We stayed at this resort for a week in May and were extremely disappointed. At a push its almost 4* but nowhere near the 5* luxury resort it claims to be. We have been to many resorts in the Carribean and this is by far the worst we have been to.
We were kept waiting at least an hour and a half at the airport whilst customs painstakingly slow,processed everyone. Next a tortuous long drive to the hotel. Not the hotels fault but still an unpleasant experience after nearly 20 hours traveling.
The staff at all times were extremely friendly and helpful and provided drinks and cold towels on our arrival.
The rooms however are spacious but far from luxurious, my bathrobe had clearly been worn by the previous occupant and was stained and smelt. Towels also stained and tatty. Not a single Moulton and Brown product in sight, shower ran cold. Air con struggles and the overhead fan sounds like a helicopter in the room.
The rooms are gloomy as it is not possible to open the shutters as they are straight onto the main thoroughfare and lack any privacy.
Only three restaurants and only two open at a time, we were advised to book all our restaurants when we arrived, who wants to do that on holiday?, no flexibility either, we were only offered a 6.30 or 9.30 time for dinner .The Bay and Jacks restaurant has continuously booming Reggae so not at all relaxing. No Trader Vics as advertised.The menu at The Bay never changes and is very limited.The breakfast buffet was average and served in a gloomy, tired area.Lots of fruit on display but none prepared, one chef to do it for you but as smoothies are on offer these seem to take about 15 mins to prepare so a long wait ensues.
The place resembles a mini modern housing estate ,souless and completely lacks any atmosphere. The place is clearly struggling as large boarded areas hide partially finished but deserted accommodation falling apart. The abandoned half finished Apartment block covered in rusting scaffolding is a total eyesore .
The beach is tiny and unattractive and can be walked in about three minutes.
The whole hotel although relatively new is already showing signs of wear and many areas are very shabby and tatty.
The only plus is the friendly staff and the weather!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award-winning* Buccament Bay Resort is a luxury, all-inclusive hotel on the beautiful island of St Vincent: the pearl crowning 32 islands and cays called the “Jewels of the Caribbean".Cradled by lush mountains and vibrant rainforest - an inviting sample of the many riches on offer from this unspoilt treasure - the resort boasts stunning features, like a white sandy beach meeting the clear, warm turquoise sea, and stylish accommodations that typify the Harlequin Hotels & Resorts standards.Perfect for families, couples, singles or dream weddings and honeymoons, it boasts a unique range of top class activities and facilities - many associated with famous brands - that leave guests spoilt for choice, whilst warm, considerate staff deliver a truly Caribbean 5 star experience in a charming, village-style setting.There are several restaurants and bars offering a range of dining options, whilst the unique variety of top class activities cater for all the family. These include: Liverpool FC Academy Soccer School; Pat Cash Tennis Club; Indigo Dive & Watersports (awarded 5 star status by PADI); Harlequin Performing Arts Academy; The Spa with Treatments by ESPA; Harlequin Fitness Centre; Little Harlequin Kids Club; and Club 61 for teenagers; not to mention a number of excursions, including the complimentary sunset cruise.Whether you seek relaxation or stimulation, discover Buccament Bay Resort.* In Autumn 2012 the resort was extremely proud to be awarded "Caribbean's Leading New Hotel" and "St Vincent & The Grenadines' Leading Spa Resort" by the Oscars of the travel industry, the World Travel Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Buccament Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buccament Bay Hotel St. Vincent
- Buccament Bay Resort St. Vincent, St. Vincent And The Grenadines