“No words could express this expirence” 5 of 5 stars

56 Tragarete Road | Woodbrook, Port of Spain, Trinidad
Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 12 Activities in Port of Spain
Winter Park, Florida
“No words could express this expirence”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

I just saw the Silver Stars this weekend at a private event. This is not just a band but closer to an orchestra and believe the only reason that it is not rated higher is because of the limited engagements. Arriving in the home of the pan (steel drum to us in the US), these performers took it to a new level. Playing extremely complex works that will tug on even the deepest emotional strings in a person... it is truly a moving experience and I feel incredibly fortunate to have had the opportunity to be a participant in the event. I knew as I heard it that I would have to post my first TA review... because the present reviews of this were not plentiful enough to really express the awesomeness of the experience. If you have the chance to see them... missing it would be a huge mistake.

Visited April 2014

11 attraction reviews
“Best Pan Yard in Woodbrook”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

This is not your typical ramshackle pan yard .... Silver Stars has a large stage, bar, clean white tiled restrooms, chairs and a clean smooth paved yard. The band members are of all ages, background and races. The atmosphere is one of family, so as a single woman i feel comfortable going there to here them practice for Panorama or even when they host the annual Parang & Steel (a must to attend). Parking is on the road to get there early for choice parking.... this is only necessary when they have a paid event and at the height of the Panorama season. Entrance fees apply for events. Price is very very affordable and food and drinks are on sale.

Visited February 2014
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
3 attraction reviews
“A Truly moving experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

We were fortunate to have had the opportunity to see this amazing group of musicians perform. If I understand correctly they were rehearsing for the big event/competition of steel pan groups prior to Carnival which I believe is called the Panorama.
As we approached Tragarete Road with the intention of visiting another venue, we heard the sounds of the steel pans. (I had read that there are a couple of panyards in this area that welcome visitors and recognized the name.) We were able to pull up a couple chairs, purchase a couple beverages and enjoy the Silver Stars. It was a wonderful cultural experience which I will remember for a long time.

Visited February 2014
8 attraction reviews
“Wow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

Surreal seeing this great collection of musicians in the birthplace of pan I under the stars. A great experience.

Visited December 2013