Bydejetty Vacation property- oceanfront

Saved Save
You added Bydejetty Vacation property- oceanfront to your Saves list.
View of the back

Malika S
Georgetown, Demerara-Mahaica, Guyana
“Great Place to Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013 for a stay in September 2012

We had an excellent time during our stay. The owners were very informative, courteous and helpful. It had all the amenities of home and the jetty was perfect for relaxing after a long day of shopping, sightseeing etc. Its close to town and has easy access to public transportation. We started telling everyone how great the place was even while we were there. To sum up, By the Jetty is a great place to stay!

5 of 5 stars Bedding & mattresses 5 of 5 stars Kitchen & utensils
5 of 5 stars Bathroom cleanliness 5 of 5 stars Other facilities & amenities
5 of 5 stars Service
Liked best: The Jetty and the owners :)
Liked least: Loved every moment
Traveling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Older travelers
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Feb 27, 2013
Glad you enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you back soon.
A FlipKey verified reviewer
Martinique
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013 for a stay in January 2013
person found this review helpful
4 of 5 stars Value 4 of 5 stars Rooms
5 of 5 stars Location 5 of 5 stars Cleanliness
5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk 5 of 5 stars Service
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway
Feb 12, 2013
Thank you for your review. We look forward to your return....
Anna B
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Better Than Expected - One Space with Everything and more!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012 for a stay in May 2012
people found this review helpful

I prefer self-catering accommodation over hotel stays, mainly for the convenience of food preparation, privacy and personal space. My main additional requirements at this accommodation were secure parking, Wi-Fi access, laundry facilities, hot and cold water, and room for two with the possibility of one additional person joining us later on in the trip. There was everything, and then some...cable T.V., and D.V.D player...even movies, a fully equipped kitchen with cutlery, dishes and cookware, a fully stocked linen closet and well furnished, air-condition bedrooms with comfortable beds. Everything in the house was clean and worked as it should. It was not the most contemporary, but did the job. The property was spacious. There was parking for at least three vehicles comfortably, and there was generous amounts of space to entertain guests inside as well as outside. The shower and two toilets worked well but no bath, which was fine for us. One of the toilets was even conveniently located outside for entertaining guests in the back yard, and the jetty. I liked that the house was smoke free as we are non-smokers so everything smelt fresh and clean, however smoking was still allowed only on the jetty for anyone wishing to do so.
The property is located just off the main road, so access was quick, simple and easy to find, yet quiet and private as the actual house is down a side street. There is also security patrol, which in addition to the actual security fittings on site, gives the extra peace of mind for staying at a secure location. The photos on this website is just the beginning of what can be expected. When choosing a property, I was leaning towards this one as I knew the location was less than 10 minutes walk to a reputable supermarket, bank and mall, so I knew it would be convenient. I also liked that it was a sea-front property, as my mom loves the beach, and the cool breeze. However, I was a bit nervous as this property had no reviews. Now that I have stayed there for 9 nights though, I have NO regrets whatsoever in taking the risk. The property managers Bernadette and Peter were extremely accommodating, personable and engaging. I received a text message daily asking if there was anything they could do to assist to make my stay at the house, and in general, more comfortable, but honestly, there was nothing more I could want - the property had more than I expected. It was completely furnished with all amenities, even the neighbours were very quiet. In fact during my stay, two of my visitors requested the contact details for the property managers as they were so impressed with the accommodation, and they wanted to refer it.
If I do return, I would definitely like to stay here again. If I am able to return with another couple, while there is more than enough living space, I would prefer an additional full bathroom, for two more adults. However, on this visit, the one bathroom sufficed, and I hope it's available for my next stay.

5 of 5 stars Bedding & mattresses 5 of 5 stars Kitchen & utensils
5 of 5 stars Bathroom cleanliness 5 of 5 stars Other facilities & amenities
5 of 5 stars Service
Liked best: Location, Space and everything worked.
Liked least: Only one bathroom and property design a bit old fashioned but it would not deter me from returning.
Traveling group: With Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
May 11, 2012
Look forward to your next visit.
Check in
Check out
Guests
from
$150
Night
Week
Month
Additional fees may be applied by owner
Book this property
Or, send the owner a message
Send Message
Response Time: More than a week
Calendar Updated: 1 day ago
$10,000 Peace of Mind Guarantee
Learn more
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Listing is Free!
Protect your privacy
Get more exposure
Set up your free listing
;