“Fantastic holiday, thank you Buccament Bay” 5 of 5 stars

4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Buccament Bay, St. Vincent   |
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in St. Vincent
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Bristol, UK
“Fantastic holiday, thank you Buccament Bay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

My husband and I stayed at Buccament Bay for 8 nights in June 2014. Food excellent, accommodation (deluxe garden villa) excellent, staff sublime - everyone was so friendly and nothing was ever too much trouble. We enjoyed the spa, jacks, HQ and the Bayside beach restaurant. We didn't visit the Indian restaurant.

However, the resort was less than half full. Whilst this was great for us with no problem eating where we wanted, when we wanted and spa appointments easy to come by, I can imagine peak times being somewhat more restricted.

We did a fair amount of diving with Indigo dive. Gorgeous dives and dive instructors/dive masters who were knowledgeable, friendly and v safe.

In summary, we would definitely go back, in fact my husband wants to do his advanced padi diving course there but I would travel again off peak and would avoid times when specialist people are on resort promoting the various partnerships that Buccament have.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (288)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

I just want to start off this review by saying how amazing this place really is! How anyone has left a bad review for this place I honestly do not know?! From the moment we arrived i felt like a celebrity! The staff were exceptional and very warming!!! The villas are very spacious and plunge pools are lovely! Just the right temperature for me :) The food was the best I've ever eaten at an all inclusive and the fillet steaks were the best ever and the garlic mash was to die for! Jacks was defiantly my favourite restaurant out of the bunch, but the bay beach dinner was beautiful too! My boyfriend enjoyed HQ coffee shop and was in there a couple of times a day having his flavoured lattes, ice cream and various toppings!! Pools were stunning and so was the beach, the sea is so clear looks amazing In photos! We flew with Liat and had no problems at all, in fact we were early both flights and both got our luggage! I was shocked as I was expecting the worst reading some reviews, although it wasn't very busy so maybe that could of been why? Overall I had a exceptional holiday, one I will never ever forget! Thank you to everyone at Buccament Bay you were all amazing and I miss it so much already! Thank you x

Stayed June 2014
essex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

We stayed here June 2014 as a 21st Birthday gift for my neice and loved it. From the moment we arrived the staff were amazing and very helpful and our villa was very nice and comfortable. The food was especially good as some all inclusive resorts in the carribean can be a bit hit and miss but I have to say the standard at Buccament Bay was of a very high standard.

The pool and beach area were very clean and the staff around the pool were amazing, nothing was too much trouble. The restaurants were very good also and no restriction to how many times you can go, Saffron had the best naan bread and Jacks the best fillet mignon and the sushi was good.

HQ Coffee shop was lovely for an afternoon latte but because the cakes are made earlier in the day some of them were a bit hard by 3pm.

A special thank you to Carlisle our driver for the day exporing some of the island he was very nice and knowledgable. Alex at Indigo dive who taught Gemma to snokel she loved it thank you.

There are a couple of issues a) we did not have any hot water from the shower for the whole week it was luke warm at best but lovely and hot from the tap. b) the coffee machine in the villa was a bit weird it would be better to replace them with kettles instead but none of the issues would be a deal breaker and I would definately go back again I loved it.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

I have just returned from a week stay at Buccament Bay with my family and had a fantastic time!

The villas were spacious and very clean. The beach and overall resort is beautiful. As this is an off-peak season, there was only a small number of other guests. This was ideal for me, as it was very peaceful. However, there was very little entertainment in the evenings so it would best to visit during the peak season if you are looking for more to do.

The hotel offered a complimentary sunset cruise on the Friday, which I recommend.

The food was very good. There was a selection of restaurants in the evening, Jacks and Safran being my favourite.

The best thing about this resort is the friendly and helpful staff. Nothing was ever too much trouble. Everyone made sure that we had a brilliant time and I would like to say a big thank you to all at Buccament Bay for a wonderful week.

Room Tip: Choose the Deluxe Garden Villas if you want air conditioning throughout the villa.
Trinidad
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

I just came back today from a trip to St Vincent and stayed in this hotel. Had an absolutely amazing experience! Everyone is so friendly and helpful! Nothing is ever a burden.

Food: The food wasn't bad but on the days when the Indian restaurant wasn't open for dinner, for me I found the veggies options a bit limited. A big thank you to our server for breakfast and lunch, Brod, who made our stay extra special and made us feel so welcome and comfortable!

Room: The villa was really comfortable. The bathroom was heaven :). The plunge pool was nice and private. For those people who can't tolerate heat very well, you may want a villa with A/C throughout. The villa I stayed in just had A/C in the bedroom but it didn't bother us.

Lots of activities as well for those of you interested in sports, diving, tours, etc. Something for everyone.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone....definitely an experience to remember!

Bridgetown, Barbados
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

I had the luck to stay here whilst on business a couple of weeks ago. My first impressions were not great because I had to walk quite a distance across a deserted looking bridge just to find "reception". I learned later that this was in fact a temporary back door and was assured that in future the main front entrance would be finished! The staff were amazing from the outset. They gave me a local rate as a Caricom National which enabled me to meet my company's budget! Then they were very helpful with every question I had. The room was awesome and the beach, pool and facilities were of a very high standard. The food which was included in my room was of a very high standard and the whole resort was exceptional. The only thing that annoyed me was right at the end and it was significant. I was supposed to check out at 11 am. I called and asked for a late check out having only arrived at 5pm the evening before. I had missed an included lunch from the day before (due to business commitments) so asked if I could stay an extra two hours and have lunch. They said yes, but I had to pay US$75 for the extra two hours and pay for all additional food and beverage consumed in that two hours. I politely declined and vowed never to return. Hotels like this need to be able to use discretion under such circumstances. The staff were only following orders, but the senior management that make those rules need to think about how the consumer feels when they're enforced. Such a pity because I really would have liked to have returned!!

Room Tip: Do NOT take a room in the main building. It's a long walk to any facility including the beach. A...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Birmingham
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

First I would just like to congratulate the team on the site. They done a fantastic job and me and my wife had an amazing first year anniversary. The facilities were second to none, the food was great and the resort was to die for.

However, its with regret that all that has been tainted when you have stolen £91.97 by taking money out of our account without our permission. We are both let down by this, and cant believe this is the behaviour of a supposedly 5 star resort. We contacted them to find out what the money was taken out for as we had already settled the bill in advance and no damage was done to the villa. They informed us it was for a spa treatment that had already been paid and im still waiting for a response from them. I would have thought they would have contacted us in advance to clear the matter up in advance, but instead they took the funds out of our account without permission, which ultimately is theft. As a result ive had to pass this on to Associate of British Travel Agents

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
BuccamentBayResort, General Manager at Buccament Bay Resort, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Dear Sir,

As you are aware, the charge was explained to you by Front Office whilst you were on Resort and again by Customer Services since you returned home, so it is extremely disappointing that you would make such an unfortunate and defamatory claim.

The beach dinner you requested was not available as a complimentary add-on because your party did not qualify for it, therefore, as explained fully to you, the cost of the dinner (£91.97) was taken from your credit card.

However, we are pleased that you had a great time with us and appreciate your compliments.

Regards,

Buccament Bay Resort

Been to Buccament Bay Resort? Share your experiences!