“Lovely location, but hotel very unsafe at night time” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Sunset Beach Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Carriacou Island
Sunset Beach Hotel
You added Sunset Beach Hotel to your Saves list
2.0 of 5 Inn   |   Paradise Beach, L'Esterre, Grenada (Formerly Paradise Inn)   |
Devon
“Lovely location, but hotel very unsafe at night time”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2008

I’ve been to Carriacou on many occasions so after returning to the island after several years absence I was expecting the same warmth and charm from this wonderful part of the world.

We stayed on paradise beach at the Paradise Inn hotel. The hotel comprises of six cottages which consist of a bedroom and on suit bathroom but no hot water, there’s no air-conditioning or fridge to store any foods or drinks. All the rooms are entered via glass patio doors that can be locked.

The location is fantastic with Carriacou’s best beach near a hand. The hotel staff were friendly, our only complaint was at night time when the staff abandoned the hotel and left it completely unattended. There were no gates or security to stop people from walking through the hotel complex which was the case constantly during the day, and on the night before we left we were rudely awoken by someone trying to force open our patio door, then again much later at 2am in the morning. Thankfully my shouts seemed to frighten them away but the experience was extremely unpleasant. I wouldn’t recommend this hotel for this reason.

• Liked — Excellent location for quick access to Paradise beach.
  • Disliked — No security at night time, no phone in room for emergencies.
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2008

I had read good reviews of the Paradise Inn and above all the location that made me want to stay there.

We stayed there for three nights and were happy with our choice. Apart from anything else, it was difficult to find anywhere else that would take us for less than a week in peak season.

The Paradise Inn in Feb 2008 is a bit run down, which is a shame as it wouldn't take too much to bring it up to a good standard. The rooms are spacious, clean enough and the beds comfy - it just lacks a little TLC like mending the broken towel rails and re-painting the walls. We wondered how long it would last if someone doesn't really take it on to do it up.

It is very well-located, right on the beach of the same name and within walking distance of Tyrell bay.

For eating choices I would go elsewhere - there are other places to eat a short walk away. Food at the Paradise was unexciting and always took ages to appear (eg a 1 hr wait for egg, toast and a few strips of bacon).

If you are prepared for water warmed by the sun rather than electricity and adequate but not very glamourous accommodation, the Paradise Inn is not a bad choice for the money (though don't forget to add 18% combined govt and service tax to the price quoted!) .

• Liked — its location
  • Disliked — the catering
  • Stayed February 2008
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2005

we had a wonderful time at paradise inn, joe was so friendly he made sure we felt like home it wa one of my best stay at carraicou that it was so had to leave

• Stayed July 2004
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2004

A magical place on the most beautiful beach you can imagine. The hotel has managed to keep the local environment blend in with the tourists. This is the place to go if you like to get 'into' the local athmosphere without feeling like a tourist. I will go back over and over. I can recommend this hotel to almost everyone, except those that expect hot showers, airconditioning and gourmet food. The food in the restaurant is excellent and plentyful, anyone can find something they'll fancy. Lots of vegetarian dishes as well.
Go to Paradise and find the perfect relaxation, go to Paradise Inn.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2004

Carriacou is a fantastic place for relaxation. The Paradise Inn was my favorite bar and restaurant, I had a look at the rooms which I liked a lot. Perfect location, friendly staff and excelent value for money.

Javea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2003

I visited the website of the Paradise Inn , and found a lot of info regarding Carriacou that was new to me. Well worth a visit. Have a look at it. The hotel itself was nice, informal and on a beautiful location. It was great to wake up in the morning , walk 15 meters and have my morning swim on beautiful paradise beach. The owners are very helpful and friendly. in my opinion that's one of the big charms of the smaller hotels; people really try all that's within their limits to make your stay as good as possible. I'll be back there.

Been to Sunset Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!