“curtis and gail” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Port of Spain

Save Saved
You added Courtyard by Marriott Port of Spain to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Port of Spain
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Invaders Bay, Audrey Jeffers Highway, Port of Spain, Trinidad   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Port of Spain
Trinidad
“curtis and gail”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

My wife and I celebrated our 14 years wedding anniversary and our stay at the marriott was fabulous, The service was excellent and we felt at home,with the warmth and hospitality of the front desk staff. Melony at the front desk offered us a slice of cake, room service, that was so sweet. we do appreciate that. Oh! the breakfast was a belly full and delicious. It was breakfast for a king and queen. thank you so much. will be back for sure.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I stayed at the Marriott for my wedding weekend. I was pleasently suprised! The rooms were very spacious and clean. The service was great and people very friendly. I loved my stay here and would definitly return again. The bathtub was nice and big along with the bed and size of the room, I immediatly felt relaxed and at home. Two thumbs up, I will be back for sure !

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We have stayed here three times, partially because we are fans of Trinidad which, unfortunately has a dearth of tourist hotels, and partially because we are fans of Marriott's loyalty program. There are no other Marriotts in Trinidad or its lovely compatriot, Tobago. That is a shame because this is a wonderful location to experience a different and exotic culture, partially African, partially Indian and quasi English to boot. But to this hotel.

It has recently had a cheerful and colorful renovation of its lobby. The rooms could use a little of that updating. The tiles in our bathroom were cracked and appeared dirty. The room, however, was large. The furnishings were the usual Courtyard--not bad, but not great. Still, quite comfortable.

Trinidadians are, on the whole, fabulous people. Add this natural tendency to Marriott training and you get truly superior service. The cocktails at the bar were most lovingly made and terrific at $8 each. Food not so good but the service element was again first rate. Reception, housekeeping, all were wonderful.

We paid about $130 a night (with a mysterious service charge added on). This was definitely a bargain. Generally, I would recommend this hotel unless, of course , Marriott decides to build a more tourist oriented hotel since this is clearly more appropriate to business travelers.

One more plug for Trinidad. This hotel is located on a highway near a large mall, but driver/guides are easily located , probably the taxi driver who takes you to the hotel. It is quite inexpensive to find someone who will charmingly show you the Caroni swamp (one of the best nature sights ever), hiking trails in the mountains, the wonderful beach at Maracas, the Asa Wright bird sanctuary, etc. So, it is not so terrible to be away from the beach or mountains--all are easily accessible.

Christ Church, Barbados
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I was booked to stay at the Courtyard by my workplace for a three (3) week training stint in Trinidad. My experience was fabulous from Check In to Check Out. The young ladies at the front desk were helpful and engaging and made my stay an enormously enjoyable one. I had enquired about churches in the area and Camille called and made a contact for me. During my last week in the hotel I fell ill and again the young ladies on duty were more than helpful and sent me multiple brands of medication so that I did not have to go down to the lobby. I would definitely stay there again. The service was great, the in-house restaurant staff was also very friendly and the fact that the hotel is a short walk from a cineplex, shopping complex and restaurants didn't hurt.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Roseau, Dominica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

We stayed here as it was our first time in Trinidad and wanted a hotel in close proximity of Port of Spain. We found this hotel to be ideally located; just about 10-15 minutes drive from Port of Spain without traffic. Furthermore, the hotel is walking distance to Movie Towne, a mall and cinema complex. This area can also be walked to during nights.

The receptionists at Marriott were very friendly and made us feel welcomed at the hotel from night one. Mention must be made of Neline/Nellina and Erchelle (My apologies if I spell the names wrongly). These two ladies always advised us on what we should do, where we should go to and gave us local advice. They always check up on us to ensure everything was okay with the room and our stay.

Also there is a Eurocar (Taxi Service) company stationed at the hotel which will take you to anywhere you want to go, once you're willing to pay the price. If you're adventurous like us, you should learn about the maxi taxis and move around like locals. It's fun and saves you a lot of money also.

In summary, the Marriott is a very clean and friendly hotel ideally suited for anyone who wants to visit Port of Spain frequently and easily. And if you're bored, there's Movie Towne located next door with the cinema and several fast foods chains, restaurants and shops.From my personal experience, I can say that you will not be disappointed with this hotel.

I definitely recommend it.

Reading
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Not cheap, nor luxurious but cheerful and fit for purpose. Clean, very convenient, friendly and happy staff. Decent food from the one restaurant / come bar. I would opt for the extra cost and have the breakfast included in the room rate. Next to MovieTown where there a several food outlets. Its small but that's part of its charm.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back are quieter
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

We stayed in the Courtyard by Marriott, Port of Spain. It was much like other Courtyard experiences - efficient, courteous and helpful within limits. The breakfast was good, services were prompt and rooms were well-appointed and cared for.

It is another matter that the staff serving breakfast would invariably forget to give the small things like butter one day and salt and pepper the other. But this didn't matter to us so much because the seating was good and we were in no hurry. The location has a limitation if you are going to stay longer than a week. For meals you do not have attractive options in Movie Town area.

Room Tip: Rooms on the East side are good.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Port of Spain? Share your experiences!