They are a relatively new resort with building works still being completed, but not in a way that would disturb your stay. The staff will go out of their way to make sure your visit is enjoyable, and will do everything they can to cater to your needs and requests. If you are looking for a place off the beaten path with good service,good amenities and activities for the whole family, you will be happy here.
If you go here with the expectations of a 4 star resort, you won't be disappointed. I would point out, that this is not a 5 star resort in terms of finishings, f&b or exclusivity - however it is the best you will find on the main island.
-Good for family holidays as they have a well thought-out range of activities to keep everyone in the family busy, and they have a particularly good offering for children.
-They have a nice welcome service on arrival, with towels and drinks
-The breakfast at Bamboo is good, with lots of choices and delicious fresh smoothies.
-The Dive Shop is particularly good and the staff very knowledgeable and helpful
-The management are excellent and willing to listen to any issues you have and take action
-The Lifestyle coach will try and accommodate you as much as possible, going out of their way to fulfill special requests
-Excellent housekeeping (Ivy) who will keep your room lizard free if you disclose your fear of lizards...
-The Spa is beautiful and very relaxing
-The food at the Bay is average at best, and the sushi and other ethnic dishes are not up to standard.
-If you want authentic Vincentian food, you won't be able to find it here except for a few dishes on Caribbean night
-The pool area is tiny compared to the number of guests they can accommodate at full occupancy
-It is difficult to book appointments at the spa at times that will work if you have a full schedule. -The spa also closes relatively early at around 5 or 6pm.
-Difficult to get a booking into Jacks, which is one of the main restaurants
-The resort is not on the 'right' side of town, so something to consider if you want easy accessibility to town. Not a problem if you plan on mainly staying at the resort and using the tours the hotel provides. It should be said that the resort has a very good driver to navigate the questionable roads.
-Availability of the tours offered were not satisfactory, as minimum numbers for tours were either not fulfilled (meaning tours were cancelled) or overbooked (meaning you can't get a place)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award-winning* Buccament Bay Resort is a luxury, all-inclusive hotel on the beautiful island of St Vincent: the pearl crowning 32 islands and cays called the “Jewels of the Caribbean".Cradled by lush mountains and vibrant rainforest - an inviting sample of the many riches on offer from this unspoilt treasure - the resort boasts stunning features, like a white sandy beach meeting the clear, warm turquoise sea, and stylish accommodations that typify the Harlequin Hotels & Resorts standards.Perfect for families, couples, singles or dream weddings and honeymoons, it boasts a unique range of top class activities and facilities - many associated with famous brands - that leave guests spoilt for choice, whilst warm, considerate staff deliver a truly Caribbean 5 star experience in a charming, village-style setting.There are several restaurants and bars offering a range of dining options, whilst the unique variety of top class activities cater for all the family. These include: Liverpool FC Academy Soccer School; Pat Cash Tennis Club; Indigo Dive & Watersports (awarded 5 star status by PADI); Harlequin Performing Arts Academy; The Spa with Treatments by ESPA; Harlequin Fitness Centre; Little Harlequin Kids Club; and Club 61 for teenagers; not to mention a number of excursions, including the complimentary sunset cruise.Whether you seek relaxation or stimulation, discover Buccament Bay Resort.* In Autumn 2012 the resort was extremely proud to be awarded "Caribbean's Leading New Hotel" and "St Vincent & The Grenadines' Leading Spa Resort" by the Oscars of the travel industry, the World Travel Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Tingo, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Buccament Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buccament Bay Hotel St. Vincent
- Buccament Bay Resort St. Vincent, St. Vincent And The Grenadines