“A family evening at Flair” 5 of 5 stars

+1 868-628-1606
Improve this listing
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: New restaurant on Ariapita Avenue , the hub of Port of Spain in Trinidad. opened in november 2011. new !
Chaguanas, Trinidad
“A family evening at Flair”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

This dining experience was exactly what we were hoping for; something different with a local touch. It is Wednesday so parking on Taylor St. was not a problem. The staff was attentive but not overbearing, everyone was very pleasant. It wasn't busy today, and we were quickly attended to. In the easy, relaxed atmosphere, nothing seemed to take too long to arrive. We are a family that shares and starting with the appetizers, it was an explosion of flavour. Familiar foods prepared with a creative twist. The beet and goat cheese salad was exceptional. The steaks were well prepared and the seafood was nicely done. Portions were good. Desert was amazing...the bread pudding with custard sauce and the coconut cream cup. Good value for money. Good job Jamal, Sean and Kennedy. I would absolutely recommend and revisit. Everyone found their meal to be delicious. Overall, an enjoyable experience.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Chaguanas, Trinidad
“staff needs to be more attentive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I visited flair for my anniversary of last year. What i ordered was great. The menu needs some more "sproosing up" with a wider variety though. We had to wait for quite some time before we could place our order and even longer for the food and our waitress was busy servicing 3 other tables and forgot all about us. Nevertheless I would surely visit again.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Good Food, Great Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Went to Flair with customers tonight and have to say that overall it was very enjoyable meal and the food was well prepared, original and above all well cooked and presented. I had the cChicken Liver Parfait to start which was very tasty but the Pork Chop main was an abslute delight. Most on the table had the Chimichurri Steak which also looked good. Although I did not pay the prices did seem a little high, but cettainly value for money overall. If I came back to the island I would definately go again

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Port of Spain, Trinidad
“jury is still out”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Tables are pleasantly set and the ambiance is quite good, service unfortuantely leaves alot to be desired, they are courteous and friendly but unfortunately they need to ensure that they are attentive, it takes quite a while for items ordered to appear especially beverages. The menu is good and in the 2 times i have visited the restaurant the quality varies, i am presuming different chefs as it is not consistent. With that said the jury is still out and i will go back for one final time to see if it improves.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Slow service - over-salted food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Went here for my 51st birthday. Had a pleasant table on the balcony. We ordered a mojito and a stag beer. After 30 minutes - despite a couple of prompts to our server - neither had arrived so I went to the outdoor bar and ordered the same. Obviously all 4 drinks now turned up simultaneously!

Starters - my partner's crab and callaloo soup was excellent - my mussels with chorizo came in an incredibly rich but salty tomato sauce.

Main courses - my swordfish steak was perfect but the accompanying veg arrived 10 minutes after the fish. My partners pasta Alfredo with calamari was so over-salted as to be I edible, as was my spinach and also the creamed potatoes.

We sent the pasta back with a request for a less salty portion. This arrived within 2 minutes, but while less salty was still inedible.

Thank you for the free ice-cream for my birthday but I cannot in all honesty recommend your restaurant based on this experience

• 2 of 5 stars Food