Buccament Bay is set in a gorgeous location without question. This is where the website begins and ends in its correctness of description of this resort.
Pros...John Barnes was coach at the soccer and this was excellent. As was the tennis coaching too.
The bar staff... Lionel and Carlson especially... Both exceptional individuals who do their utmost to help make your holiday special..
Villas very nice....
Cons...they advertise trader vics...this is not even built yet...
They advertise ginger and co sushi bar... We saw this once in nine days....
They advertise Safran as fine Indian cuisine... This is not fine cuisine at all... It can barely be described as Indian and is housed in a spare soulless villa next to a pond... You will be eaten alive by Mosquitos on an outside table!!!! In fact one night they ran out of Indian ingredients and changed it to a South American buffet... Numerous people walked out and were disgusted by what was on offer...
They advertise Jacks which is a steakhouse.... They ran out of steak three times in our nine day stay...people were ordering filet mignon on our last night and getting sirloin cut in half and stacked on top of each other... If you manage to get what you order however it is very nice...they advertise HQ which a nice coffee shop but repeatedly ran out of vanilla ice cream...not great for a resort full of children.
The bay beach club food is bland, repetitive and tasteless... Evening meals are served with plastic glasses...this restaurant is open every day... Jacks and Safran three days per week. Bamboo open once for breakfast. No Asian cuisine to be seen anywhere.
To sum up, management were awful and were seen partying whilst guests were unhappy and really didn't care if there any issues or not...
We were so disappointed with the quality we have checked out three days early and head office are refusing to refund us. However our experience was so bad we decided to try and salvage something good from from our summer break... We will be contacting head office on our return to England...we will post photos on TA shortly... Be warned, the website paints a great picture but all is not what it seems at BB. We will never return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award-winning* Buccament Bay Resort is a luxury, all-inclusive hotel on the beautiful island of St Vincent: the pearl crowning 32 islands and cays called the “Jewels of the Caribbean".Cradled by lush mountains and vibrant rainforest - an inviting sample of the many riches on offer from this unspoilt treasure - the resort boasts stunning features, like a white sandy beach meeting the clear, warm turquoise sea, and stylish accommodations that typify the Harlequin Hotels & Resorts standards.Perfect for families, couples, singles or dream weddings and honeymoons, it boasts a unique range of top class activities and facilities - many associated with famous brands - that leave guests spoilt for choice, whilst warm, considerate staff deliver a truly Caribbean 5 star experience in a charming, village-style setting.There are several restaurants and bars offering a range of dining options, whilst the unique variety of top class activities cater for all the family. These include: Liverpool FC Academy Soccer School; Pat Cash Tennis Club; Indigo Dive & Watersports (awarded 5 star status by PADI); Harlequin Performing Arts Academy; The Spa with Treatments by ESPA; Harlequin Fitness Centre; Little Harlequin Kids Club; and Club 61 for teenagers; not to mention a number of excursions, including the complimentary sunset cruise.Whether you seek relaxation or stimulation, discover Buccament Bay Resort.* In Autumn 2012 the resort was extremely proud to be awarded "Caribbean's Leading New Hotel" and "St Vincent & The Grenadines' Leading Spa Resort" by the Oscars of the travel industry, the World Travel Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Buccament Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buccament Bay Hotel St. Vincent
- Buccament Bay Resort St. Vincent, St. Vincent And The Grenadines