“Appalling” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 24 Hotels in Port of Spain
Baltimore, Maryland
“Appalling”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

I recently stayed at the Palms Hotel for three days and was appalled at the service. I arrived at 5:30 pm and found the room to be very hot; the air condition was turned off. I attempted to take a shower and to my dismay there were no washcloths. I called the front desk to complain and was told I have to make a call each time I need a washcloth or an iron. An attendant brought me a hand towel and said that at the time there were no washcloths. The following morning I was told that they had to move me to a different room. They said they overbooked the hotel and they need the upgraded room for a guest who was arriving at 4:00 pm that day. I returned that afternoon and was handed a key for room 204 where my belongings were placed. It is beyond me that the policy of the hotel is to have guests call the front desk to ask for a cheap, flimsy, dingy washcloth each time one is needed. Don’t waste your time to stay at this motel. It is not a hotel as stated.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

Not sure where people are getting that this place is nice or ideal. Clearly they have extremely low standards. This motel reminds me of a place you take a drunken 1 night stand or a call girl. The sheets smell, the "courtyard".....Hahahahaha.....please; it's a joke. The breakfast room is just a very small patio with some locally packaged muffins and coffee. The courtyard & breakfast room are the same size as the box motel room; combined.

There is a junk yard directly next to the motel and the place just sucks! Those pics on the website are from when the motel originally opened several years ago. They don't even give you wash cloths and towels in the room.

I've stayed at lots of hotels in Trinidad, but this by far is the worst experience I've ever had.

If you're hooking up for the night, then this is the place to go. Otherwise, save your $125 (US) for somewhere worth the money.

Room Tip: Stick with brand names or recommendations from family members, if available. The Holiday Inn (close...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Woking, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

If it´s location that you are looking for then the Palms is ideal for the airport…Situated in Piarco (near Trincity) it is a motel type set-up with spacious rooms set around a courtyard, with several patios. It is located on a main road and the traffic is quite noisy throughout the day and night which is somewhat off-putting...The rooms are functional although the décor is tired and rather murky...The breakfast included in the price is very average (plastic plates and condiments and limited choice). The staff at Palms is amiable and there are various eating establishments in the vicinity with a range of choice. If you have a stopover for a night and don´t mind trading location for comfort and facilities then this place could be right for you.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Islip, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

I stayed at the Palms in January of this year. I went to Trinidad for a bit of peace and quiet, I took a secret solo trip not even tell my fam I was in the country, because it was a trip to focus on me and figure somethings out. The Palms made my time fabulous! I will always pick this hotel over any other, it was so peaceful the staff was wonderful helpful and kind. It was perfect for my purpose. Thank you for a great time.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
Ancona, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

Not far from Piarco International al Airport and on the Main Road in the Arouca suburbs, Palms Hotel is my first choice every time I get in TnT. Firstly because is not foolishly expensive as the other hotels you may find closer to the airport or in Port Of Spain (I mean medium/high quality), second because it's in Arouca "city" which is were my business is. Not so many rooms but comfortable. Inner parking with security cameras all around as well as a real night-long security team at the entrance. Inner yard were you can have breakfast. Rooms almost clean with AC and TV. Ice cubes containers are on the outside corridors. The management is friendly and very helpful. As everything in Trinidad, you need to book AND lately send a confirmation note, or you may find some trouble as you get there. Services are maxis and taxis.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2011

The Palms Hotel on the Eastern Main Road made for a pleasant stay during my business trip Trinidad. The room was suitable for a business traveler on a budget such as myself. Wireless was compilmentary which was great, however local phone calls cost and I ended up paying a $40 dollar phone bill at the end of my 9 day stay. They don't offer breakfast or serve food, you have to go out to get that which was cool gave me a chance to explore Trinidad. The staff was nice and they keep the place secure. I loved that anytime someone would come for me, they would first call me and not just allow them up. I felt safe there as a single female traveling.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Trinidad
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2010

The rooms are not very big but it's nice. I love the beds though, they are really comfortable. I like where it is located too because it is easy to get transport, and is close the airport and the mall.

Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Palm's Hotel Trinidad? Share your experiences!