“Interesting” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Hotel Trinidad

You added Radisson Hotel Trinidad to your Saves list
Radisson Hotel Trinidad
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Wrightson Road & London Street | PO Box 1017, Port of Spain, Trinidad (Formerly Crowne Plaza)   |
Ranked #7 of 21 Hotels in Port of Spain
Port of Spain, Trinidad
“Interesting”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Last week was my true first visit to the radisson hotel. My business associate was staying there and i decided to meet him for a drink in the bar. Firstly upon entrance i did notice the man playing the piano and i was greeted by the staff. when i proceeded to sit down in the bar area after 15/20 minutes i realised it was self service despite having 3 staff members "milling" around. i got a glass of prosecco which was served in a red wine glass (lol) price was reasonable and proceeded to my table. i did notice other tables not cleaned by the team. I enquired from my colleague who mentioned that the rooms are and i quote "adequate and nothing to write home about" he did mention front counter staff which i viewed also were helpful. in general i think the team in the radisson need a shake up and truly establish the hotel as a solid base. it is close to down town, in the business area and has alot of potential. i am not 100% sure if i will revisit but at this time i will advise my colleagues to stay elsewhere

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I made reservations for an executive level room and received a standard room. None of the amenities listed on their website were provided, which were: a mini refrigerator, iHome, daily newspaper, refreshed water bottles, drink vouchers, pantry, 1000 bonus points per night, early check-in, upgraded toiletries, bathrobe and
slippers. The most alarming issue I had was with the lack of customer service. I contacted two managers on-site, Joshua and Vellenton about the conditions of the hotel and room. I then had to contact the Radisson Customer Care line because my issues were not being resolved and the general manager was inaccessible and nonresponsive. The staff would also not give out his contact information. The only way to reach him was to call the main line and ask if he was available. Five days went by before we heard anything.

On February 16th around 11:00 PM, the general manager, Mark Kulecki, decided it was appropriate to pull us out of bed in the middle of the night with police officers, due to an unresolved issue with our bill. He was seeking payment of the bill. I had no objection to paying and was appalled at the urgency of the meeting, since I had tried to reach the general manager since we arrived to discuss the room rate and conditions. At no other time was I notified about when the bill needed to be paid. My credit card information was also on file. The general manager made no attempt to contact me on my local cell phone number or contact me via email, which I had the front desk add to my account and the Radisson Customer Care line had on file as well. After discussing our stay and issues for a couple of hours, Mark Kulecki would only give a $300 credit, if I signed a waiver giving up my rights to dispute the claim, make a complaint to the Radisson, or give them an honest review on any social media sites. This seemed coercive and inappropriate. I refused to sign the waiver and was charged the full amount for the executive room, even though I had a standard. Then, when the staff member tried to charge my card, their American Express machine was offline. I have the slip that shows it was not charged at the time. All of this could have waited until business hours the next day. We were not able to return to bed until almost 2:00 AM. The following day, Tuesday, February 17th, was the day of the actual carnival events. Being unnecessarily ripped out of bed in the middle of the night interrupted our sleep and made us late for our events the following day. The general manager was rude, unconcerned about the room issues, and accusatory about the bill. He made it seem like I was trying to avoid the bill,when I was ready to pay by November 29, 2014, the day stated on the reservation. There were several other check points and means of communication when the bill could have been discussed. I still do not understand why my card was not charged by the dated stated in the reservation and why it was not brought up at check-in. Lastly, when I checked out, the concierge refused to provide a final print out of the bill.

In addition to being over charged, there were several structural and communication issues within Radisson's staff. The deposit was charged two months late under the Holiday Inn. I had my AMEX card replaced because I thought it was a fraudulent charge. The Radisson Customer Care line has documentation of my card being replaced. Also, the reservation confirmation states the full amount would be charged to the card on file by November 29, 2014 and it was not. I called the customer care line and emailed several times in an attempt to confirm my reservation. I only reserved the executive room because we were told by the customer care line that breakfast would not be provided. Upon arrival, I found out that standard rooms received breakfast and was misled by the Radisson reservation staff. Since I made my reservation over the summer, I contacted the customer care line and hotel numerous times to ensure a smooth stay abroad. This entire ordeal was time consuming and strenuous, when it should have been seamless and straightforward.

There are other issues, which would have been tolerable, but are compounded by the harassment by the general manager. My friends had a standard room, which was how I was able to determine that I also had a standard room. Unfortunately, their reservations were cut short by the reservation staff, and they had to move to another hotel. This split our group apart and put a damper on our trip. Also, the hotel is currently under renovations and it makes for an uncomfortable stay. During our stay we had discolored water, had to chase down replacement towels and cups, and had incorrect orders from room service. Also, for some odd reason, our room key cards had to be reactivated daily. These shortcomings added to making this an unpleasant stay. The Radisson Trinidad is charging an exorbitant amount for an unfinished, unrefined, and unorganized hotel.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Radisson Hotel Trinidad, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We apologize for the dissatisfaction of your stay in regards to the missing package amenities as well as the service provided by the staff and management. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments so we can continually improve our services. We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.
Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

By far the most unprofessional way of handling customers service of all my business trip. My colleague and me were on a business to POS, I stayed for 18 nights and my colleague 11 nights. During the checkout process we handled them a company check to settle the bills, they agreed at the front desk to release the amount held but the next day they still go ahead to charge the amount to our credit cards. We went back to hotel to verify that why is the action taken. They replied that they were waiting for the company check to be transacted and in the mean time the amount in our credit card was charged too. I mean how could you charge to our credit card first when you hadn't know the status of the check? (Did you guys assume that the check will bounce?) The check got through anyway. It took them at least 2 days to realize that it was their mistake and at least another 3 days to make the refund. As we were using foreign credit card there was a fluctuation in currency rate during the charge-back. When asked, the hotel front desk manager replied us saying that they did not do the conversion as it was not necessary and did not understand why our bank credit card would charge a different rate. The hotel did nothing to compensate the fluctuation difference for their fault made at their side. This is the most unprofessional way of handling things i ever seen, We stayed more for 18 nights, mind you! Not 1 or 2 nights and this is the kind of services that we received. We are very disappointed and frustrated of how unprofessionally Radisson Trinidad handled our case. We are currently raising a dispute with the bank to file a case as our credit card account are now being suspended for your inability to handle situation. I would strongly not recommend anyone to contribute a single cent to Raddison Trinidad.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Maxine35, Brand Quality Manager at Radisson Hotel Trinidad, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear DILWYN T,
Thank you sharing this unfortunate situation with me. I did have a meeting with the relevant Manager to ensure no Guest goes through this in the future. I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience caused and would love to welcome you back to our Hotel.

Best Regards,
Gail Mark-Carmagnani.

Been to Radisson Hotel Trinidad? Share your experiences!