I have to admit I'd been slightly concerned in the weeks leading up to our holiday to Buccament Bay, because, like you are doing right now I'd been reading the reviews on trip advisor and I'd begun to focus on the apparent problems at the resort. The reality is that after having been home a week, I need not have worried, as we had a truly fantastic holiday which not only met but exceeded all our expectations. As many of the recent reviewers have mentioned, the employees at Buccament Bay really are very special – the most friendly and professional team anyone could want to meet that genuinely care about their guest’s experience. However, what really made our holiday brilliant, the icing on the cake if you like, was all the amazing families we had the pleasure of spending a fortnight with – you know who you are and thank you! As soon as we had arrived, all the guests we encountered were kind and extremely helpful – giving us those really useful tips that aren’t in the literature in the villa which helped us immediately get the best out of our holiday. In fact our stay felt like holidaying with a huge, extended family (that you get along with!)
I also will not repeat much of the content of the recent reviews but simply add the following (in no particular order):
• BB is brilliant for active/sporty adults, teens and kids but if you are a couple looking for peace and an active nightlife it's probably not for you (in August anyway). We were usually in bed by 9.30pm but up and about by 7.30am.
• Jacks restaurant was fantastic - phenomenal service, wonderful singers and never ran out of fillet during our two weeks!
• Safran deserves to be housed in a proper restaurant setting. Thank you for organising a wonderful (off menu) birthday dinner for 12 of us with only 4 hours’ notice
• As the resort expands an a la carte Italian with proper pizza oven would be a sensible addition to the dining options
• Flying with Liat is not a pleasant experience and there are other slightly more costly transfer options which are worth asking about. My advice is just be prepared for the worst, chances are your expectations will be met but please don’t let it put you off.
• The resort is only a third to half finished. Did this spoil our holiday? No, the building work is all fenced off; just don't look at it but concentrate on the amazing view out to sea instead.
• I have never been to a resort, where (on the surface at least), five star luxury lives in such harmony with the local community. The image of three young English brothers intently watching and listening to a group of kids from the local village whilst they showed them how to fish with equipment made from whatever they could find will remain with me for a long time and I’m sure it was a highlight for the boys as well.
• James, the tennis coach, really can sing! BUT more importantly he needs a modest club house to improve the tennis experience. James is an amazing coach who helped me re-discover a long lost forehand whilst finding a non-existent backhand and volley. He is a tremendous asset to the resort but it is very hot by the tennis courts and he needs a better facility to allow him to take tennis to the next level.
• CRICKET - rarely gets mentioned in the reviews but it was one of the main reasons we considered the resort. As the mother of a 12 year old that plays cricket seriously the quality of the nets and coaching was absolutely excellent, no wonder a number of international cricket teams have stayed in recent months.
• The treatments in the spa were some of the best I have experienced anywhere in the world, bespoke if required and excellent value, thank you ladies
• I loved the fact the TV screens at the bar pretty much just showed wall to wall English sport so we could keep up the date with the Ashes and the start of the Premiership
And finally, one of the biggest draws of the resort for us as a family was the professional coaches. Ronnie Whelan was 'in the house' during our stay and if all the professional coaches have been as good as Ronnie then Buccament Bay really does have a winning formula. There were no airs and graces, just quality coaching resulting in happy, sweaty kids (and parents) and a gentleman happy to pass the time of day with anyone over a beer at the bar. I was also fortunate enough to have one tennis session with Pat Cash (thank you for doing the extra session after travelling for 48 hours); this was a fantastic experience for me that definitely wasn't some famous player just going through the motions.
Buccament Bay, thank you from the Young’s - keep doing what you are doing so well, continue to look after your employees, listen to what your current guests are saying and invest wisely in the future, if you do this, we will be back in a flash.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award-winning* Buccament Bay Resort is a luxury, all-inclusive hotel on the beautiful island of St Vincent: the pearl crowning 32 islands and cays called the “Jewels of the Caribbean".Cradled by lush mountains and vibrant rainforest - an inviting sample of the many riches on offer from this unspoilt treasure - the resort boasts stunning features, like a white sandy beach meeting the clear, warm turquoise sea, and stylish accommodations that typify the Harlequin Hotels & Resorts standards.Perfect for families, couples, singles or dream weddings and honeymoons, it boasts a unique range of top class activities and facilities - many associated with famous brands - that leave guests spoilt for choice, whilst warm, considerate staff deliver a truly Caribbean 5 star experience in a charming, village-style setting.There are several restaurants and bars offering a range of dining options, whilst the unique variety of top class activities cater for all the family. These include: Liverpool FC Academy Soccer School; Pat Cash Tennis Club; Indigo Dive & Watersports (awarded 5 star status by PADI); Harlequin Performing Arts Academy; The Spa with Treatments by ESPA; Harlequin Fitness Centre; Little Harlequin Kids Club; and Club 61 for teenagers; not to mention a number of excursions, including the complimentary sunset cruise.Whether you seek relaxation or stimulation, discover Buccament Bay Resort.* In Autumn 2012 the resort was extremely proud to be awarded "Caribbean's Leading New Hotel" and "St Vincent & The Grenadines' Leading Spa Resort" by the Oscars of the travel industry, the World Travel Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Buccament Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buccament Bay Hotel St. Vincent
- Buccament Bay Resort St. Vincent, St. Vincent And The Grenadines