“Luxurious Beach Side Resort Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Buccament Bay Resort
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Buccament Bay, St. Vincent   |
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in St. Vincent
England
“Luxurious Beach Side Resort Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Most impressed with this upmarket hotel. It comprises over 150 villas in a village setting. each with their own plunge pool, with four restaurants to choose from; two swimming pools and a variety of sporting offers for younger visitors (inc tennis, football, cricket) It's alongside a beautiful tropical beach.
All-inclusive food and drinks were excellent in quality and variety.
Location is 20-30 minutes from Kingstown (the island capital) which can be reached (excitingly) by local minibus and adjacent to a local village.

Room Tip: More expensive villas on sea shore are also less private.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (311)
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Absolutely amazing atmosphere When my wife and I got to the resort and the welcome we got to the villa with excellent facilities were just a dream come true. Clearly the best resort we have stayed so far. The sea, sand and hospitality was truly outstanding.Picture postcard perfect.
We recommend that if someone has been around the world must not miss this place.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
New Rochelle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

My wife and I visited the beautiful Buccament Bay Resort in September 2013, it wasn't to say perfect, but it was beyond our dreams.
The staff was totally amazing. We arrived in style in an orange A/C bus driven by Mr Creese, such a gentleman he is, we were greeted by a manager with cold towels and welcome drinks before taken to our room which was beatifully decorated, thanks guys.
The next morning was our first encounter with the surroundings and the staff, heading to breakfast we were greeted by the beautiful smile of Ashantie and Brod, Brod is a real charmer. The entire breakfast team was full of life, there superiors Shane and Shanella clearly had different methods, but both unique.
Shanella was a do it herself person, we interacted a lot and she shared some culture with us, Shane was a more helper, many times he could be seen taking empty dishes from the servers other times he is the one clearing the tables, but what stands out the most is his unique personality, he tends to make his staff smile every time he passes or looks at them.
My family owns a restaurant and I would sure love to have someone like that in the restaurant.
Later on that day we found out that Shane is the Room Service Supervisor, it was funny because in all our travels I've never met a room service supervisor like that without having to make a complaint.
Lunch at the grill with chef Murphy was an entertainment during lunch, the chef knows everything and he has a million dollar laugh, its incredible.
Joyce our Room Attendant was very nice, she made the room feel like a new room everytime, it was just great. The place to be for dinner is at the Jacks Steak House, even if you're upset about the food, Rosalee and Curtis would be there to take your mind off it, you guys were great, thanks a lot.
Coffee, cakes and ice cream all day at the HQ, I think my wife loved that place too much, Metris was always ready to do her drinks, she enjoyed them Metris.
All the staff is who make that place beautiful, landscapers can be clearly seen keeping the place looking beautiful, the mini bar attendants making sure drinks are there, every single staff is who makes it what it is and a big thank you to you all and we will be seeing you again very very soon.

• Stayed September 2013
Colombo-7
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

We had a great stay in Buccament Bay for 3 nights and we hope to go there again very soon. The Resort is nicely designed a spectacular destination. The staff was very friendly and went out of their way to assist the guests. The hotel offer so many facilities that it is better to research about them before coming so you can get the maximum out of your stay. The food and restaurant service is five star in this hotel. A special remark to the guy who sings at Jacks during dinner time. It was a utter pleasure to listen to him. The rooms were also nicely decorated with all the essential facilities. The pools in the villa's were a nice touch. But out of everything the ocean surrounding the resort is the star of the show. With colorful fish swimming just few meters away from the beach the calm waters were as magical as it can get.
One small complaint was the air-conditioner in the rooms didn't cool the room as expected. It was very hot outside and the only refuge from the hot surroundings were the AC rooms which was also equally warm which subsequently reduced the comfort of the room and lessened the sleep quality. Other than that small problem everything else was near perfection.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
norwich
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I cannot even think of 1 bad thing to say about this resort, best trip I have ever had bar none. Staff were delightful, and really were the ones that made our trip that extra bit special. they really couldn't do enough for you, their attention to detail was tremendous and truly made you feel like VIP. On arrival to the resort, we were met with a delicious rum based cocktail and a refreshing cold towel.
Food is the best I have ever tasted whilst on holiday. Jacks was superb! Even the buffet restaurant was impressive, very tasty.
The villas were so spacious, I had a garden villa with a plunge pool and private beach. The beds were probably the most comfortable I have ever slept on. Mini bar was always re-stocked, and was a nice surprise to find real milk in the fridge for a cup of tea in the mornings.
I would recommend the water sports at the beach hut with Bryan and co.. lots of fun and actually very interesting, the best day we had. Also, the sunset cruise, we saw many dolphins and even a whale, a real great way to top off the holiday.
The island itself was breathtaking, so refreshing to see an island not spoilt by tourism.. hopefully this never happens
I would not hesitate to return back here, Infact I am trying to get a flight back out as soon as possible. I would recommend anybody to go here, I do not understand the negative reviews one bit.
It really was paradise!!! Never before have I been so devasted to be leaving a place, it really was so memorable.

Room Tip: worth paying extra for a plunge pool!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Trinidad and Tobago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

We had a great short stay with 9 and 12 year old children. I would like to come back again when the sports activities are in full swing . A big thanks to James the tennis coach we now have two tennis mad kids. James really went out of his way to fit lessons in despite the rain. All the staff were great including the beach team. It was nice to let our kids ride the bikes around and get ice cream from'HQ'. Even though we were off season there was still more than we could fit in in 4 days. Minor points of improvement need more 'Borris bikes' that are looked after and more lighting round some of the paths to the villas.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I stayed here for a week with my family for my 25th birthday! I must say that I was pretty impressed! Upon landing in St Vincent we were picked up from the airport by Maxwell. We were also shown to our villas by Tatianna. Both made our entire stay very pleasant. We had 2 one bedroom garden villas. The villa was very spacious and has its own mini dipping pool at the back which is a plus.
On my birthday the staff at The Bay brought out a chocolate birthday cake and sung me happy birthday. Once I got back to my room the bed was made with ‘Happy birthday Tasha’ spelt out with rose petals. Which was a nice surprise.
The staff certainly make that resort and made our stay that much more enjoyable. If you are up for some activities I recommend taking a scuba diving tasting lesson (which I did) with Alex who I like to call the expert instructor! As well as kayaking. I certainly recommend trying the Caribbean breakfast at Bamboo or the lamb at Jacks! At The Bay I recommend asking Keon to make you a fruit punch, which is very addictive! HQ is good for little cakes to eat, shakes and they also serve crepes. However in my entire 7 day stay at Buccament Bay I was unable to even try a crepe because they were never available! Whether I went to there in the morning or in the evening I was never able to get a crepe much to my disappointment. The spa is tranquil and I had a very relaxing aromatherapy massage.
We stayed at the resort in the low season and the only issue with this is that all restaurants are not always open and are only open on select days. However the plus side is, the resort isn’t overcrowded and you get the sense that each staff member is specifically catering to you. All staff members that we interacted with knew our names and even knew our breakfast order. We did take a trip to Bequia and went to the Old Hegg Turtle Sanctuary and was giving a tour by Mr King. I would definitely recommend visiting the sanctuary. As Mr King is certainly someone you would want to meet!
Overall the resort is beautiful and the staff definitely helps to make it what it is! I will definitely be back to stay here again!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Spring House Bequia
Spring House Bequia
#1 of 1 in Port Elizabeth
5.0 of 5 stars 45 reviews

Been to Buccament Bay Resort? Share your experiences!