We booked this holiday as Phil Cavill was giving voice lessons at the performing arts programme at the hotel. We were not disappointed, he was both professional and friendly and definitely improved our daughters performing abilities. Giving her the opportunity to perform in public too!
All the staff without exception were extraordinary in the care of guests. We had particular contact with Anil who was the most attentive manager we have had the pleasure of encountering on a holiday. He seemed to make our holiday being perfect his mission - he succeeded. Fernando, his boss who made a point of stopping and speaking to everyone it seemed in the course of his day, Lionel who was always 'in the house' and organizing the guys around the pool and at the poolside restaurant during lunch. Jimmy who made the best smoothies at breakfast. and Kim, Alicia and Terence who made the coffee shop visits as irresistable as the lovely goodies available there!
The accommodation we had in a 2 bedroom beachfront villa was very good, being both spacious and well appointed, with a plunge pool and air conditioning throughout, not all rooms have these.
There are a lot of activities available at the hotel. Certainly the ones we joined in with were all well run by professional, happy, helpful staff whether that was at the tennis courts with James, dive centre with Dale & co, or of course as I have already mentioned the wonderful Phil who was fantastic in bringing out the most in the young people entrusted to him, building both their confidence and ability.
The Resort also has visiting "Celebrity" coaches at various times throughout the year.
We also had the pleasure of beach tennis which my husband played almost daily with the guys at the beach "hire" hut, who were all great, this is where canoes sail boats and boards etc are available.
The hotel has at present 3 restaurants The Bay, Safran and Jacks. Bamboo serves breakfast only. A sushi bar is available at the Bay. This cannot be underestimated as the wonderful Sushi chef Santa puts out is 2nd to none. Also a wonderfully generous, kind man both with his time and his food. Thank you to ALL
The "star" at Jack's is definitely Rannel, who took our 13 year old under her wing and even arranged for her to go into town to get her hair done! This is a steak restaurant with some lovely other dishes too such as the lamb and don't miss the crab cakes.
Safran does tasty Indian food, whether you choose the butter chicken, lamb rogan or have the mouth watering tandoori chicken it will not disappoint.
The Spa although small, with no sauna/steam has some lovely treatments with very good therapists, so good I came out too zenned to remember their names, all we had were very good though.
Beds were comfortable too which is important on a holiday.
Truly a 5* All-inclusive Resort.
You need to fly to Barbados or St Lucia, wish they would hurry up and build the international airport on the Island.
Boutique could be better stocked.
When very busy poolside space is a premium.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award-winning* Buccament Bay Resort is a luxury, all-inclusive hotel on the beautiful island of St Vincent: the pearl crowning 32 islands and cays called the “Jewels of the Caribbean".Cradled by lush mountains and vibrant rainforest - an inviting sample of the many riches on offer from this unspoilt treasure - the resort boasts stunning features, like a white sandy beach meeting the clear, warm turquoise sea, and stylish accommodations that typify the Harlequin Hotels & Resorts standards.Perfect for families, couples, singles or dream weddings and honeymoons, it boasts a unique range of top class activities and facilities - many associated with famous brands - that leave guests spoilt for choice, whilst warm, considerate staff deliver a truly Caribbean 5 star experience in a charming, village-style setting.There are several restaurants and bars offering a range of dining options, whilst the unique variety of top class activities cater for all the family. These include: Liverpool FC Academy Soccer School; Pat Cash Tennis Club; Indigo Dive & Watersports (awarded 5 star status by PADI); Harlequin Performing Arts Academy; The Spa with Treatments by ESPA; Harlequin Fitness Centre; Little Harlequin Kids Club; and Club 61 for teenagers; not to mention a number of excursions, including the complimentary sunset cruise.Whether you seek relaxation or stimulation, discover Buccament Bay Resort.* In Autumn 2012 the resort was extremely proud to be awarded "Caribbean's Leading New Hotel" and "St Vincent & The Grenadines' Leading Spa Resort" by the Oscars of the travel industry, the World Travel Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your Buccament Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buccament Bay Hotel St. Vincent
- Buccament Bay Resort St. Vincent, St. Vincent And The Grenadines