“Most Awsome Place Ever!” 5 of 5 stars

You added Bogles Round House to your Saves list
Bogles Round House
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   Bogles, Grenada   |
Ketchikan, Alaska
“Most Awsome Place Ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Me and my friend, stayed here Nov 17th thru 23rd! this is the best place we have ever stayed! if you want luxury this is not for you! if you want privacy and want to kick back and have a beach to yourself 99% of the time, with an awesome chef! this is the place. Roxanne didn't let us want for nothing! we ask about a hammock, by the time we got back from town there was one hanging on our porch, we ask about a couple of excursions, was taking care of by days end. Ice? no problem, she chopping us ice anytime we needed it. The continental breakfast that's included, is yummy! homemade bread for the toast, fresh juice and fruit, cereal and coffee..what more could you ask for to start your day? If I ever get to return to Carriacou, I will be staying here again!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

53 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Pasadena, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Bogles Roundhouse deserves my highest praise! We stayed 2 nights and were very pleased with the accommodations and the staff at this B&B. The cottage was cozy, freshly stocked and always cleaned when we would return. Roxanne was an incredible host and an amazing Chef! I live in Pasadena, California and we have more 5 stars restaurants in a 1 mile radius than all of the Caribbean Islands....I was shocked when I had dinner here. Without a doubt she prepared the most delectable pork tenderloin I have ever had and I am a connoisseur. During our stay she also helped charter a boat ride to Sandy island for us to go Snorkeling. This is a must while in Carriacou and the boat leaves right from the beach in front of the B&B. We have recommend this B&B to all of our friends in Grenada and we hope you will be staying here as well!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Mango cottage which is closest to the water, try it out!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

Only reviewing the Food at The Roundhouse, which is amazing and well worth it.

Had Butternut Squash Ravioli with Blue Cheese Sauce and Lobster Tempura, and to wallow in the local catch, a stunning Grilled Lobster with Sweet Chilli sauce. Kicked it over the top with Molten cake with Grenadian Chocolate.

Over 3 months on Carriacou I ate there Five Times.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Wendover, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

A nice little cottage in a very quiet area. Good for chilling out. It's not on the best beach and you will get eaten alive by the noseeums (sand flies), but Roxanne is a charming host and the food is fantastic (I will review the restaurant separately).

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

We arrived at the Round House in Bogles Carriacou late evening and were greeted by Carmesha and a friendly greeting it was.
From then on things only got better, our cottage was clean there were enough towels and the staff Stephanie, Carmesha & Elisha could not do enough to make our stay over-pleasant. (I think these three ladies actually angels in disguise)

They were very attentive, asking daily if we needed room service, linen, towels or the cottage cleaned. Our laundry was washed and came back dried and folded for a small charge.
My daughter and I shared a bed that had all round mosquito netting and a ceiling fan directly above us, my son had a single bed also with mosquito net and a stand free fan.
I didn’t really get bitten much but I am very heavy on the citronella (spay, candles, incense sticks)
Each morning we had breakfast that consisted of fresh local fruit, freshly made juice, choice of two/three cereals, toast with nutmeg or guava jam, tea/coffee. We did bring our own cereal only because I have fussy kids but it really is not necessary.
The beach is a stone throw from the cottage and you can use the kayaks whenever you want to. It’s advisable to wear footwear that you keep on your feet in the water as this is a stony beach, the water is heavenly and once in you won’t want to get out.

Staying at the roundhouse was like being with extended family, Roxanne her husband, sister and brother in law as well as her parents were all welcoming and friendly not forgetting Tom & Albert two pet dogs who welcomed us home every evening.

I had other family on the island from the UK and the USA who were also made to feel at home when they came and spent time at the cottage.

Free Wi-Fi a godsend my whole family took advantage of this perk.
It’s hard to find fault with the roundhouse, my one complaint would be dog poo outside the cottage which I have a strong aversion to because it attracts flies, a couple of times it was cleared up fairly quickly. (Sorry Tom & Albert, I know you have to go somewhere just not under our cottage window)

I would also recommend some sun loungers on the main lawn.
I would most defiantly stay here again and would also recommend the ROUND HOUSE at BOGLES.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2011

My wife and I spent an amazing two weeks at Bogles Roundhouse in late March-early April 2011. It was all we had hoped for, and more. The cottages are simple but quite adequate. We were in the Mango which is closest to the water and has a full view of the small, well kept lawn and most important of the ocean which is just a 30 second walk down a flight of concrete stairs. At the bottom of the stairs is a very nice beach which we usually had to ourselves. The water was a bit rough during our stay but the crashing waves put us to sleep at night and were fun to play in during the day. Each evening we were treated to yet another breathtaking sunset which we watched from the cottage porch. Cottages contain everything you need and include a nice little kitchen, fully stocked with cooking utensiles. On the nights when the restaurnat was closed, we cooked here and ate on the porch under the stars.

Life is very simple at the Roundhouse and definately not for those looking for a nightlife other than what is provided by fire flies and a sky full of stars accompanied by the cheeps of ghecos. We had rented a jeep for our stay but seldom used it other than to go to town for provisions and yet another bottle of rum. Why leave when what you have is already perfect. Our days fell into a natural rhythum of walking the beach, floating in the water, snoozing and of course eating.

Speaking of eating, the best part of Bogles Roundhouse is the food at the Roundhouse. Roxanne (owner) is an amazing award winning chef and each meal was better than the last. She and her staff take huge pride in what they do. On one memorable night, we had freshly caught seared yellow fin tuna served over scalloped potatoes with all the trimmings. It was easily the best meal I have ever eaten and it will never be forgotten. The Roundhouse itself is an amazing structure that oozes ambiance and deserves a visit just to experience it.

We especially enjoyed the company of the 2 huge black labs that belong to the property. Tom and Albert spent many happy hours with us on the beach or just lounging on the cool tile floors of the cottage and deck during the heat of the day.

Everyone was so nice and so helpful. Accomodation was perfect for our needs. The food was to die for and there wasn't a casino or golf course to be found on the island. For our tastes it was as close to heaven as you can get and we can't wait to go back again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2011

I stayed at the round house for 8 nights. Great food, the cottages are simple but very clean and comfortable. Roxanne was really helpful and the staff took great care of us.
Carriacou is a lovely island, definitely laid back and will be back for sure.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Bogles Round House? Share your experiences!