“Great Service Great Quality Great Price” 4 of 5 stars

You added The Carlton Savannah to your Saves list
The Carlton Savannah
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Coblentz Ave | Cascade, Port of Spain, Trinidad   |
Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Port of Spain
“Great Service Great Quality Great Price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

The staff and the rooms were great, I would definitely recommend it to anyone. We stayed for two nights one which was my lady's birthday and we received two free pieces of cake which was brought by management. We did however had a minor incident which we had to call back to find out if they forgot to bring ice to our room which we requested and after 15mins no ice. After we called they apologized and ice was delivered instantly. So overall Carlton Savannah was great. Will definitely go back.

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Castries, St. Lucia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

This was my first stay at the hotel when i arrived there the check-in process was rather quick. I was escorted to my room by Joel who was very helpful.The room gave me that homestead kind of feeling clean and comfortable. The restaurant staff was rather pleasant and professional especially christine and the bartender. Overall I must say i was more than impressed with the Carlton Savannah, I must thank Karen and James(Front Office Manager) for making this a restful weekend and i will surely be back soon and will also recommend to friends.Thanks again for everything. See you guys soon.

Room Tip: Great place to relax with that kind of home feeling
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Trinidad
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

First time I stayed at Carlton Savannah it was not what I expected. The checking in at the front desk was very slow and I had to wait approximately a half hour. It was clear the staff was poorly trained. To me this is turn as this is the hotel industry and as such front desk staff should look and act at a high standard. This is suppose to be a fairly new hotel and it is clear that the property is running down at a fast rate. I advise those in authority at hotel to get you all together and maintain property and don't allow it to run down.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
San Juan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Well I guess if you believed everything you read you will lose out on good things. My husband ,my daughter and i decided to stay at the Carlton Savannah for a weekend.We arrived at the front desk and was greeted by the infamous Jesus was very sweet and bubbly, and Reshead who was very pleasant and kind as well .They made us feel very welcomed.We were then kindly asked for our i.ds which we had readily available since we were told about it beforehand we were then kindly asked by Nigel to take our bags up to our room which were very clean and comfortable.I cannot mention everyone by their first name,which i happen to know ,but i just want to thank every single staff member for being so genuinely nice to us.From housekeeping to the kitchen staff, to the bartenders, to the relish restaurant staff. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE GREAT SERVICE AND THE DELICIOUS FOOD .WE WILL BE STAYING THERE AGAIN,THANKYOU THANKYOU

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

Room was very spacious and nice,lobby is very small. I arrived really hungry after midnight,but no food service. Staff very attentive. No buffet breakfast, which you need when you have to rush, only breakfast on order.
I did not see any co usy bar, to have a beer after a long day work. No wireless wifi in the room,which today is a must.
The lobby is very odd.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
York, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

I chose this hotel on the basis of its tripadvisor rating and its website. the photographs and description of the p,ace suggested that it was a buzzing place catering for young(ish) people and business travellers. As a woman travelling in my own for business I was particularly attracted by the fact that it had a pool and two bars. as such I would be able after a day's work to relax without having to leave the hotel. But the bars nor one of the two restaurants was open during my stay on account of, what staff suggested, slow business. And indeed it is slow. There were very few guests but maybe this is not surpsrising considering the poor service offered and the technical and other problems with this place. As soon as I got into my room I noticed a musty smell. I was also unable to close a set of curtains and ere was no waste basket in the room. In addition, the carpet was full of stains which along with the musty smell suggested to me that the carpet had either been washed but not dried or there has been a leakage. I complained about these matter and got a waste basket but the musty smell remained and the toilet was not fixed. Housekeeping was generally bad. Except for making thebed the maids did not do anything else. A hairpin that was on the carpet when I came in reminded there throughout my stay. I also had to complain about the maid's failure to provide a shower math and shower gel. So far the technical problems but this place is also let down by poor service. Firstly it is hard for guests to detect who the staff are as they don't wear a recognisable uniform. Staff are not helpful when they are asked things and make little effort to make guests feel welcome. And although this place sells itself as a hotel for business travellers it only has wifi in public spaces but throughout my stay this was unreliable. I would also not have booked this place if I had known how far it is from key places. Unless you have your own transport this hotel is not in a convenient place. As there is no shop or even vending machine in the hotel, you will have to walk for more than 10 minutes before you get to a shop and this one closes at 7. I could go on and mention a host of other problems with this place, such as the lack of a directory with useful numbers and info (such as checkout time!!!) in the room, the failure to provide waste bins in the pool area but I think you will get the general gist that this place does not live up to its promises. I would not be surprised that it will close down within the next 6 months

Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Trinidad
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

My wife and I spent Independence weekend at the Carlton Savannah and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. My only concern is their their policy of placing a "hold" on your credit card in the amount of $50.00 USD per day per guest. I was rather shocked by this however I didn't let it spoil our weekend. The staff were friendly and courteous, the food was pretty good and the bar tender, Arnold, made amazing drinks. Over all we had a great weekend and I'd probably take another weekend runaway there in the not too distant future.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Carlton Savannah? Share your experiences!