I've been going to Trinidad on business twice a year for the last 10 or so years,I thought i'd give the Hilton another go after staying in the Kapok for the last few times as the Kapok's rooms are in my opinion starting to get a bit shabby and i'd heard the Hilton's had been renovated ,mmmmmmmmmmmmm!
Check in was fine but when i got to my room i was very disappointed,it was one of the very old rooms and in my opinion for US$ 200 a night plus taxes just not good enough and an insult to the Hilton brand.I went back to reception and asked to be changed which i was immediately without fuss,however on getting to my second room i found it occupied so back i go to reception to try again !
My third room was one of the renovated rooms,it was a lovely room but strangely the actual bath/shower had not been changed and on using the shower found it was almost impossible to keep the temperature steady going from hot to cold,not good when half way through washing your hair,i couldn't be bothered to complain again so had baths instead of showers during my 3 night stay,inconvenient but i really didn't want a 4th room !.The rest of the room however was good with a fantastic king size bed which which very comfortable.
The rest of my stay was ok,the pool and pool area is nice although getting very tatty,the staff were friendly enough and the service was good although the food was ridiculously overpriced with a full breakfast over US$ 30 after tax.
To sum up to be honest i was disappointed and probably will not stay there again as the new 400 room Hyatt will be open next time i visit,the Hilton really could,and should do better.Would i recommend this hotel,only if you can affiord to pay extra for the "new" rooms otherwise avoid !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel offers 418 recently renovated guestrooms, a brand new State of the Art Fitness Centre, refurbished Executive Clublounge and 10 flexible Meeting rooms. The hotel is strategically located just minutes away from the busy downtown shopping centre, but ideally situated away from the congestion of the city. The hotel is famous for being one of the few upside-down hotels in the world, is built into the mountainside and set on 25 acres of lush, green landscape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Hilton Hotels, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Trinidad and Conference Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Trinidad And Conference Centre Hotel Port Of Spain
- Hilton Hotel Trinidad
- Port Of Spain Hilton
- Hilton Trinidad Hotel
- Hilton Port Of Spain
- Hilton Trinidad And Conference Centre Port Of Spain