“Nice setting, views, pricey” 4 of 5 stars

#1 Wrightson Road | Hyatt Regency Trinidad, Port of Spain, Trinidad
868 623 2222
Website
Improve this listing
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Buffet, Late Night, Dessert
Baltimore, MD and NYC
“Nice setting, views, pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

There is a wide variety on the menu. It is expensive and compared to other restaurants on the island the food is a little more bland. I don't know if that is because it's a hotel that wants to please most but I prefer a little more zing in my food. It's still worth checking out. The filet or sea bass are my most common orders. The accompanying naan the bring to the table is very tasty.

Visited September 2011

81% Recommend
Trinidad
“Fresh juice on an island is an important offering”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

This is a great restaurant which offers food for every palate. They are consistent in quality of food, service and a decent variety of options. However, Trinidad and Tobago abound with fruits and this hotel has no excuse for not offering this at every meal. Even the lunch menu illustrates fresh oranges, yet when asked about fresh fruit juice, they quietly say "None". We had the bartender whip us up a lively blend of local fruit and charge US$5. No problem, but let patrons know that the option is available. Otherwise, good job!

• Visited November 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Trinidad
“Excellent Breakfast Buffet for Kids”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

I took two kids, ages 6 and 9 here for an early Sunday breakfast. We chose to be seated outside close to the ocean. The view was stunning and the wait staff was warm and engaging. The kids were given crayons and a play sheet which engaged them fully for appproximately fifteen miniutes which gave me time to relax and enjoy the ambiance.

The Buffet Breakfast is fully loaded! There was something for everyone. Even the six year old who can be a fussy eater cleaned his plate and asked for more. There was a huge variety of breads, pastries, an omlette station, various sausages and meats, etc. etc. The Waterfront Restaurant can be expensive and I have eaten there many times before. However, I found the breakfast buffet to be very reasonable. (Five year olds eat free).

After eating, the kids went and played closer to the ocean, looking for fish and having a generally great time.

They both commented after that they thoroughly enjoyed the expereince and they would like to have breakfast there every Sunday :) I give the Waterfront Restaurant two thumbs up for the Sunday Morning Breakfast Buffet!

• Visited November 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Lack of follow up”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

I was staying at the hotel for my birthday and we had dinner in the restaurant one night.

It took quite a while to find someone to actually place the order and then we were given somewhat conflicting information regarding which menu could be used. In fact we had to get up and go ask someone to come to our table.

Food is very tasty but it was frustrating to the point of almost leaving to go and eat somewhere else. A surprise dessert was even ordered (and paid for) for me and asked that is be delievered to the table and yet again my partner had to get up and go inside to ask them to bring it out before I went back to our room.

Great hotel although there are some areas that need work. Love the live entertainment.

• Visited December 2010
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Port of Spain, Trinidad
“Beautiful setting - OK food.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011

The Hyatt is located on the Port of Spain waterfront and there is indoor and outdoor seating. The ambiance is modern and relaxing. Those are really the things that makes a visit worthwhile. I especially love to go and sit outdoors on a Sunday evening, when there is usually live entertainment also. However, to be honest the food is not much to talk about. The tea items are all very heavy flour based. None of the items I ordered on my several visits was light and refreshing - just heavy and doughy. The restaurant is also pretty but the food is not that great. I had the steak on my three visits. Really just mediocre in the food offerings. Hyatt needs to redo their menus, both inside and outside menus. The tea items are just too heavy and tasteless. Lots of service - but you pay a lot for it. It is pricey for what you get.

• Visited November 2010