Buccament Bay is a beach resort, offering wide range of sporting activities and catering particularly well for families. Stays are on an "All-inclusive" basis, with not only all drinks but also such delights as "free" ice cream on the beach. We stayed a week, celebrating our 50th Wedding Anniversary, and were almost the oldest guests. But this was not a problem and from the moment we were met at the airport we experienced a very high level of attention and service. Rooms (individual bungalow suites with a private terrace and plunge pool) were very comfortable - the only problem being a very haphazard degree of "housekeeping" . Sometimes towels were replaced, sometimes not; sometimes we had a sheet and a duvet cover, sometimes no sheet; tea bags and coffee sachets were seldom replenished despite many requests. The resort has a number of restaurants, but it is necessary to reserve a table early if you want a specific booking at a peak time. The food was good, with some of the best steaks I have had this side of Argentina. The house wines were also very acceptable - I particularly enjoyed the Oregon Pinot Noir. Service was a bit slow at times but not to the extent that we needed to complain. All the hotel staff were extremely polite and courteous, friendly rather than submissive. Invariably they would greet us with a warm smile whenever we met. Lounging on the beach was very relaxing, watching Frigate birds, and Brown Boobies overhead with Egrets and Herons in the grounds. Several excursions are possible, although many guests seemed to stay on site for their whole stay, making use of the many facilities included in the package. The complimentary " sunset cruise" was particularly enjoyable - lots of rum punches, good sightings of pilot whales and spotted dolphins, and a good sunset to boot. I walked around the nearby village and was greeted with smiles by all the local people. We took a taxi into Kingstown on market day and despite seeing no other tourists we never felt in any way unsafe or threatened. We do not drink much, and are too old for some of the rugger coaching(!) so probably did not get as good value from the all-inclusive tariff as did some of the other guests. Nevertheless we enjoyed our stay and would recommend the resort - especially if some of the service issues can be resolved
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award-winning* Buccament Bay Resort is a luxury, all-inclusive hotel on the beautiful island of St Vincent: the pearl crowning 32 islands and cays called the “Jewels of the Caribbean". Cradled by lush mountains and vibrant rainforest - an inviting sample of the many riches on offer from this unspoilt treasure - the resort boasts stunning features, like a white sandy beach meeting the clear, warm turquoise sea, and stylish accommodations that typify the Harlequin Hotels & Resorts standards. Perfect for families, couples, singles or dream weddings and honeymoons, it boasts a unique range of top class activities and facilities - many associated with famous brands - that leave guests spoilt for choice, whilst warm, considerate staff deliver a truly Caribbean 5 star experience in a charming, village-style setting. There are several restaurants and bars offering a range of dining options, whilst the unique variety of top class activities cater for all the family. These include: Harlequin Soccer Academy; Pat Cash Tennis Club; diving and water sports; Harlequin Performing Arts Academy; The Spa with Treatments by ESPA; Harlequin Fitness Centre; Little Harlequin Kids Club; Club 61 for teenagers; not to mention a number of excursions, including the complimentary sunset cruise. Whether you seek relaxation or stimulation, discover Buccament Bay Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Buccament Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buccament Bay Hotel St. Vincent
- Buccament Bay Resort St. Vincent, St. Vincent And The Grenadines