“Kapok Review” 5 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   16-18 Cotton Hill | St. Clair, Port of Spain, Trinidad   |
Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Port of Spain
“Kapok Review”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

My family and I stayed at the Kapok hotel while we vacationed in Trinidad and the experience was amazing. The staff was so friendly and professional. The room, gym, and pool area were clean. The food at the Kava restaurant was absolutely delicious and the service was prompt. I recommend anyone to visit the Kapok hotel and I will definitely be staying at Kapok when I travel back to Trinidad.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Finnish first
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

My stay here was wonderful, excellent customer service and delicious food on the 8th floor, beautiful views, and yummy pizza from room service. The pool was also lovely (small but nice). Very modern, great location.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Port of Spain, Trinidad
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

Great location. Friendly staff. The restaurant at the top of the hotel is one of the finest I have ever been to in terms of great quality of food and drinks.the bedroom is nice comfortable bed clean toilet. Comes with a mini fridge that you can purchase drinks and store there.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Cambridge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

Very helpful staff, bar and restaurant were hugely welcoming and the owner is both warm and keen to have feedback.

Everyone from the room cleaners to reception and serving staff were unfailingly polite, cheerful and engaging. Nothing was too much trouble.

A marvellous two week business stay - I would return without hesitation.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

I decided to just relax and choose this hotel to do so. I called and made a reservation upon reaching the hotel i realized that the reservation was not in the system even after the person who i made the reservation with called to confirm. The situation was rectified but we got a very small room and was informed that the room was smaller that the standard rooms. The facilities was nice and so to was the staff. The service at their restaurant (KAVA) was poor. I waited at the bar for a seat outside for quiet some time and had to keep reminding the managers thats i was waiting to be seated. Also waited some time for my drink and when my meal finally arrived it was warm. We asked the waitress for the bill three times and never received it. We eventually got bored and went to our room. After i checked out the manager from accounts called me informing me of an outstanding bill. I was still very co operative after explaining the situation to the manager who did nothing to rectify it, provided my credit card information for the amount to be deducted and an authorization form was emailed to me. The amount was deducted from my account without me sending the authorization form which was in really bad taste!

My reservation was not on the system
Received sub standard serviced at the restaurant (KAVA)
Never received my bill after requesting it three times
Was called after i checked out and charged without my authorization

the above mentioned spoiled my experience i may return in the future (50% chance) have a luke warm feeling towards the hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Trinidad and Tobago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

My boyfriend and I were looking for a hotel just to get some rest away from our hectic lives and decided to choose Kapok Hotel for one night. We payed $143 USD per night plus taxes. The following were the pros and cons:

Pros:
- Pleasant, helpful and well- mannered front desk staff
- We were the only ones in the Tiki village for breakfast at the time. The restaurant staff were extremely pleasant, helpful and friendly. That was a plus for us given that we were locals!
- The breakfast at the Tiki village was very tasty. It was buffet style
- The view from the Tiki Village is calming and a pleasant sight to look at when eating
- The room was extremely clean upon entry and no funny smells
- Decor of the room was quite nice
- The ac in the room was quiet
- I am a light sleeper and I couldn't hear any noises through the walls. That was a plus for me.
- There was area designated for proper parking
- Area of hotel was relatively safe
- Queens Park Savannah and other places were easily accessible
-Tv and remote usage were okay for us

Cons:
- Check-in was a bit slow
- We stayed in the Standard Queen Room. It was pretty small for the price.
- The bath area was super tiny and a bit uncomfortable when taking a bath.
- There was no bottle water in the room. That is preferable to water from a mug. We didn't know how long that was there.

We didn't try accessing wireless or swimming in the pool so we couldn't comment on these. Apart from the cons, the stay was relatively nice and we do recommend the hotel.

Room Tip: Standard Queen rooms are small. Go for larger ones.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

Defiantly would recommend this hotel to anyone, very clean and good service. Will be back soon, shame to be back home. The area is great with a great view from outside the window, we even had our own en suite with a beautiful bath inside, loved every bit of it. Overall excellent!

• Stayed February 2014

Been to Kapok Hotel? Share your experiences!