Visited May 2013. Accommodation first class - housekeeping twice a bay , food excellent, although perhaps a bit limited in Jacks. Drinks offering on the AI excellent. Ice cream and snacks from HQ lovely. Pool area and beach really nice although the beach is small (no long romantic walks along the beach) and top dressed with white sand which was showing signs of needing topping up - naturally black. The staff were "top" dollar, Special thanks to Keon and Henson at the bar - . Henson's smile could light up a room"!! The trips were great and although the one to Mustique was wonderful, the sea was incredibly choppy and a bit scary!! Do go into Kingstown - not typical pretty Caribbean town, but well worth a visit. Go for a drink at lunchtime in the rooftop bar/restaurant at the Cobblestone Inn.
Couple of negatives - at night the Bay Beach Club acts as both restaurant and bar - if you are not eating there but just want the bar facilities, you feel you are encroaching on people eating- could do with separate bar. There was no entertainment when we were there - given the remoteness of the resort, it definitely needs something.
The BIG issue - Liat airlines - absolutely appalling - no luggage either on the way there or on the way back!! Effectively, if they have a full complement of passengers, it is impossible for them to take everyone's luggage - the plane would be overweight, so major Health and Safety problem - add to this the fact that they also carry cargo - which clearly makes them more money than passengers and it is recipe for disaster. On our flight from Barbados to St Vincent, there were probably 50 passenger - only 3 cases arrived - we then spent two hours in a queue - no air conditioning - to report missing bags. They arrived early evening the next day. On the way back from St Vincent to Barbados slightly more bags arrived but still less than half. The Liat staff were pretty poor also. Make sure you take enough in your hand luggage on the way there, to last you a couple of days. To be fair BB provided toothbrush/paste etc and could not have been more apologetic-it clearly is a regular occurrence. However, I fear that unless something is done about this, not sure what - although BB say that they will be using Harlequin airlines for 2013 - clearly not happening yet - . Buccament could really suffer - I would not return for this specific reason and I am sure there will be other travellers who feel the same .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award-winning* Buccament Bay Resort is a luxury, all-inclusive hotel on the beautiful island of St Vincent: the pearl crowning 32 islands and cays called the “Jewels of the Caribbean".Cradled by lush mountains and vibrant rainforest - an inviting sample of the many riches on offer from this unspoilt treasure - the resort boasts stunning features, like a white sandy beach meeting the clear, warm turquoise sea, and stylish accommodations that typify the Harlequin Hotels & Resorts standards.Perfect for families, couples, singles or dream weddings and honeymoons, it boasts a unique range of top class activities and facilities - many associated with famous brands - that leave guests spoilt for choice, whilst warm, considerate staff deliver a truly Caribbean 5 star experience in a charming, village-style setting.There are several restaurants and bars offering a range of dining options, whilst the unique variety of top class activities cater for all the family. These include: Liverpool FC Academy Soccer School; Pat Cash Tennis Club; Indigo Dive & Watersports (awarded 5 star status by PADI); Harlequin Performing Arts Academy; The Spa with Treatments by ESPA; Harlequin Fitness Centre; Little Harlequin Kids Club; and Club 61 for teenagers; not to mention a number of excursions, including the complimentary sunset cruise.Whether you seek relaxation or stimulation, discover Buccament Bay Resort.* In Autumn 2012 the resort was extremely proud to be awarded "Caribbean's Leading New Hotel" and "St Vincent & The Grenadines' Leading Spa Resort" by the Oscars of the travel industry, the World Travel Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Tingo, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Buccament Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buccament Bay Hotel St. Vincent
- Buccament Bay Resort St. Vincent, St. Vincent And The Grenadines