Just returned from Buccament Bay and had an amazing time.
As mentioned in pretty much every review the staff are truly amazing, friendly and attentive and are a real asset to the resort.
I suppose the resort is more of a faff to get to due to the need for a connecting flight from either St Lucia or Barbados international airports but that is not the hotels fault and cant see why people complain about this on here as this is surely transparent at time of booking.
I understand St Vincent is in the process of constructing an international airport which should reduce journey times but I would not let that stop me returning before then.
We were greeted at St Vincent airport by a driver in a private 4x4 for our transfer to the resort and were offered a much needed chilled bottle of water for the journey and the driver pointed out various sites while on route which was a nice touch, the transfer was about 45 minutes and it was dark by this time the roads are steep in places with sheer drops off the side of the mountain in places not the most pleasant of journeys if you don't like heights like me (make sure you sit on the right side of the car if you don't like heights I made the mistake of sitting on the left)
The Villas are spacious, well appointed and the housekeepers do a Stirling job keeping them clean. The plug sockets are UK style so no need to bother with adapters (if travelling from UK)
As others have mentioned we did have a problem with Mosquitos in the room so make sure you pack some Deet and maybe some knock down spray (It would be helpful if the resort provided this in the rooms) the resort does fogging in the evenings but due to the layout of the resort it doesn't seem to get into all the areas particularly around the lakes/swamps.
The food was always great and operates mainly as an a la carte system (with the exception of breakfast buffet) they sometimes had salad bar and live cooking stations to supplement the a la carte menu too at the Bay Beach Club . The sushi bar and Jacks restaurant in particular were exceptional the streak was great!
The cocktails were amazing the best Pina Colada's I've ever had.
It was low season so there were plenty of sunbeds, which were very comfy and the pool boys were great at keeping your drinks topped up and just generally making sure you had everything you need.
Sadly our excursion to Tobago Cays was cancelled due to not enough bookings (we were advised of this possibility at time of booking) so bare this in mind when you are planning trips.
The resort has a few bikes available for guests use and is a great way of getting around the resort and also makes the journey back to the villa more interesting after a few cocktails!
Would we return most definitely!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award-winning* Buccament Bay Resort is a luxury, all-inclusive hotel on the beautiful island of St Vincent: the pearl crowning 32 islands and cays called the “Jewels of the Caribbean".Cradled by lush mountains and vibrant rainforest - an inviting sample of the many riches on offer from this unspoilt treasure - the resort boasts stunning features, like a white sandy beach meeting the clear, warm turquoise sea, and stylish accommodations that typify the Harlequin Hotels & Resorts standards.Perfect for families, couples, singles or dream weddings and honeymoons, it boasts a unique range of top class activities and facilities - many associated with famous brands - that leave guests spoilt for choice, whilst warm, considerate staff deliver a truly Caribbean 5 star experience in a charming, village-style setting.There are several restaurants and bars offering a range of dining options, whilst the unique variety of top class activities cater for all the family. These include: Liverpool FC Academy Soccer School; Pat Cash Tennis Club; Indigo Dive & Watersports (awarded 5 star status by PADI); Harlequin Performing Arts Academy; The Spa with Treatments by ESPA; Harlequin Fitness Centre; Little Harlequin Kids Club; and Club 61 for teenagers; not to mention a number of excursions, including the complimentary sunset cruise.Whether you seek relaxation or stimulation, discover Buccament Bay Resort.* In Autumn 2012 the resort was extremely proud to be awarded "Caribbean's Leading New Hotel" and "St Vincent & The Grenadines' Leading Spa Resort" by the Oscars of the travel industry, the World Travel Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Despegar.com, Expedia, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Buccament Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buccament Bay Hotel St. Vincent
- Buccament Bay Resort St. Vincent, St. Vincent And The Grenadines