. Ms. Anna made my arrangements to have someone pick me up at the airport. She sent me information on all the fetes and other local events that were taking place during the time of my stay. Any questions that I had on what to bring, to do or to see while in POS she replied almost instantly and all that was even before I got there. When I got there my experience just got better. We arrived late Friday evening and were hungry-Ms. Anna cooked us a quick meal to tie us over until the morning. The next day we were greeted by her staff, who were I felt went above and beyond. For instance, Wendy, a Thanna's employee went with me to my mas camp because they were giving me the run around about my costume. On another day Wendy, took me to Mario's to pick up pizza for me and other guests. Albert, our security guard shared daily with us stories about POS and one night sang us songs. Colleen was another staff member who was also very helpful. In addition to having a great staff at Thanna's being small and family friendly B&B, you are able to meet and get to know other guest, which is almost impossible at a hotel. I have already spoken with Ms. Anna about my staying there next year for Carnival and would recommend Thanna's to anyone looking for a place to stay.

• Stayed February 2010
Belo Horizonte / MG
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2010

We stayed there for 5 weeks to study. The place is clear and has everything you can possibly need in your stay. The room and bathroom have confortable size and facilities. Great location and special price for longer stays. The owner is always receptive, helping in everything you need, before and during the stay. She usually answers fast any question you can possibly have by email.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
sugarloaf
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2009

Anna Camps is a wonderful lady and a very accommodating hostess. Her guest house
is a couple of blocks from Queens Park and a short walking distance to the zoo. It is also not far from the bus station if you like to walk--little less than a mile which even with my backpack and my age (68) was no problem. This is my second stay with Anna and
would always stay there if visiting that part of the country. We remained good friends and
keep in touch. Her breakfasts were very good and the location is quiet, away from the
noisy city. Walking around Queens Park was relaxing and interesting. A great place to
stay!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
Elk Grove, CA USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2009

Thanna's Place is perfect for the traveler who needs a nice, comfortable, friendly place to stay while in Port of Spain. The location was fine, walking distance from the huge park and restaurants. Anna was extremely helpful. She arranged a very friendly taxi for us and set us up with a fisherman friend to take us "down the islands", an expression that means a boat trip to the islands that reach out to nearly touch Venezuela. The rooms are clean, air conditioned, and very comfortable. Anna cooks a delicious breakfast in the mornings which is included in the price of the room. This is now the only place my family will be stayiing when we visit Port of Spain.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
NY, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2009

I stayed at Thanna's Place during Carnival 2009 with a group of 4 women. Between the four of us, we travel a great deal, both in the U.S. and abroad and have pretty high expectations for service and hospitality. The guest house was ultra-clean and comfy and centrally located for all things Carnival related. In the mornings, you were free to read a book in the sunroom- the windows open out to the street, so you always got a good breeze and plenty of sunlight. You could also partake in a scrumptious Trinidadian light breakfast (along with some basic items and special diets for the picky eaters). The staff were friendly and helpful- willing to give suggestions of places to go and events that only locals would know about. They gave us easy to follow walking directions or even drove us where we wanted to go! The folks at Thanna's place absolutely bent over backwards to ensure a great time was had by all- for those looking for a quiet getaway, or people wanting a romantic interlude, to the stressed out mom looking to party! One day, we mentioned Trinidadian cooking and the next day- one of the ladies took us to the supermarket and actually made the dish for us!!! Now THAT'S hospitality! If you want to stay somewhere where you are treated like family and encouraged to "do your own thing" then Thanna's is the place for you! Thanna's is the only place I will stay when I visit Trinidad again, there's no comparison!!!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends
Philadelphia, Pa. USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2008

Thanna’s Place, what can I say about such a great family environment. I located Thanna’s Place through researching several web sites. I was very skeptical about a place that I did not have first hand information on, boy what a great decision. Ms. Anna and her staff are such great people; they make you feel so comfortable that you leave feeling not as a guest, but part of their family. The rooms are very clean and spacious; the free breakfast is just outstanding and the kitchen was great for those days that you did not want to eat out. What I enjoy the most, was sitting outside on patio, just talking with the staff, which’s made time to sit down and educate me on the insight of the true culture of Trinidad. Oh; I forgot to tell you why I came to Trinidad, and that was to attend my first but not last Carnival, what a great event. Thanna’s Place is located right in the heart of the action. It’s about a 10 minute walk to the Savannah, were most of the Carnival actives take place. So if you are planning to stay in Trinidad and want to stay a great place at a great price, I would advice you to stay at Thanna’s Place and you will be glad you did.

• Liked — the closest to my event
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Thanna's Place? Share your experiences!