“Friendly staff and a great view” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Rosewood Apartment Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kingstown
Rosewood Apartment Hotel
You added Rosewood Apartment Hotel to your Saves list
Rose Cottage, Villa | P.O.Box 687, Kingstown VC0100, St. Vincent   |
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Kingstown
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Friendly staff and a great view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

We stayed here for one weeks diving with Dive St. Vincent. After a re-routed flight and lost bag (courtesy of LIAT) we finally arrived at the Rosewood late at night. The night guard was on hand to let us in with no problems. The room (no. 4) was large enough for us to spread out all of our gear, the main reason for staying here. The room, along with its fixtures and fittings appeared a little dated. However, most everything worked well and was clean. The a/c was new and highly effective. My only gripe was that the shower was low on water pressure in the afternoon, not sure why.

The view from the balcony was superb. Not only was this a great place for a coffee or a beer but was also handy for drying out our scuba gear before re-packing. Breakfast was included in our package and we ate at the breakfast area, which also had a sublime view. The breakfasts were ample enough to set you up for a big day and were cooked well and tasty. The omelettes were a big hit. You can also arrange for lunches to be put in your room while you are away (sandwiches) for an extra fee.

The location of the hotel is close enough to most of the main sites in Villa but is on a steep hill so access may be an issue for some. If you are looking for an affordable crash pad with a great view I would recommend staying here. The staff are some of the most friendly and helpful people I have met and make staying here a pleasure.

Room Tip: Top floor corner (no. 4) has the best views IMHO.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Barbados
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

I went for a weekend getaway and was pleasantly surprised! Recommended by 2 friends!
Staff was excellent, breakfast was delicious and could be served on patio of your room great local hot chocolate served. My room. overlooked Mustique Island beatiful view both day and night!
Room had fridge, microwave, cutlery good mini-kitchen. TV was good. Bathroom pleasant hot water any hour! Very clean room, helpful staff
Walking distance from beach, very pleasant neighbourhood
Would stay here again as St. Vincent is one of my favourite islands:)

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Brussels, Belgium
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

The view over Young Island was indeed beautiful. The reception desk lady was very nice and supportive, and helped us with all our requests. But unlike previous reviewers, I didn't like the apartment. Although the place was reasonably clean, I found it rather depressing and we tried to be away as much as possible (fortunately we only spent two nights there). Except for the door (which you had to keep shut to avoid the multiplication of mosquitoes), there was no other natural light inside and the neon bulbs made the basic apartment (and its rather obsolete appliances) look a bit gloomy. There was a stale smell inside and the kitchenette didn't make one eager to use it. The Beachcombers Hotel nearby seemed to provide much better accommodation (this is only based on having had diner and breakfast at their restaurant) and their cheapest rooms had the same price as Rosewood's. As general advice to first-time visitors of the Grenadines, bring your own mosquito nets if you are easily bitten by these insects. Air conditioning, repellents or other devices might not prove effective enough.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Whitby, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2010

I once again spent time at Rosewood Apartments. I spent two of my seven night Vincy Mas holiday here, and was glad I did. It was extremly last minute, which is why I stayed just my last two nights. The value for your dollar can not be topped. This time, I had a standard room with no Kitchenette, and it more then suited my needs. There was a small fridge, a microwave, and a kettle. It was a very nice touch, being able to have a tea in the morning, while enjoying the stunning view of Young's Island. As before the staff went out of their way to ensure I was enjoying my time with them, and to ensure I was not in need of anything.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
Port of Spain, Trinidad
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2010

My wife and I spent 3 nights and 4 days at Rosewood Apartment Hotel.The room was clean and confortable.The various staff and the owner was very pleasant and could not do enough to make our stay a confortable one.The view from the room is spectacular and the beach is a cool walk away. There are other places close by for eating and enjoyment. We enjoyed our stay and would definately be returning

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2008

Stayed for a week, the view is lovely. Good location for touring the island, and a very nice beech just minutes away. The room was clean and the staff attentive. Had breakfast most mornings, delicious and definitely value for money. As we were there out of peak season, restaurants were few and with limited menus, however there is a well equipped supermarket just minutes away by car. I highly recommend renting a car unless you like walking up and down steep mountains. Hats off to all the staff.

Stayed November 2008
Whitby, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2007

I recently spent one week at the Rosewood Apartments (December 2007) and I absolutely loved it!!

The location was great, the beach was directly across the street, apporixmately a 3 minute walk, and the airport is close by.

There is a bus stop at the end of the drive, that can take you to the grocery store, or into Kingstown for shopping.

The room comes fully stocked with pots, dishes, toaster, kettle and cutlery. However, I do not recall seeing a can opener.

The property was extremely clean and the employees were very freindly and helpful.

I have added pics below, however the date on the picstures is incorrect, these were taken 12/07.

I would definately stay there again!

• Liked — The value, and the location
  • Disliked — The hill!!
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Rosewood Apartment Hotel? Share your experiences!