“Union Island Then & Now” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The BridgeHouse

The BridgeHouse
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kingstown
The BridgeHouse
James Street, Kingstown VC0010, St. Vincent   |
Ranked #6 of 10 Kingstown B&B and Inns
Woodford Green, null, United Kingdom
“Union Island Then & Now”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Spend a night at Bridgehouse. It is quite a convenient location that is central to most points of interest. friendly staff etc. Delicious Caribbean food is at your fingertips just one level below at the restaurant. Local juices is a must, and tourist must take advantage of the different varieties of these fruits juices.
Cleanliness should be paramount I thought, for if a room was vacated it should be thoroughly cleaned. One should not have to endure the scent of cigarettes that inundates the entire room. After a complain, the friendly staff did handle the situation as best as they can under the condition. Unfortunately the room was still perfumed with the scent of cigarettes, even the pillows that I was supposed to use. I expect better next time I visit St. Vincent.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

8 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Portland OR
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

Stayed here for a week. It is right around the corner from the Cobblestone Inn in the heart of downtown. Paid 66.00 a night U.S. dollar
You can't leave your room or come back to it with out being "watched". It just seemed a bit weird to me & have never had that issue any where I have stayed.
Staff was friendly at least...just kind of "hovering"
I was in #3 next to the manager.Seems like a lot of the staff live here.
Room was average with a small fridge & work area.Wifi worked pretty well.TV has 99 channels which includes 3-4 movie channels.Bathroom is actually part of the room....Kind of built in to the corner.It was small but functional.They are good on clean sheets but I never got towels exchanged even when left on floor. You could ask for about anything & they would be happy to help you. (Just open your door & someone will be there! lol)
Restaurant food is home cooking.I'm not sure if they even have a menu.I ate there once & they said "chicken?" I said sure...
It is possible to get locked out at night.The code to open the door works but not if someone locks the bottom lock.Then you'll have to yell & beat on door until someone gets up.
There is an outdoor sitting area downstairs which is located on a creek.More of a street water run-off canal.Lets just say you wouldn't want to eat the fish.
I seen a rat in it running along the edge then the next day I seen two more.One by the front door & another in the outdoor sitting area.
I didn't see any indoors nor any bugs but I'm not a big fan of rats.
I just got to St Thomas VI & it is WAY WAY better then St Vincent & a whole lot cleaner.If your undecided on where you are going I wouldn't put SVG at the top of your list.

Room Tip: Upper level away from reception
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2011

We truly enjoyed my stay at the Bridgehouse hotel. It is very convenient to the airport and the Capital city of Kingstown. The staff was very friendly and corteous. I will definitely consider this hotel next time I am in St Vincent.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2011

I stayed at the Bridgehouse with my firends and travelling to the Caribbean for the first time from the UK. The staff were very friendly and helpful and took the time to give us tips on what to see and do in the Island. It has a great location as its in the heart of the town so we coudl easily walk around the town and get a feel of how locals live as well as close to the beach (it meant we didn’t need a car so saved money!).
The room was air conditioned, clean and the bathroom was amazing! They also had wireless so I could upload pictures from our Trip on facebook!!:)
I absolutely loved the food there, the staff, rooms and especially the location. I will defintly go back to the breidgehouse and recommend it to anyone travelling to SVG.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2011

Stayed here for 3 nights during transfers to other Grenadine Islands. A small homely hotel, with friendly staff and very clean interiors. Close to leisure activites in the city centre. Furthermore the staff was very knowing of transfers etc. for tourists and helped us plan our touring of the islands. Also very close to Grenadine Wharf where ferries leave for Union Islands.

Overall a very good stay.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2011

I honestly thought the owners were strecthing the truth when they advertised that the hotel was in the heartbeat of St.Vincent. I mean- how could one place be within walking distance of commercial offices,entertainment,restaurants,public transportation and STILL be able to offer rest & tranquility??

Upon arrival, I was greeted by a very helpful receptionist. My room was clean,air-conditioned,the wireless internet was high speed and the cable television was on-point. My room also had a mini- bar and a work station.

I had lunch at their restaurant dowstairs (talk about awesome food) think its called "The June" and I had a couple locally made sodas at the bar.

I know for certain where i'll be staying in St.Vincent when I return in July for Vincy Mas.

The Bridge House Hotel is just IRIE (a Caribbean slang I learnt meaning 'cool and wonderful')

2 THUMBS UP FOR THE BRIDGE HOUSE (Y) (Y)

P.S. I managed to nibble on some finger food one night while waiting for my friend Tatiyana. Ask the bartender for VILLAMAR'S SAMOSAS (they're perfect I tell you).

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2011

Even though I didn't stay there for long, i must say i enjoyed my stay! Bridge house hotel staff are so friendly and the quality of the services are the best. I would recommend anyone and even my friends to stay at the Bridge house hotel, when they are going to S.V.G!! and I am going back in the carnival season and I would be staying at the bridge house........2 thumbs up!!!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business

Been to The BridgeHouse? Share your experiences!