“The best Hilton I have ever been” 5 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Lady Young Rd. | St. Ann's, Port of Spain, Trinidad   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #4 of 24 Hotels in Port of Spain
Miramar, Florida
“The best Hilton I have ever been”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

The staff is extremely friendly and they're always eager to help you. I always stay in the Executive floor to have access to the Executive Lounge where Maurice is always delight to bring your favorite beverage and snack. 5 Star for Maurice and the Executive Lounge staff.

Room Tip: Stay in the executive floor if you can
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
HiltonTrinidad, General Manager at Hilton Trinidad and Conference Centre, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Thanks for your review. I will share this with our team, especially Mauricia!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

When traveling for business in Trinidad the best place to stay is definitely Hilton in Port of Spain. Warm welcoming staff with a very special mention to Mauricia in the executive lounge!
Thanks for always making my stays more inviting.
Keep up the great work!!!

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you and see you back soon!
Port of Spain, Trinidad
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Thank you Hilton Trinidad, since 2006 my family and I have been frequent guests at Hilton Trinidad, sometimes as overnight guests and at others for use of the facilities (restaurant and otherwise). The service from all members of staff has been consistent and exceptional, friendly warm, helpful, and inviting. We feel like it's a second home. Thank you once again. See you soon. (My mother insists that I take her for dinner there at least once a month.)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you and happy this is your second home. Thanks for choosing to stay with us!
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed here during my husband's business trip to Port of Spain. He's a Hilton Gold member so we did get an Executive room and did get access to the Executive Lounge.

The good:
The service -- Everyone, from the gentlemen who called cabs to the concierge to the housekeeper to the bartender was friendly, helpful, and warm. Maybe the best hotel service I've ever encountered. They really made you feel relaxed and at home.
The setting -- set up on a hill overlooking the savannah and lots of trees. We heard birds singing all the time. Very restful. Also, views of POS and from some places, the Gulf of Paria. Whereas the Hyatt just views the water, the Hilton takes in the green expanse of the savannah, the city, and the water...and some pretty dramatic sunsets!
The gym -- excellent up to date equipment, very clean and modern.
The Executive Lounge -- renovated, contemporary, very good continental breakfast for Hilton Honors people.
The room itself -- had been renovated. The bathroom was really nice. The room itself was pretty nice. Carpet perfectly fine, good desk, very comfortable bed, etc. Balcony with two chairs overlooking trees and the tennis court. Not a luxury room, but updated and nice. (But I did not see a non-Executive room, so I wonder if they look as updated. Couldn't say.)
The public spaces -- you never felt crowded in the hotel because there are lots of places to walk and hang out. Several spots to get a drink or just look at the view.
Conveniences -- there's a sundry shop with some necessities, a car rental place, a snack/breakfast bar, a couple of bars including the pool bar which served some casual food, etc.

The not-as-great
Some parts of the hotel looked dated and were not renovated. It was a mixed bag. The carpets in the hallways to the room need to be replaced, the tennis courts are in need of resurfacing, and the pool deck needs resurfacing too. But all appeared very clean to me, and the interior of the hotel always smelled fresh and clean. The business rate we got was about $80 less than the Hyatt, which is much more slick, contemporary, and high end. That being said, I can see why my husband prefers this for stays in POS, because you get a sense of space, and being in nature, that the Hyatt doesn't offer. Also, you can easily walk to the savannah (ask directions for best exit from the property) for ambles or jogs.

In summary: Some Hiltons seem to be a bit long in the tooth. This Hilton has some areas that are fresh and renovated, while other spots could use an infusion of cash. We had a positive stay. The staff is superb, the bed extremely comfortable, and the property clean and well-located. We enjoyed using the tennis courts and eating by the pool. I'd be happy to stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your extensive review. We will continue to work on the entire property to maintain the great experience that we are known for, even after 51 years of existence. Hope to have you back soon!
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Hi Folks

I just want to mention that while I stayed at the hotel Mauricia from the continental breakfast area provided me with exceptional service! She personally took me to find information I required and acted in a very professional manner. Thank you.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you. We will share your comments with Mauricia.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

I stayed at the Hilton Sept 6-10th. Overall the hospitality was great. I really wish I had enough cash to tip all of the staff everytime they opened a door or offered to go the extra mile. My husband and I spent the weekend for our anniversary. We we given complimentary bottle of wine and
dessert. The room is just as advertised but a little smaller. We had a balcony with views of the savannah...beautiful, king size bed, lots of tv channels to choose from, just a very comfortable safe place to stay. Nabila was our server for dinner one night and she was extremly professional, witty and complimenting. She went out of her way to make sure we were happy. The gym and change rooms are very modern and you can tell that the hotel is going through a phase of renovations. Some hall ways, the pool and the restaurants still need to be renovated. I really hope they work on the pool area next because although it was large it is in obvious need of work. Most guests spend the majority of time at the pool since the hotel doesn't really offer much entertainment. If there was some sort of live music or activities on the weekends and the reno complete I would rate this place a 5/5

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for your review. We will share your comments with the team and it was certainly our pleasure.
Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

My family spent the night of August 31st 2013 in order to see the fireworks and for the children to relax before school reopened. we enjoyed the unobstructed view of the fireworks show. additionally the buffet breakfast was excellent. even my picky eleven year old daughter enjoyed the breakfast.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thanks for your feedback. We are proud of our breakfast spread.

Been to Hilton Trinidad and Conference Centre? Share your experiences!