“trying hard a worth a look” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Port of Spain

You added Courtyard by Marriott Port of Spain to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Port of Spain
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Invaders Bay, Audrey Jeffers Highway, Port of Spain, Trinidad   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Port of Spain
Chicago
“trying hard a worth a look”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

This property is located next to a very mediocre mall and is otherwise suited mostly for business travelers. Lobby is comfortable and seems remodeled in recent history. Good space for working on laptops, catching up on news and having a drink at the bar. Staff is quite professional, helpful and well- trained. If you have to be in this area rather than in the more enjoyable parts of Trinidad, it's definitely worth a look.

Room Tip: If you are staying in the front of the hotel facing the street be aware that you are directly across...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
GMCYPOS, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Port of Spain, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Lisainthestates,

We are pleased that our lobby design and layout met your needs. Thank you for recognising the efforts of our staff.

Happy holidays from the entire team and we hope to see you again sometime in 2014.

Nicol Khelawan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

What a great place...I'm in a different Marriot every week due to my job, so I know how good they are, how customer focused they are but this place is incredible! Everybody is not just friendly, they actually care and they are so EFFICIENT. Definitely would go back and, saving the best for last, I want to recognize front desk person Nelinne Prosper: I think she actually reads minds and knows what you are going to ask before you do! She's amazing: Front Desk, Concierge, Travel Arranger, anything you need she's there, gets it done, and with a smile! Thanks a million Nelinne!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Joeriotta,

We really appreciate your taking time out to share your experience with us. Your recognition of Nelinne has been shared with her and she has received recognition from her peers and from other employees. We are particularly pleased that she represented our Marriott culture well.

Happy holidays from our team and we hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Trinidad
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

My husband and I decided to celebrate our 1st Anniversary at the Marriott this weekend. We purchased the 'Romance Package' which included a three course dinner, breakfast and 2 open tickets to Movie Towne. Upon our arrival there were two other people ahead of us at the Front Desk, nonetheless a member of staff came from the back office to assist us and expedite the process. When we later got to the Front Desk we were surprised that the Front Desk agent wished us a Happy Anniversary. We were also upgraded to a suite to commemorate our occasion. Much thanks to Mr Ayow who helped us with our booking and Tojo for giving us such a pleasant welcome and surprise.This was a nice touch.

We got up to the room and were blown away by how spacious and luxurious it was. It was also extremely clean. We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner and were amazed by the variety of dinner options given the fact that we were on a package. It was also quite nice to have the dinner staff touch base with us throughout our meal. After a comfortable night's rest, breakfast was just as enjoyable and the options were all quite enticing. At each staff encounter we were also greeted with smiles and salutations.

I can definitely say that this was a lovely way to celebrate our 1st Anniversary. We enjoyed every minute of our stay. I think that this package is well put together and definitely well worth it. Thanks to each staff member for making this experience so memorable.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

The hotel is a typical courtyard, clean, comfortable and friendly. What I like most about this hotel is the location. It is located in Movie Towne Shopping complex. There are multiple restaurants in the complex ranging from high end to fast food and in between. There are both local and American chains. The other major hotels in Port of Spain are all in locations where the only choice without traveling by car is the hotel restaurant, and none of them are good enough to be an every day diet. I can walk out the door and have anything from a great steak to a subway sandwich and remain in a totally safe area.
Of course the staff is attentive and helpful and always remember me when I come back.

Room Tip: Rooms with balconies face the stadium and can be noisy during events. However I have never seen an e...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
GMCYPOS, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Port of Spain, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
DCSDon,

Thank you taking time to share your feedback on your experience with our staff, they will be happy to know that you appreciated their efforts.

We are happy that our location facilitated your needs well and we trust that we will have the pleasure of hosting you again some time soon.

tucson
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

I was stranded in Port of Spain by a combination of Caribbean Air and United after more than a week in the jungle in Guyana. I wanted something nicer than the standard island fare; water pressure, a TV that worked, solid wifi, no bugs and pillows! The Courtyard was great, just what I expected but the staff was amazing. After being stranded at the airport and trying to deal with the staff that didn't even measure up to less than helpful, the Marriott crew was great and just the smiles I needed. Everything was top notch, nicer than many US Courtyards.

I can't imagine me ended up in POS again but if it happens, I know where I'm staying.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
MichaelN,

We are pleased that we were able to provide you with a comfortable stay despite your travel experience. I will be sure to share your comments with our staff.

We do look forward to welcoming you back sometime soon, hopefully this time on a planned visit.

Land O Lakes, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel for business. The length of stay was two weeks and was not disappointed once with either the room, food, or service. My room was one of cleanest if not the cleanest rooms of ANY brand of hotel I have stayed in. There was no trace of dirt or dust in the corners or bathroom. It was obvious that housekeeping did a very thorough job.

The restaurant, in addition to the "usual" fare, offered several local dishes that were excellent - even after two weeks I did not get tired of eating there. The service was the best I have experienced in any Courtyard or similar hotel class. Both Paulines (day and evening were terrific!)

The front desk staff was extremely friendly and professional. I was always greeted as I entered the lobby.

I plan on using this Courtyard whenever I travel back to Port of Spain!

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side (away from the main road) are very quiet.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

I am happy to compose this review on behalf of my family and business associates. We have stayed an excess of 15 days and it's been wonderful. Comfort, food, ambience, pool, room and amazing hospitality. They've selected their entire team of staff well. The general manager is a gem of a professional and their extension of client loyalty is great. This is the first flawless review I have given. Do remember to book your stay when in Port of Spain, Trinidad at the courtyard by marriott.

Also the hotel is located in walking distance to a variety of restaurants from Asian to Brazilian, a grand movie theater and shops, cafés, a wholesale retail warehouse ( similar to Costco) and a casino with live tables for card players and over a hundred slot machines. There is also a grand carousel and play park for the kids and a host of fast food joints all in walking distance. This area next door to the marriott is called Movietown. For the business traveller or tourists who would like to explore Trinidad's nightlife on Aaripita Avenue ( the main avenue with a series of clubs, lounges, restaurants, members clubs etc ), its located just a five minute drive away from the hotel with car service provided at the hotel.

So visit Trinidad and come to this one of a kind category 4 "courtyard by marriott" and experience what hundreds of guests have had the pleasure to at this distinct hotel out of 3600 Marriotts worldwide.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Port of Spain? Share your experiences!