“Working breakfast” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Cobblestone Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kingstown
The Cobblestone Inn
Bay St., Kingstown, St. Vincent   |
Ranked #4 of 8 hotels in Kingstown
Port of Spain, Trinidad
“Working breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I traveled from Trinidad to St Vincent on the early morning LIAT flight, and The Cobblestone Inn was recommended as somewhere that I could grab some breakfast before starting my day on the ground in Kingstown. The front desk was very accommodating offering coffee or tea while we waited in the lobby for the restaurant to officially open for business. The service at the restaurant was very attentive and the food was very satisfying. There was even an open WiFi signal so I was able to get some emails done while waiting. The location in downtown Kingstown is exceptionally good, so I will be actually staying here the next time I make a longer trip, so more reviews to come!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

79 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Barbados
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Hospitality at its best! Stayed here in January celebrating another birthday, the service from management through line staff was par excellence. A great location for what I wanted which was to spend my special day on the neighboring island Bequia; but the creme de la creme was when the GM/owner made arrangements for a day trip to Young Island . Will definitely be back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Barbados
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

The staff are very friendly and helpful in many ways , the price for the rooms very much worth the price also the bathroom size shock me when is saw the size of it , There is a Restaurant on the roof deck of the hotel which is very good and has very good prices only thing i dislike about it is the wait for the food over all the food is worth the money . The hotel location is right in all the action and the heart of town as i was there on business , all in all i would say give the cobblestone inn a try .

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Muntinlupa, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I live on a neighboring island and needed to stay a night in St. Vincent before flying out the following day. I chose Cobblestone Inn because it was close to the airport (not walking distance but close enough), and right in the middle of everything I needed to do in Kingstown before I left. It is in the part of town close to the supermarkets, the banks, shops, other bars and restaurants. By day, the part of Kingstown where the inn is located is bustling with activity. By night, it get's quiet, except for the weekends (so I heard). It was a Tuesday night when I was in town and the place was quiet.

Some reviews say it's in a dangerous part of Kingstown, I would disagree. Any place that is unfamiliar would seem dangerous. But there are a number of restaurants open at night around the inn, and there are plenty of people out and about. As in any town, if you are unfamiliar with the place then avoid dark alleyways. I walked around the area in the evening and did not feel unsafe.

The hotel was a nicely renovated old stone building. If you walk around there are lots of common areas where guests can sit outside of the small rooms. It had 2 bars and restaurants (Basil's downstairs) and another one adjacent to the nice rooftop deck. The rooftop restaurant was closed when I was there and I left too early to enjoy breakfast. You could, as I did, get a drink from Basil's, then walk it up to the rooftop deck with a view of the sea.

I had the smallest "budget" room. It was adequate. It had a comfortable bed, although the linens could be better. The clean bathroom had hot and cold running water with towels and toiletries, although the towels could be thicker and the toiletries of better quality (I used my own). The TV was working and there was high speed, wireless internet. The small room had a tiny balcony (also the room's "window") that looks out into the entrance courtyard. There was a writing desk and chair, telephone and closet space. It was enough for me for one night, and if I were staying (by myself) in Kingstown longer, I wouldn't mind staying in that small room again. For 2 people though it's a bit small. For US$60/ night, it was good value for the price paid.

My only complaint about the hotel is that there are artificial plants everywhere - in the rooms and public areas. These "plants" gather dust, and I had a mild allergic reaction to the dust when I was there. Nothing major though. The hotel overall is clean except for the dusty artificial plants. I'm sure there are real plants that can be placed in the rooms and common areas to add color and life to the space.

Room Tip: The small "budget" room is good value if you are alone and not staying in town for too lon...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Birmingham, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

This small boutique hotel is centrally located in the middle of Kingstown and is good for business trips, especially as there are limited places to stay in Kingstown. I spent 2 nights at this hotel and the service was very good. The first night I had a standard room and did not like hearing people walking on the wooden floor above me. The next night I was given an upgrade to a suite on the ground floor and it was lovely and quiet. If you are planning to visit St. Vincent for business or for an overnight stay you can try this hotel but try to get a suite.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Gros Islet, St. Lucia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband and I went to Bequia for Valentine's Day weekend. We arrived too late to catch the ferry so we spent the night at the Cobblestone. We were a little frightened initially as someone was on the street screaming for the police as we approached the hotel. Once inside we were pleasantly surprised. The hotel had lots of character. We had a large room with two double beds. There was a lot of street noise though. The bathroom was decent although the door didn't completely close. There were no toiletries were supplied. We had breakfast in the hotel restaurant which was decent if not terribly exciting. The hotel is less than a five minute walk to the ferry terminal making it a great location for those heading off to other islands.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the street.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Bar Harbor, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

This renovated sugar mill was a joy to stay in; the staff was extremely accessible, friendly and helpful, the room was clean and comfortable, and the associated rooftop cafe has a wonderful view of the harbor. My husband and I stayed overnight on our way to and from Bequia, and found we could walk to and from the ferry terminal with no trouble. If you are looking for an affordable place to stay between the airport and the ferries to the rest of the Grenadines, the Cobblestone Inn is a delight!

Room Tip: Rooms off the street are a but quieter, and terrace views allow you to enjoy the lush, tropical plan...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Cobblestone Inn? Share your experiences!