Our extended family - grandparents, son, daughter-in-law & 3 children aged 8-10 have just returned from 12 days in Buccament Bay. After a hairy flight from St Lucia landing in a downpour, we have been very impressed with the hotel. Firstly, the staff, almost without exception were brilliant ! I would like to thank particularly Lionel & Carlson at the pool, Keon & the other barmen at the Bay, Glen Cora, Asha, Jeloni & Brod at the restaurants & lots more whose names haven't stuck, but whose helpfulness & cheerfulness have.
Secondly, the food was excellent in the Bay, Jacks, Saffran & the Beach breakfast (the best fruit I've had in the Caribbean for years). Thirdly, the swimming pools were ideal for the children, who spent the majority of each day in them. They are ideally suited for enjoying the view over the bay while keeping an eye on the children. Fourthly, the tennis coaching was a great success with our grandchildren, as also the Kid's club - whose staff were very accommodating. Our daughter in law very much enjoyed the yoga most mornings, sometimes on a one to one basis. Fifthly, the villas were very well designed, the beds are the most comfortable I have ever slept in & the showers are brilliant - again the best I have used. Sixthly, the access to the crystal clear sea was good for swimmers of all ages - not always easy in the Caribbean. I am a keen (my wife would say fanatical) snorkeller & I found the snorkelling excellent. Loads & loads of beautiful fish & sponges - especially under the point to the left of the beach. There is not much fancy coral, but brilliant colours on the cliff/rock surfaces & I actually heard a whale while out there ! Seventhly, the sunset cruise was fun (thank you Alex for your dancing & fun with the children). Try to take the trip to Bequia -& take some money for the frip to the entrancing turtle sanctuary. Apart from seeing this beautiful island, on the way back we became embroiled in hundreds of dolphins & then 6 whales.
OK, there were some things that could do with a little sorting out. We went at a busy time over Easter, but we had to rely on our kids to save us some loungers by the pool with shades - there just aren't enough at busy times. There wasn't any evening entertainment while we were there apart from occasional appearances from the resident DJ. The children very much enjoyed the semi al fresco film shows with popcorn on several evenings. The performing Arts were AWOL during our stay, which was a minor disappointment.
Over all, these were minor disappointments & the good points WAY out weigh the not so good. It was one of our best family holidays ever. Well done all of you at Buccament Bay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award-winning* Buccament Bay Resort is a luxury, all-inclusive hotel on the beautiful island of St Vincent: the pearl crowning 32 islands and cays called the “Jewels of the Caribbean".Cradled by lush mountains and vibrant rainforest - an inviting sample of the many riches on offer from this unspoilt treasure - the resort boasts stunning features, like a white sandy beach meeting the clear, warm turquoise sea, and stylish accommodations that typify the Harlequin Hotels & Resorts standards.Perfect for families, couples, singles or dream weddings and honeymoons, it boasts a unique range of top class activities and facilities - many associated with famous brands - that leave guests spoilt for choice, whilst warm, considerate staff deliver a truly Caribbean 5 star experience in a charming, village-style setting.There are several restaurants and bars offering a range of dining options, whilst the unique variety of top class activities cater for all the family. These include: Liverpool FC Academy Soccer School; Pat Cash Tennis Club; Indigo Dive & Watersports (awarded 5 star status by PADI); Harlequin Performing Arts Academy; The Spa with Treatments by ESPA; Harlequin Fitness Centre; Little Harlequin Kids Club; and Club 61 for teenagers; not to mention a number of excursions, including the complimentary sunset cruise.Whether you seek relaxation or stimulation, discover Buccament Bay Resort.* In Autumn 2012 the resort was extremely proud to be awarded "Caribbean's Leading New Hotel" and "St Vincent & The Grenadines' Leading Spa Resort" by the Oscars of the travel industry, the World Travel Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Booking.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Expedia, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Buccament Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buccament Bay Hotel St. Vincent
- Buccament Bay Resort St. Vincent, St. Vincent And The Grenadines