“Customer service sucks!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of The Emerald Apartments & Plaza

The Emerald Apartments & Plaza
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Port of Spain
The Emerald Apartments & Plaza
11 Eastern Main Road | St. Augustine, Port of Spain, Trinidad   |
Ranked #11 of 21 hotels in Port of Spain
“Customer service sucks!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

I just called to find out the rates and location for a friend and the person on the phone was very rude and nasty. When I mentioned that they should tone down their bad attitude a bit - she hung up the phone!!! Having a bad attitude is one thing but hanging up the phone on a customer without resolving an issue?? Wow for a failing nasty hotel you should do more to attract customers!!! Now you have lost a sale and earned a negative review online so foriegners can see what a nasty upsetting level of service you have!

Thank you I'm glad I didn't recommend this place to anyone so that they could waste their money on you!

• Stayed November 2012

16 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Halifax, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

I echo the sentiments expressed by other reviews. This is a great place to stay and is excellent value for money.

The apartment I stayed in #202. Mr. Lester was our contact person for this apartment. He was very accommodating and ensured that all our concerns were dealt with in a timely manner. He is always just a phone call away. It is tastefully decorated and large 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom apartment self contained apartment. It has all the amenities for a comfortable and enjoyable stay such as:
- a kitchen (with pots, glasses, plates, electric stove) and living room area,
- high-speed internet access and cable TV,
- a/c units in every room.
- a master bedroom and another equally large bedroom both with Queen sized beds,
- a washer/dryer
- Ironing board and Iron
- A large assortment of towels
- Swimming pool downstairs

On the downside is that the bathrooms, while featuring hot/cold water and tub, are quite small and one may feel cramped in it. Additionally, although they were clean they were showing some signs of wear. For example, the soap dish in the master bathroom shower area had rusted areas and none of the bathroom fans seemed to be working.

Nevertheless it was a nice apartment and we will certainly stay here again if the need arose.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Hyattsville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

The best place to stay in trinidad. The location was very close to everything the price was very inexpensive. The bedroom very spacious, The pool was nice I was in the pool about 2 thru 3 am in the morning.... The surrounding is very safe at night 24hr security. I had gotten it for a hooneymoon. My wife love the place and my wedding party dress at the hotel .

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

Thanks to the good reviews on this site I booked a stay at Emeralds in Apartment 202 from Flo phone number 868 793 0774. To get away from the cold with my wife and kids. This was by far the best idea I ever had (so says my wife lol). But no kidding I'm originally from Trinidad unlike my wife so I wanted to pull out all the stops and thanks to Flo I was able to make it happen. The service the security the swimming pool who could ask for more. Thanks to trip advisor for steering me in the right direction.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Trinidad
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

My family and i stayed here from the 11/11/11 to to the 14/11/11 and i must say we enjoyed our stay here we stayed in room 303 which we rented from Mr Lester contact # 620-2728 we loved the pool we tried it once during our stay spent most of our stay outdoors.
we would recommend this place and certainly stay here again everything worked well including the elevator during our stay, the wifi internet worked excellent too

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Bethesda, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

This July I made a return visit to Trinidad this time with my wife and two friends we stayed in Apartment 202, from Floris Fraser phone [--]. This is my usual haunt it’s a two bedroom two bath unit located close to the university in a secure building with 24hr security all the amenities (cable TV, internet and swimming pool.) and two restaurants located on the compound with a medical facility.

The service was fantastic and the rooms were well laid out and clean as usual and I got to impress the hell out of my friends with the welcome basket and service. All I had to say to Floris at the end of my visit was thanks for making me look larger than life to my friends. They are going to talk about this for years to come.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Wolfsburg, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2011

Stayed at this place with my family for two wonderful days. The apartment we stayed in was tastefully decorated and inviting. It was spotlessly clean, spacious and comfortable to stay in. We had all the necessary facilities available in it. There was an internet connection too. We adored the attentive and prompt service. The swimming pool had crystal clear blue water in it and looked inviting. Though I did not try it, my sisters had a great time in it. The owners were very accommodating. We are glad that we stayed there. The place was a great value for our money. We would like to stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to The Emerald Apartments & Plaza? Share your experiences!