Beautiful resort with Golden sand (All imported!). Don't be put off by the rather depressing approach. The resort is situated in a valley between two wooded mountains and is immaculate. All accommodation is in air conditioned villas most of which have a plunge pool. If you want a plunge pool make sure you request it. There is a hotel being built on the resort but at the time of our visit (May 2013) all work had stopped on construction due to the economic climate.
Although the resort is beautiful there seems to be a cartel operating to make exploration of the island expensive. A half day coach trip is $125.00 and taxis charge a high rate per person. Car hire also seems very expensive - perhaps pre-booking might be a better bet.
The food is excellent although it could be expensive if you are not on an all inclusive basis for example a lunch for two could be $180.00 plus gratuities and a bottle of wine $135. Service is great but make sure you get what you ordered as substitutions are common. The menu seems to be aimed at the North American market and although good can be a bit repetitive.
There are two beautiful swimming pools and plenty of loungers.
Caribbean music in the dinning areas can be a little overpowering at times.
Overall a great place to relax in luxury
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award-winning* Buccament Bay Resort is a luxury, all-inclusive hotel on the beautiful island of St Vincent: the pearl crowning 32 islands and cays called the “Jewels of the Caribbean".Cradled by lush mountains and vibrant rainforest - an inviting sample of the many riches on offer from this unspoilt treasure - the resort boasts stunning features, like a white sandy beach meeting the clear, warm turquoise sea, and stylish accommodations that typify the Harlequin Hotels & Resorts standards.Perfect for families, couples, singles or dream weddings and honeymoons, it boasts a unique range of top class activities and facilities - many associated with famous brands - that leave guests spoilt for choice, whilst warm, considerate staff deliver a truly Caribbean 5 star experience in a charming, village-style setting.There are several restaurants and bars offering a range of dining options, whilst the unique variety of top class activities cater for all the family. These include: Liverpool FC Academy Soccer School; Pat Cash Tennis Club; Indigo Dive & Watersports (awarded 5 star status by PADI); Harlequin Performing Arts Academy; The Spa with Treatments by ESPA; Harlequin Fitness Centre; Little Harlequin Kids Club; and Club 61 for teenagers; not to mention a number of excursions, including the complimentary sunset cruise.Whether you seek relaxation or stimulation, discover Buccament Bay Resort.* In Autumn 2012 the resort was extremely proud to be awarded "Caribbean's Leading New Hotel" and "St Vincent & The Grenadines' Leading Spa Resort" by the Oscars of the travel industry, the World Travel Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Buccament Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buccament Bay Hotel St. Vincent
- Buccament Bay Resort St. Vincent, St. Vincent And The Grenadines