“Carnival 2014” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Travel Suites Ltd

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Port of Spain
Travel Suites Ltd
You added Travel Suites Ltd to your Saves list
66A Picton Street Newtown, Port of Spain, Trinidad   |
Toronto, Canada
“Carnival 2014”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

Kurtis Bernard

Location, location, location!
If you intend on playing mas for the carnival, this is the place to stay. Dwight will take care of you from entry to entrance. Clean, bright and everything you'll need in a living space. Direct TV as well(not that you'll be watching it). 10 min walk to the Savannah. Some good restaurants nearby as well.
My highlight of the accommodation was the shower, that was outside in the front. PVC piping with curtains, 2 of them side by side. Coming in after Jouvert and showering under the sky, this has to be experienced.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Kingston, Jamaica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

I must say, Travel Suites Ltd is a fantastic place to stay. Dwight was an excellent host, going out of his way to make sure that we were taken care of every step of the way. It was my first time in Trinidad for Carnival and the location was excellent because it's so close to the happenings on Carnival Monday and Carnival Tuesday. When we came the room itself was stocked with a case of water and Gatorade so that we're always re-hydrated when we go out. The sheets and towels were always clean. I was there for a week, but i felt like i could stay there for longer. If i was to come back to Trinidad i would be sure to call Travel Suites first.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Port of Spain, Trinidad
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

Dwight and the rest of the employees of Travel Suites are fantastic. I stayed here for work for a total of 3 weeks and definitely enjoyed my time. The suites are clean and fully stocked with everything you will need ranging from oven mitts, to clean linens, to even a cheese grater. Dwight also goes out of his way to ensure that his guests have an opportunity to experience Trini culture. One night, Dwight took my colleague and I to the Queens Park Savannah and introduced us to local favorites like Cow Heel Souse and Doubles.

Another perk of the Travel Suites is that it is #PERFECTLY #LOCATED. 5 minute walk to the savannah... 5 minute walk to the nearest grocery store, bank, and bar... 2 convenience stores are on either side of the same block the suites are on.

Overall I highly recommend anyone stay at Travel Suites. Aside it being a great place to lay your head at night, the service is outstanding and the location cannot be beat.

Room Tip: Room 5 is the biggest!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

I have been incredibly pleased. First off, the level of service here is incredible. Dwight takes seriously his role as a host, and has gone out of his way to make sure we've been happy, even taking us to the grocery store and out one night for local foods (cow heel souse?!?!?!) at the Savannah. He always available if something is needed, and is friendly, professional, and dedicated.

The apartments are definitely small, but cozy, and the management has made sure that every single thing you could possibly need is provided for you, even Tupperware containers for saving leftovers. I've stayed in lots of hotel/apartment setups, and this is by far the best in terms of the small items you don't realize you need until you need them!

Also, location, location, location. This place is perfectly located, especially with Carnival celebrations around the corner. It's literally five minutes from the Savannah, the nightlife on the Avenue is just a bit further, and from a business perspective, the location has made it very easy for us to get to our meetings.

One final thing - the security is fantastic. Having four different keys is a little annoying, but I feel very safe here.

All told, I cannot recommend this place highly enough. For business travelers or Carnival tourists, Travel Suites is safe bet. Although there's not a whole lot of space, the additional benefits more than make up it!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Dresden, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

Had a great stay there. Wasn't my 1st time in Port of Spain, so I know that there can be big differences in size & room accomodition.The room was clean and towels were brought as often we need. Felt very comfortable & the owner was very friendly. He brought us to Maracas for free & help us everywhere we had problems. Felt very safe in this area. The TV had agreat channel selection although thats not the reason why you should go there. Can highly recommend this place.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Alexandria, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Sadly, one can expect poor customer service at Trinidadian businesses (my fellow Trinis can identify with this). But this place was an exception.

I was in town on business and needed a place where I could continue working remotely. At this apartment, I was able to work undisturbed all day and I was near enough to family that I could spend time with them in the evenings.

The apartment is very well self-contained--toilet paper, soap, paper towels, kitchen utensils, even a little salt and pepper! Appliances included an iron and ironing board, toaster oven, microwave and blender. The pictures you see are also an accurate representation of what the apartment looks like.

I'm proud of this Trini-owned and managed place. Great job!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Hollywood, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

It was a great tranquil place. The ambience of Travel Suites set the mood of my trip. I was able to go out and lodge in with no worries. The staff was amazing and very helpful. I locked myself out of my suite and they came to my rescue less than five minutes without any hassle. The room I dwelled was most adequately furnished with everything one could possibly need for there stay. Moreover, Travel Suites located in the heart of Port of Spain and is walking distance from the Savannah and the Botanical Gardens. There is also a pharmacy and grocery store a couple of blocks away. All in all, I enjoyed my stay and will be staying with Travel Suites my next time coming.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Been to Travel Suites Ltd? Share your experiences!