“A perfect two weeks.....” 5 of 5 stars

You added Buccament Bay Resort to your Saves list
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Buccament Bay, St. Vincent   |
Ranked #1 of 15 hotels in St. Vincent
Beaconsfield, United Kingdom
“A perfect two weeks.....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

We have just returned from two fabulous weeks at Buccament Bay and I have to say I am amazed by some of the negative reviews on here, and can only assume that people had specific issues and decided to take that out on the hotel with a poor review. As everyone else has said the staff here are beyond superb, nothing is too much trouble they are personable, fun and will know your names and preferences within a day or two.. The list of staff to thank is too long for this review but safe to say we will be writing to the hotel personally to thank them for our stay.

So - points... The villa's are lovely, clean, spacious and beautifully presented. The resort much the same, it's a perfect size, not too busy and any building work going on is fenced off and neither visible or within earshot. The restaurants are limited in number but of a great standard, the food is excellent quality and we managed two weeks without getting bored or fed up. The service is like the rest of the resort exceptional. The pools are fantastic, and the team working both them and the beach by far the best I have ever experienced. The Bay Bar is open all day, a fantastic team here too - and Santa's sushi and tempura has to be experienced. There is plenty to do with boat trips and activities every day, lots of sports/fitness options and if there is anything else you want to do they are more than happy to accomodate you. HQ is a perfect addition - our daughter loved popping up to get ice cream every day, and if you fancy something light instead of lunch or afternoon tea it's ideal - great pancakes!!

Without waxing lyrical for page after page I can only say - ignore the negative and give this place a try - I assure you you won't be disappointed, great resort, fabulous food, lots to do and a team of people second to none. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
BuccamentBayResort, General Manager at Buccament Bay Resort, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear Madam,

Thank you for providing us with your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your time with us and we appreciate all of your compliments and comments, especially regarding the staff.

Thank you for choosing us and we hope to see back again soon.

559 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
Truro
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

At Buccament Bay you think your in paradise. We were fortunate to have a 4 bed cabana right on the beach with our own plunge pool-Wow we all said. Firstly we were met at the airport by a well dressed and informative native who took us and a few others in a mini bus half an hour to the resort.We were greeted with cool towels a welcome drink and the General Manager intorduced himself and stated that anything we wanted he and his staff were there to help. As stated not only is it paradise, but all the staff could not do enough for you and I would say went beyond there call of duty. Nothing was to much trouble. The whole resort was spotlessly clean as were naturally our cabana. There were the choice of 4 restaurants at present that you could dine in all with there individual ambience and character. All meals were of the highest standard and again the attention to detail was paramount. My brother was in his element playing football, tennis and cricket with training from top coaches. Also a well equiped gym and spa which I visited. There was snorkelling, scuba diving, boating, paddle boarding, and sailing. Several infinity pools, you just had to raise your hand and an attentive waiter would bring you a rum punch!! You could do as much or as little as you wanted and again I must reiterate nothing was to much trouble. It's an ideal getaway for singles, couples or families and friends. We would thoroughly reccommend this resort to anyone.

Room Tip: A cabana on the beach for the ideal location, but all accommodation is of the highest standard
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
BuccamentBayResort, General Manager at Buccament Bay Resort, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for providing us with your feedback, we are happy that you enjoyed your time with us. It was a pleasure to look after you on resort and we look forward to coming back to see us.

Nottingham, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

We were blown away by this resort for so many reasons. As lots of previous reviews have said, the staff are beyond superb. From Creese on arrival at St Vincent airport, Carlson, Lionel, Dexter, Vadol, the lovely Michelle, Alica and Kezi in the Spa, Dale at Indigo Dive, I could go on and on. The attention to detail is like nothing I have ever known. On our second night, we went to The Bay and were asked if we wanted our 'usual'. We were actually speechless, as we had been there less than 48 hours but they had gone to the trouble of remembering our choice of drinks.
The food is fantastic in every way - breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and cakes through to dinner. Good choice and fantastic quality, with steaks, chicken, lamb, pork, duck, beautiful fresh fish, everything cooked to order. We went to Jacks three times, Safran once and The Bay the rest of the time. Although the menus aren't enormous, there was enough choice so we didn't get bored by the food. The coffee and cakes at HQ are a nice mid afternoon treat too. The drinks are premium quality, with an endless supply of cocktails, wines, fruit punches. There was even Bucks Fizz every morning at breakfast.
We used the gym almost every day and we found it ideal for a workout early each morning. I do free weights and was able to find everything I needed to do a decent session. There are fridges with ice cold towels plus aircons so you can keep cool. The building wasn't huge, so felt a little tight on space - it might be nice to have a bigger building eventually.
Our villa was a two bedroomed garden view with a plunge pool and 'beach' alongside a lake. The bedrooms were airconditioned, the main reception room wasn't, but I quite liked having the choice of temperature. The rooms were very stylish, and comfortable. The beds were divine, and huge. The shower was fantastic - an overhead rainshower type. We had two fridges, fully stocked with cold drinks, water, milk etc, and a Lavazza coffee machine. There was an in-room safe, and an ironing board and iron. The resort has hi-speed free wifi everywhere.
The pool was a lovely temperature, and there was no shortage of sunbeds, with towelling covers and towels. And when they got wet during a downpour, they were whisked away and replaced with nice dry ones.
We went on the Sunset Cruise, which was a nice included extra, with canapes and drinks, and we also hired a speedboat and two crew members who took us for a sightseeing/snorkelling trip for three hours along the coast. They were very informative and took us to see some of the Pirates of the Caribbean filming locations. My daughter also did a half hour waterskiing session. We borrowed kayaks too.
We had a slight problem when we first arrived in Barbados as we should have been given Lounge Passes but we were only given two, so needed to buy a third. When we explained this to the staff at BB, there was no hesitation, we were reimbursed in full. They also gave us cash as we left, in order that we could buy three lounge passes on our return journey.
Before we went to BB, we followed Tripadvisor reviewers advice to take some clothes and essentials with us as hand luggage, as we were travelling with LIAT. We were glad we did as only two out of three bags arrived, one came the next day. The staff were great and opened the shop to get us a toothbrush.
I could literally write a book about our experience at this resort. I truly didn't want to leave, and can't wait to go back.

Dear Madam,

Thank you for your review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and we appreciate all your comments and compliments. Your kind words for the staff will be passed on and I’m sure that they will be happy to hear what you have said.

We regret that you had the mishap with the lounge passes but we’re happy that you were satisfied with the resulting outcome.

It was a pleasure looking after you and we hope you will choose us again.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I've never been to an all inclusive resort before but as I was travelling by myself, I wanted somewhere where I could find all the amenitites I wanted on site. Buccament Bay ticked all of the boxes.
Two things stand out from my time here. The fabulous villas and the amazing service. The villas really do need to be seen to be believed. Very modern, well thought out and with added attention to detail like an IPOD docking station. The bedroom had a walk in wardrobe that would have made Carrie Bradshaw's day had she seen it, but it was the shower that makes me want to wax lyrical. A rainforest showerhead in the ceiling and two smaller horizontal heads in the wall - pure bliss at the end of a hard day sunbathing...
Every afternoon I had the most delicious chocolates delivered to my room and always came back to the most inventive towel art I have ever seen.
The service really is second to none. Friendly, efficient but unobtrusive. My name and room number were remembered by everyone and guest services could not have been more helpful. I loved the fact that I was checked into the resort in my villa - no queuing at reception on arrival. Oh and the bottle of fizz was very welcome too!
I have just 2 niggles. The first is the restaurant reservation system. It really could be improved. I would advise that you book all your restaurants when you first arrive at the resort to avoid being offered 6 pm or 9.30 slots, although when I was squeezed in one evening at 7.30 (thanks Charles!) there were numerous empty tables. Also only having 2 restaurants open each evening limits choice but aparently other restaurants are opening soon. I can highly recommend the lobster in Jacks (at a supplement of $25) and the incredible sushi at the Bay.
For a resort that markets itself as a sports resort, the gym really is a disappointment. In terms of equipment, it is one of the best equipped hotel gyms I have seen, but instead of having its own facility, it has been sited into an empty villa. This means that it's hot and humid as the air con isn't strong enough but more irritating, there is no space available to use the free weights or kettle bells which defeats the object of having them.
I was told there were apartment blocks which would soon be opening for guests. My concern about this is that if the resort were to get much bigger it would lose the friendliness and the service for which it is rightly praised.
Overall I had a wonderful holiday and my niggles are just that - nothing to really get upset over. Would I go back? Absolutely!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Dear Madam,

Thank you for providing us with your feedback, we appreciate your comments and compliments. We are glad that you had a good time on resort and that you got to experience some of our great activities and facilities. We will take your on board your constructive comments and act on them were appropriate.

Thank you for choosing us and we do hope to see back again.

Regards,
Bucc Bay
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

What a fantastic holiday, the staff were outstanding, the food quality brilliant, cocktails by the pool plentiful and accomodation 5 star.
We would recommend Buccament bay to anyone, the Restaurant booking system needs to be ironed out and a new Trader Vics will make a difference. Congratulations to Mel who has put together a 5 star team, especially Carlson, Amanda and Henson to name but 3.
The Scuba diving was especially good.

Room Tip: The Villas are very well appointed, very quiet Air Con, huge beds and decent coffee machine.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
BuccamentBayResort, General Manager at Buccament Bay Resort, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Sir

Thank you providing us with your feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed your time on resort and your kind words about the team will be passed on.

We look forward to welcoming you back on resort.

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I recently came back from Buccament Bay, and the one word to describe it would be WOW!!!!

The rooms are beautiful but what truly makes this resort one of a kind is the staff. Brod who remembered us each morning at breakfast, recommend a fresh smoothie, (it was the best smoothie I have had, and have been craving them ever since I returned home) he was very friendly and it was a please to be greeted by him each morning with a smile.

I am very picky about All inclusive resorts with their food, and i would highly recommend Buccament Bay, if you are looking for a luxurious all inclusive with great food. EVERYTHING I ate was very fresh and cooked perfectly, the drinks are good brands (not the bottom shelf stuff you get from other AI resorts).

The rooms are amazing, each has their own plunge pool, the showers have body jets and the beds are some of the best I have slept on!

Overall I would highly recommend BB, yes it is a little more expensive but it is all inclusive and yes you do have to take an extra flight to get there, but it is worth it!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Sir

We are thrilled that you had such a good time on resort and thank you for providing us with your feedback. We strive to give our guests a truly five star Caribbean experience when staying with us so to hear your comments means a great deal.

Thank you for choosing our resort and we hope to see you back soon.

Nice, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We booked this holiday as Phil Cavill was giving voice lessons at the performing arts programme at the hotel. We were not disappointed, he was both professional and friendly and definitely improved our daughters performing abilities. Giving her the opportunity to perform in public too!
All the staff without exception were extraordinary in the care of guests. We had particular contact with Anil who was the most attentive manager we have had the pleasure of encountering on a holiday. He seemed to make our holiday being perfect his mission - he succeeded. Fernando, his boss who made a point of stopping and speaking to everyone it seemed in the course of his day, Lionel who was always 'in the house' and organizing the guys around the pool and at the poolside restaurant during lunch. Jimmy who made the best smoothies at breakfast. and Kim, Alicia and Terence who made the coffee shop visits as irresistable as the lovely goodies available there!
The accommodation we had in a 2 bedroom beachfront villa was very good, being both spacious and well appointed, with a plunge pool and air conditioning throughout, not all rooms have these.
There are a lot of activities available at the hotel. Certainly the ones we joined in with were all well run by professional, happy, helpful staff whether that was at the tennis courts with James, dive centre with Dale & co, or of course as I have already mentioned the wonderful Phil who was fantastic in bringing out the most in the young people entrusted to him, building both their confidence and ability.
The Resort also has visiting "Celebrity" coaches at various times throughout the year.
We also had the pleasure of beach tennis which my husband played almost daily with the guys at the beach "hire" hut, who were all great, this is where canoes sail boats and boards etc are available.
The hotel has at present 3 restaurants The Bay, Safran and Jacks. Bamboo serves breakfast only. A sushi bar is available at the Bay. This cannot be underestimated as the wonderful Sushi chef Santa puts out is 2nd to none. Also a wonderfully generous, kind man both with his time and his food. Thank you to ALL
The "star" at Jack's is definitely Rannel, who took our 13 year old under her wing and even arranged for her to go into town to get her hair done! This is a steak restaurant with some lovely other dishes too such as the lamb and don't miss the crab cakes.
Safran does tasty Indian food, whether you choose the butter chicken, lamb rogan or have the mouth watering tandoori chicken it will not disappoint.
The Spa although small, with no sauna/steam has some lovely treatments with very good therapists, so good I came out too zenned to remember their names, all we had were very good though.
Beds were comfortable too which is important on a holiday.
Truly a 5* All-inclusive Resort.
Down side:
You need to fly to Barbados or St Lucia, wish they would hurry up and build the international airport on the Island.
Boutique could be better stocked.
When very busy poolside space is a premium.

Room Tip: Ask for fully air conditioned.
Dear Madam,

Thank you for your review. We are delighted that you had a good time whilst staying with us and you got to experience the great amenities and facilities we have available on resort.

Your kind words and compliments for the staff and the Harlequin Performing Arts Academy coach, Phil Cavil, will be passed on and I’m sure they will be delighted to hear what you have said.

Thank you for choosing our resort and we hope you will return.

Regards,
Buccament Bay Resort

Been to Buccament Bay Resort? Share your experiences!