“Pleasant and enjoyable” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Heron Hotel

The Heron Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kingstown
The Heron Hotel
South River Road, Kingstown VC0010, St. Vincent   |
Ranked #5 of 8 hotels in Kingstown
Basseterre, Saint George Basseterre, Saint Kitts and Nevis
“Pleasant and enjoyable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

My visit to St Vincent in March, 2013 was pleasant and very enjoyable too. I stayed at the Heritage Hotel, ideally located in the heart of the City. The hotel provides really clean, comfortable accommodation. The night time street activities were more of an attraction than a distraction. The Owner/Manager Wade was extremely courteous, helpful and resourceful. Many thanks to Wade, I enjoyed intelligent conversation and much of the Vincy culture. .

Room Tip: Pack a light and a sense of humor. . .
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

6 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

This was my 35th trip to Saint Vincent in last 10 years and I would say 30th stay in this hotel. The missed stay were during the hotel renovation and no room availability. I have lately developed the association with trip advisor and decide on my international stay by reviews of members. In my view this hotel has always provided me a family feeling and I cant ignore the special effort by the manager and staff in making my stay the most comfortable. It is clean, equipped with flat screen TV, free ultra-fast wifi which is must for me as I do lot of work from room,free locker and best of all the ease of access to all my point of interest. I save a lot on transportation, food as it is conveniently located plus they offer it as well and proximity to Ferris Dock and to all Govt and private entities I deal with. Friday evening is a party time after long week you can unwind next door. Security is good with codes and after the party it is most quiet place in otherwise busy town. I would recommend any budget conscious and business traveller this hotel which is a great value for money and comfort. Mr. Wade is a great host and knowledgeable and entertain his guest with lively discussion and good local advice. I look forward to my next stay. Word of Caution if you are not a party person and hate loud music than keep yourself out of room on Friday until midnight or as I would do work hard and rock self till you ready to ..

Room Tip: Ask for inside rooms if you don't like too much sound on Fridays which I did myself
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

My vacation was perfect and it was due primarily to the staff and manager of the Heron hotel. I was vacation for carnival in St. Vincent and knew nothing about the place. The manager of Heron hotel Wade gave me all the highlights and where to go during and after carnival. The hotel is located right in the middle of town where you would want to be for carnival and also a step away from the ferry to go down to the other islands. The staff here was really nice and the hotel was always clean even in the middle of Carnival. I am actually on the sight right now booking my room for this year carnival. This time it going to be me and my girlfriends.

• Stayed July 2012
Curacao
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2010

When recently planning a trip to Bequia in the Grenadines to see family I knew I would need to stay in Kingstown, St.Vincent. My flight would be arriving late in the evening and I would miss the ferry to Bequia. I have taken this trip a number of times previously as have other family members. While there may be other choices of accomodation, my/our choice is always The Heron. The location is just a short walk to the ferry which is of course handy. The Heron is a small clean hotel. The owners and staff have always been friendly and accomodating. Always available to offer advise and make suggestions regarding restaurants nearby, organizing taxis where needed, and can arrange additional side trips. When and if I return to St.Vincent again, this is where I'll stay.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2003

People let me warn you, they are not very dependable when it comes to booking a room from overseas. The manager /owner needs to keep a diary and write down when he confirms a booking to his guests. My experience was a nerve-wrecking one, as we were not confirmed, the place is run-down and thankfully it worked out for the best that we ended up staying elsewhere for our trip. The only plus was it was downtown, but then the noise kept you up. I most certainly do not recommend, take my silly advice unless you are desperate. I never would have called if I knew the appearance of the place and the service of the Manager. Thank god it did not negatively affect my overall stay in St. Vincent. I rate it 0.

san fernando
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2003

The night we landed for what was supposed to be a stress free 4 day vacation, we took a bus to Heron Hotel, where I had previously confirmed my reservations with Wayde (apparently the owner) for just the night as we got in very late. The next 3 days I had booked with Coconut Beach Inn.Upon arriving there Peter the receptionist said we were not reserved and there were no rooms available at their bed and breakfast inn. Imagine my surprise and utter disgust to discover this predicament at such a late hour after getting off a plane. He further stated that the person whom I had spoken to (Wayde) and had confirmed by booking was out of reach. Needless to say we spent a good portion of the night trying to get accommodations and thank god for Jennifer at Coconut Beach Inn - who took us in as everywhere else was booked out. It also took us some half an hour to get transportation to leave this place. The rest of the vacation was paradise and after viewing Heron the following morning when we went downtown, it looked like a dump and a seedy motel joint so everything worked out for the best after all.

Been to The Heron Hotel? Share your experiences!