We visited Young Island for the second time and if anything it was even better.
I wrote an extensive review a year ago on Trip Advisor – and most other reviews give you more detail - so I will just list my main points:
- the food is varied and top quality – outstanding;
- Young Island is ‘mature’ in the best sense, possibly slightly rustic with real charm;
- It is quite different than most other top-of-the-range places – luxury but no unnecessary plush (if you want that go elsewhere);
- Fantastic staff who are genuinely friendly, without obsequiousness – they are not flunkies here.
In other words, something a bit different. It’s called a ‘resort’ – I don’t think that does it justice. Real quality. We will be back.
PS. We have never had a problem with LIAT that others seem to have experienced – in fact they have bent over backwards to help us on two occasions.
PPS. Not sure why Katie had such a quick/rushed meal... we've had both quick and slow meals, at our pace.
PPS When leaving St Vincent, make sure you have the exact money in cash on you for departure tax at the airport otherwise it will cause you hassle. $US 19 per person or $EC 50 per person.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity so you can book your Young Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Young Island Hotel St. Vincent
- Young Island Resort St. Vincent, St. Vincent And The Grenadines