My husband and I came here for the first time in a LONG time to turtle watch with friends. We stayed in the new large, very clean (I am particularly fastidious and always check the linen) and comfortable rooms, lovely wooden furniture and a lovely terrace overlooking the beach. The older rooms that are now closed were a little too rustic for me back in the 90s. Lidia who manages for the owner Piero is extremely accommodating and cheerful, the food is excellent and in fact Piero has brought in a master cheese maker from Italy and has started making estate cheese that is absolutely delicious.
Sadly because of rainfall the river extended in front of the hotel and it must have confused the turtles somewhat but it has happened before and will recover. No complaints, lovely stay, lovely people.
I firmly believe that if there is anything to complain about, take it to the owner, but then again there is always SOMEONE who will complain for the sake of it. It IS rustic so if you don't like that sort of thing, then don't stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mt Plaisir Estate is the only true Beach Hotel in Trinidad. Located on Grande Riviere Bay along the Caribbean North East Coast it hosts one of the largest colonies of the endangered leatherback turtles, the biggest sea turtles that every year nest here by the thousands between March to August. Mt Plaisir is an excellent base for forest hiking into the majestic Rain Forest. There is an excellent restaurant on the resort: Ylang-Ylang that offers Caribbean and Italian dishes. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Mount Plaisir Estate Resort
- Mount Plaisir Estate Trinidad
- Mt Plaisir Estate Hotel Trinidad, Trinidad And Tobago