“little improvement” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Port of Spain
Port of Spain, Trinidad
“little improvement”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

the rooms are very comfy clean service excellent nice view of the city the pool is lovely having dinner at the pool area is very relaxing the food is great this place has a nice package for a bacholerette party had one here and the value for your money was great food is a bit expensive

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank zippy331

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

Hotel was OK. My only complaint was breakfast was included in my package, but guess what it didn't include eggs & pancakes. If u wanted those u had 2 pay 4 them. Becareful when u pay your travel agent USD$96.00 for an extra guest to sleep over, because when my guest sign in d hotel made me pay another USD $97.50 . Only killed one Roach up in d restaurant. Plus d bread had a little mold, so we showed it 2 d supervisor of d restaurant. Enjoy using d gym, pool & Enjoyed my stay. Nice hotel overall. U could stay @ this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank FancyfaceFeefee123
Markham, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

We stayed at the Kapok Hotel in June\July of 2012 for a week, 9 of us 7 adults and 2 kids. The location was great and we literally had the pool all to yourselves for our entire stay.
Food was great at the restaurant and it was very reasonably priced.
Rooms were clean and the AC worked extremely well as I usually like it very cold.

We had a great stay and would definitely recommend it.

Room Tip: Would recommend you stay on the rooms facing the front of the Hotel.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank allumski
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

The stay was mediocre at best, but the food at Tiki Village, HORRIBLE. The value was not there, but the views overlooking the city were great! The worst Chinese food I have ever eaten. The absolute best part of the meal, was the fresh broccoli. Not even my kids wanted this $645.00 meal. Total waste of money.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Trinbagolady
Arima, Trinidad
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

My wife and I stay there over a weekend. The staff was nice and helpful. I had a few issues namely the fact that my wifi password only worked on day one, and some sort of work was being done and we were not notified so during the day we heard pounding. Also the A/C did not really have any functionality so we were stuck with whatever pre-sets they programmed (always cold and fan on high) . Also it seemed that soap is being rationed because if two people are in a room for the weekend one bar of soap wont suffice.
Even with that being said the food in Tiki was excellent as was the service, breakfast was good each morning. All in all we had a very good weekend.

Room Tip: stay away from 797 its close to the elevator and the door for the stairs next to it can be heard in...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Uniek_lmk
St James, Trinidad
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

When I arrived they were very nice but after the first day I noticed they were just acting the first day.
The people from the restaurants Tiki Village and Bois Cano are very nice, the house keeping staff is cool too. But the people at the front desk, the rudest I have ever had, I needed to go there for the wi-fi password, and the second day of my stay I heard them buffing up a guest, she had filled a complaint about something in her bathroom and they didn't like that it seems. The third day I got a buff myself because I had called and asked for them to call me a cab. The lady on the phone was very rude and said, the phone not free ya know. I stayed for 2 weeks and will NEVER, EVER, EVER stay at Kapok ever again. Not even if it is for free. They are not hospitable!!!!!

Room Tip: Don't go to the front desk, it is like a horror movie!!!!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
5 Thank Layla W

Travelers are raving about these Port of Spain hotels

New Canaan, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

From the states I travelled to Trinidad with my family, including two young kids. This was a great hotel for the trip. Nice clean room but no balcony so personally I felt a little shut-in. Very convenient and short walk to Savannah, Zoo, Botanical Gardens and shopping plaza. Taxis are readily available and so are drivers for tours. Very helpful staff.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Forty Winks Inn
Forty Winks Inn
#3 of 22 in Port of Spain
4.5 of 5 stars 165 reviews

Been to Kapok Hotel? Share your experiences!