“Clean your rooms!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Hotel Trinidad

You added Radisson Hotel Trinidad to your Saves list
Radisson Hotel Trinidad
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Wrightson Road & London Street | PO Box 1017, Port of Spain, Trinidad (Formerly Crowne Plaza)   |
Ranked #7 of 24 Hotels in Port of Spain
“Clean your rooms!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW via mobile

My husband and I decided last minute that we wanted to spend the weekend at a hotel. So we called around and decided to stay at Radisson. Anyway, we checked in after midnight and went to our room. As soon as we opened the door, we were greeted with a musty smell. My husband complained right away and rightfully so. The room just felt dirty and looked like it wasn't touched in decades. The drapes smelled incredibly bad and the bed wasn't made properly. We were completely turned off. I searched high and low for a fridge. We called front desk and they said that the rooms didn't come with one and if you need one it's and extra charge. WHAT!!! What utter garbage is that!!? Needless to say, we checked out in less than half an hour!! We didn't even sit down. The room itself is ridiculously bland and the hotel needs a serious upgrade. What I found even more surprising is that upon checkout, the young lady didn't even ask why we were leaving. She never enquired what our concerns were. She just said ok and started the checkout process. I mean how can an establishment not care about the customer's experience. Isn't the obligation to make your guests as comfortable as possible. Not even an incentive to stay? Nothing complimentary? No reduced rate? No offer for a different room? Not even a listening ear? We told her anyway and she didn't care. It was as though she was saying "well go somewhere else if you don't like here!" So we did! We checked into Hyatt and it is 50x better. Your competition is right across the road and you can't even make an effort to entice potential guests. I have been to events at this hotel but I can assure you that I would NOT stay here again!!!

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Radisson Hotel Trinidad, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We apologize for the condition of your room in regards to the cleanliness and upkeep, as well as the service received from the front desk staff. This type of service is atypical for our hotel and your comments will be shared with management to ensure that these issues are addressed.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Everyone I spoke to were friendly and helpful and made my stay enjoyable. From checking in with Marissa, to the bar and checkout with Samantha. Everyone had a smile on their face and were available to help with any questions/concerns. The views from the location are great, from the ocean to the cars and people moving about to the pool side. I also enjoyed the breakfast that included cereal to salt fish. There are some renovations taking place and I noticed my room was recently painted and possibly the shower head and handle were loose. Possibly recently installed. Outside that, the room was spacious and comfortable, I wish I stayed longer but I spent most of my time visiting family and taking in the sites. This is a nice and worthwhile hotel to stay at!

Room Tip: Bed and Breakfast package!
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Trinidad and Tobago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

First off, the reservation for the hotel was really smooth. Being a member of the Club gained me points for my stay. Upon arrival I was greeted with a warm smile and par excellence customer service. What is noteworthy is that the check in/check out was one of the fastest I've ever experienced at any hotel thus far. Jeremy at the front desk was very hospitable and accommodating. The room was the biggest I've stayed in and I have stayed at every hotel in the Port if Spain area. The furniture was so plush, luxurious and not to mention comfortable. I loved the decor style, not sure what era/style that its from. Jeremy even called to see if we were settled in well, and upon hearing that it was my partner's birthday the restaurant staff sent two cakes(slices), a cupcake and cheesecake delivered with a smile. Coincidentally cheesecake is my favorite and red velvet is my partner's. We were even given a complimentary drink by the bar for my partner's birthday. I felt that was a nice touch. The staff are so accommodating, friendly and pleasant. That's something most local customer service staff rarely possess. The pool was warm with jets at the sides and really spacious. Couldn't ask for a better stay. Favorite hotel? Let's wait and see :) Give them a visit.

Room Tip: The suite on 12th floor are particularly roomy!
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
San Fernando, Trinidad
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I had a great experience at this hotel and will recommend it to my family and friends.The food was great, the hospitality was excellent and the view was great. Radisson wasn't my first choice but I still had a great time.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Georgetown, Guyana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Great central location with more than hospitable staff.

I would recommend this hotel and would stay here again. Although it was a short trip it felt like I was there forever. Food was great and tasty.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business

Been to Radisson Hotel Trinidad? Share your experiences!