“Nice and safe stay for business or pleasure” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
10% off room rate
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Port of Spain
Guadalajara, Mexico
“Nice and safe stay for business or pleasure”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I traveled for business and spent 3 nights in Port of Spain, all at Forty Winks. Excellent location, I moved from there extremely easy. Small but very clean and neat, Pam and her staff were allways nice and very friendly. I will not hesitate to stay again in my next trip to Trinidad.
H. Ortiz, Guadalajara, Mexico

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
FortyWinksinn, Manager at Forty Winks Inn, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We enjoyed being of service to you and so sorry about the parking!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Lund, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

A good and cosy place to stay in the center of Port of Spain. The location is close to the center, Ariapita Avenue and the Savannah Park and the area felt very safe.We enjoyed the help from the staff and sitting on the garden terrace at dusk. The only little problem was the parking on the street outside.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
East Millinocket, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

After a full week on the beaches of laid-back Tobago, I was not prepared for the big city traffic jams, noise and confusion of Port of Spain, Trinidad. Forty Winks seemed smack in the middle of the city and I had some concerns when we arrived, but they quickly disappeared when we entered. Forty Winks has the feel of someone's home and the lobby is a quiet, inviting place and wonderful transition from the urban sense of Port of Spain. We immediately felt welcomed. Our room was small but comfortable and had the added feature of windows that open, although a bit of a challenge to reach them. Both my wife and I much prefer hot tropical air to air-conditioning and so we are delighted whenever we find accommodations where it is possible to let in real air.

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful as we decided how to spend our day and a half and also negotiated our way around the city. They arranged a 5:30 AM cab for our trip to the airport and gave us their opinion about the cost of various options for a swamp tour and for transportation to the beach.

We only had one breakfast, which was very nice, with eggs made to order, ham, grapefruit, juice, coffee and toast. A very nice part of the facility is the roof terrace (actually just up the steps on the second floor). With flowers everywhere it was a delightful place for morning coffee and a evening snack.

A special note on safety: Trinidad has received enough negative publicity recently to make you very cautious about venturing through the city. In reality, like every American city, there are places you need to avoid, but we felt completely safe walking around the neighborhood where Forty Winks is located. In fact we bought our supper from food vendors in the park both nights we were there and did not see anything or feel at all uneasy as we walked around.

I recommend Forty Winks without reservations. If we are ever back in Port of Spain we will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
FortyWinksinn, Owner at Forty Winks Inn, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful and expansive review. We were so pleased to note that you caught the feel and mood of our little oasis that we tried to achieve in the middle of the madness of a busy city. You and Linda will be welcomed back unreservedly any time.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I stayed at Forty Winks Inn for 7 days in December, 2012. There was no hassle in any way. Pam is nice, friendly and courteous and so is her staff especially Karen who was always willing to help with information. There was something different and delicious for breakfast ever morning. The place is clean, my bed was made every day. I stayed in RM 3, cozy, clean and nice, the AC worked well. This location is close to transportation and restaurants. I would stay here again and do recommend anyone visiting TnT to stay at Forty Winks you'll enjoy your stay. Brenda Ali, Philadelphia, USA

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Ticonderoga, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Spent two nights at Forty Winks Inn. Good location near the park. The Inn was cute, clean, and well maintained. Loved the rooftop deck. The staff was helpful and friendly, they went above and beyond to find things for us to do and arrange taxis for the airport. Breakfast was good and plentiful, they also had a kitchen that was open for guest to prepared and store their own food.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Forty Winks Inn and Innat87 - two twins in Port-of-Spain

I came to Forty Winks Inn in Port-of-Spain from big and expensive airport hotel that I did not like at all. Difference between these two hotels were great. Big hotels are too steril, they have no spirit.

Forty Winks Inn was friendly and small. The staff was superior.The place was like living cultural monument. My room was small and good and clean. After two nights I have to leave the hotel, because rooms were fully booked. I was not happy, because I liked to stay there.

They sent me to their twin hotel, Innat87. Only  two blocks way. It means that you go in to the house at address 87 Woodford Street. And this hotel was even better, if that is possible at all. Rooms  bigger and there was no such much cultur in the place. But the staff was so happy and wonderful. Donna-Maria is the soul of the hotel and she was so lovely, friendly, polite and she understood my glomsy jokes.

I always remember my week in Port-of-Spain and my two twin hotels.

Pauli Vahtera, Finland

Stayed January 2013
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Stayed four nights, and enjoyed it very much. The beginning was a drama with a lost suitcase but Karen chased it up and all turned out well. This is more of a B & B than hotel and I feel that is good because you felt like you were staying with friends. Very good meal's at Martins and Trotters. Thanks again Karen for the help and advice.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Been to Forty Winks Inn? Share your experiences!