“Birthday Delight” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 51 hotels in Trinidad
San Fernando, Trinidad
“Birthday Delight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I have been to Cara Suites to have an occasional breakfast/dinner but this is the first time staying at this hotel. It was my birthday and I wanted a relaxing one. Well that I got! From the cleanliness and well manicured surroundings to the reception clerk, service at the bar, pleasant and courteous staff in the restaurant. The room was a delight, great ocean view, very clean bath, comfortable bed and to top it off a personalized welcoming letter from the manager. I noticed the variety of guest:- business/family/ couples. I was so impressed that I invited friends and relatives to dine and overnight with us. Thanks to everyone who made my birthday stay exactly what i wanted.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

81 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Tobago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

My family stayed at the hotel this past Mother's Day weekend. I had a baby the previous week, and was experiencing some body discomfort during my stay. While I was having breakfast, two of the Restaurant staff in particular (Namely Kemba and Nicole) noticed my pain and asked if I was ok. I indicated I would be fine. However, the pain increased so much that I could not eat. They advised what local remedies I could take, and organized for hot Ginger Tea to be delivered to my room that would assist in the reduction of the pain.

I applaud these girls and do suggest they me made Employees of the Month, since they went beyond the call of duty and showed true care and concern for a guest.

Would definitely stay there again, even if the purpose of my visit is not based in the Southland.

Best regards,

Kelisha Mills

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
trini
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

I took my mother to a special Mother's day lunch held at Cara Suites yesterday. We both had a fantastic meal, wide variety of choice and very tasty menu. The restaurant was fully booked and the staff was amazing, as all food stations were replenished in a timely manner.
I chose Cara Suites for lunch after looking at the offerings of many of the restaurants in Port of Spain and Chaguanas Price Plaza areas. The value for money ratio in the Cara offering was second to none. I will surely be keeping an eye on future events on their Facebook page so as not miss out on a wonderful experience.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dundee, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

I stayed here a just over a week and found the staff to be very helpful and welcoming, unlike some other establishments.
The ladies in the restaurant always met me with a smile and we only to happy to make recommendations from the menu. Likewise the house keeping ladies were also very attentive and thorough at their job, always smiling and encouraging me to try the local foods, drinks and advising of nice places to visit around Trinidad.
Although it doesn't have a gym it does have an outdoor pool with plenty of outdoor seating round about, which is also only a stones throw away from the Bar. Drinks and food can be a little pricey, and you may have to wait a while for food when ordering from the Bar menu, however the staff ensure that the time passes quickly. It does tend to be frequented more by business travellers but I would let that put me off if I were looking for a nice weekend getaway.
I would recommend asking for a room with a balcony facing towards the sea as that way you can enjoy the afternoon and evening sun in the privacy of your room.
I will definitely use Cara Suites Hotel again in the near future and would recommend it to all travellers looking for somewhere to relax in the Trinidad area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony overlooking the sea for some privacy where you can fully enjoy the aft...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Maraval, Trinidad
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

I stayed at the hotel for a training course hosted by my employers in March. I had no real expectations before I arrived and was pleasantly surprised at the service from the time I checked in until I left.

The staff were very helpful and courteous. The food was good not great but not disappointing either. Would recommend it to anyone who needs a place to stay in the Southern part of Trinidad.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Trinidad
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

Cara Suites has been my magical place for over 10 years. I can go to Cara Suites in the worst of moods and leave feeling happy and relaxed. A lot of positive energy there. I feel more myself there than anywhere else I have ever been. Great for triple R - Rest, Relaxation and Reflection :). Rooms are always very clean and tidy, beautiful greenery, amazing sunset views over the ocean, cool breezes, ocean view bar, delicious meals, friendly staff and the list goes on... I highly recommend this Hotel, I have been to the rest but over and over again, Cara remains MY best.

Room Tip: Request the rooms with balcony to totally enjoy the ocean view and sunset views
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

This hotel isn't based in the nicest of places, however, the bar is nice and tranquil, the rooms in the hotel are nicely decorated, clean and very spacious and the restaurant is everything you need from a basic hotel. I can't say enough nice words about the staff, they were always very helpful and up for a chat.

I stayed in the executive wing for a business trip. The rooms itself was great but the internet was a bit of a let down. On the cable, it was lightning speed, I was even able to connect remotely to my PC in the UK with hardly any delay. The wireless is poor. Unless you are in a room right near the router ,you have no chance. Wireless throughout the public areas is fantastic.

The aircon in my room was a bit too noisy for me to sleep but there is a fan in the room and that was cool enough for me.

The only other slight niggle I have is that the food and drinks are a little pricey. I suppose you'd expect that though with it being mainly business men and women staying.

I would definitely say give the hotel a go,it's a great little place.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Been to Cara Suites - Pointe a Pierre? Share your experiences!