“DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL” 1 of 5 stars

Tropic Breeze Hotel
St. Vincent   |
Ranked #16 of 16 Hotels in St. Vincent
Baltimore, Maryland
“DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2009

Do not under any circumstances stay at this hotel. My work booked me here. It was disgusting. It was really out of the way. It looks like it is close to the airport but it is up on a cliff so it is pretty remote from the town and airport. There were no restaurants nearby. When we got there it was nighttime. The place was dark and scary. There were about 6-10 wild dogs running around the premises. They were growling and snarling at us. I asked the lady that worked there if they were friendly. She said "No. Do not touch the dogs." Luckily we stayed on the second floor and there was a gate to keep the dogs away. Still they tried to get through the gate to get at us. The dogs fought with each other all night waking me up several times. The room was disgusting. There were insects. I had no hot water in my room. There was a layer of dust on the dishes. Pushing on the bed was like pushing on a piece of plywood. The lock on the door seemed really flimsy. I did not want to stay there. I did not feel safe there. Unfortunately I can't change my hotel when I travel for work or I would have left. Also, I asked for a wake up call. There wasn't an alarm clock in the room. No one ever came to wake me up. Luckily my partner did or I would have slept right through my flight. In the morning my partner and I just wanted to get out of there. The lady there wouldn't check us out. She said she was making us breakfast. I took a look in the kitchen, it was disgusting. There was food laying out exposed. There were flies on everything. It was nasty. I was not eating there.

It should be noted that I am not a high maintenance traveler and I don't scare easily. I have stayed in numerous hostels and foreign hotels. I live in downtown Baltimore City and have no problem walking around at night. I don't scare easily. But this place was different. I was scared. I do not recommend this place for female travelers or really anyone. I have stayed in places without hot water before but the combination of that with the unsanitary nature of the hotel and the wild dogs... it was just too much.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business

Families
Couples
Greenville, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2009

I stayed there for a week and found the staff to be very friendly. The food was excellent. The price of the hotel was very reasonable. They even arranged a trip for me down the leeward coast to visit a Pastor friend. I had lunch at their satellite facility at Wallilabou where the movie Pirates of the Caribbean was filmed. I had a thoroughly enjoyable stay there.

• Stayed November 2007, traveled solo
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2006

My 3 friends and I from Trinidad and Tobago stayed at Tropic Breeze for the Easter holidays...the staff was verry courteous...they made sure our stay was as confortable as possible...they're very willing with extra towels, great room service, we had EVERYTHING for the kitchenette. Its seems like the entertainment area isn't being used as often, but the pool and garden are well kept. I just love the view of the mountains and beautiful houses in the area...you can even see the airport strip and Bequia from the living room area. Very serene, scenic breezy, cool place. Its advisable to have a vehicle to get there, since its up on the mountain. So if u want to get away from all the noise and bustle from town, Tropic Breeze is definately the place to be.

Been to Tropic Breeze Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Tropic Breeze Hotel

Address: St. Vincent
Location: Caribbean > St. Vincent and the Grenadines > St. Vincent
Business Center with Internet Access Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool
Ranked #16 of 16 Hotels in St. Vincent
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your Tropic Breeze Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Tropic Breeze Hotel St. Vincent, St. Vincent And The Grenadines

If you own or manage Tropic Breeze Hotel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.