“This place would earn 6 diamonds if there was such a thing” 5 of 5 stars

4th Night Free
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Charlestown
Certificate of Excellence 2014
East Lansing, Michigan
“This place would earn 6 diamonds if there was such a thing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Travelled June 3rd-June 10th

Wow. Let me say that again, wow. If you are considering staying at this resort do not hesitate. Not only are the grounds the most manicured I have ever seen, the service is even better if you can wrap your head around that. The resort manager, Mr. Mohamed Elbanna personally greets every guest each day that you are on site at the resort to make sure everything is going great and to ask if you need anything. Everyone at the resort knows your name come the 2nd day at the property. The pool/beach attendants set up your chairs with towels and an umbrella if desired. Throughout the day the attendants bring two types of water, frozen fruits, & sorbet. All free. There is also free sun screen at the attendant stations if needed. The reflection pool is adults only and is a nice quiet spot to relax.

We did a catamaran trip ($66 per person) with snorkeling (3 hours) and played 18 holes on the resort golf course. If you want to save a few bucks play after 3pm as the greens fees are discounted 50 percent. We ate off property 5 of the 7 night we were there. We had dinner at coconut grove, bananas (twice), Nisbit, and Montpelier. All were top notch. Bananas was easily our favorite.

Taxi is 40 dollars US round trip from the resort to all of these restaurants and the driver waits for you in the parking lot to return.

Mangos was closed on site at the Four Seasons due to construction so we ate at Coral Grill twice.

Coral Grill is great but venture off site to experience the island.

If you’re a seafood fan, specifically lobster then this place is for you! Lobster is available on the island at every restaurant is reasonably priced because it is so abundant.

Spring for the Ocean Suite if you can as it is amazing. Its approx. 950 sq feet and has two decks, a bar, two tv’s, 3 closets, huge living room, dining area, etc.

The resort also did a “meet the management” cocktail hour on our second day at the Cabana Bar which was a nice touch. Can’t beat free drinks and appetizers! We also met the new General Manger (Sven) of the resort.

The place is pricey overall so be prepared. $15 for a pina colada, $7 for a beer, etc. 15 percent tip is already included in the price as well as the 12 percent island tax. Be prepared.

The only negative I could find about the resort is that the live bands end pretty early so if you’re out to dinner and return to the resort they are done playing. Also, they need to add 50 percent more landscape and pathway lighting. I actually called security to ask if they had an extra flashlight laying around that I could borrow for the week since it was sooo dark. They delivered one to my room within 30 minutes.

Carrie at the concierge desk is awesome, simply fantastic. Please utilize her talents.

The boat ride from St Kitts to Nevis is approx. 40 minutes and they serve complimentary beer, punch, and water. The resort will charge you $130 US per couple for a one way trip. $260 round trip.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
  • Polish first
McKinney, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Back in 2008, just a few months after our vacation at the Four Seasons Nevis, a hurricane devastated the resort. Two years later, the resort re-opened for business. And, it’s taken us another three years to return.

For the Caribbean, the resort is nothing less than exceptional. However, getting there is an effort. From the central time zone to the west, it’s a full day of travel. So, we recommend nothing less than a 5-night stay at the resort. Basically, you get up very early, fly to MIA, connect to St. Kitts (SKB), and take a large boat launch across the water from St. Kitts directly to Nevis and the Four Seasons private pier. If you think that’s complicated, it’s really not. Four Seasons staff meets you at the St. Kitts airport, and from there, you are escorted to the resort.

Activities on-site include golf, tennis, fitness center, the spa, deep sea fishing, snorkel, scuba, sailing, basically the works. You can work on your tan, read some books, and enjoy outstanding cuisine and attentive service. And, for a change-of-pace, stroll down the beach to “Sunshine’s”, the island’s famous beach shack for some beers and their infamous “killer bees” cocktails.

It’s a small island, so other restaurants are just a short taxi ride from the Four Seasons. They include Hermitage, Nesbit Plantation, Montpelier, Golden Rock, and a few others will expand your experience of the island.

If you are a Four Seasons traveler, you will not be disappointed with Nevis. Over the years, we’ve enjoyed our guest experiences at several Four Seasons, including: Hualalai, Maui, Lanai, Punta Mita, Costa Rica, Santa Barbara, Scottsdale, Las Vegas, Boston, Toronto, Vancouver, Whistler, and Dallas.

Nevis, it’s worth the trek.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

A wonderful long weekend with fantastic service - everyone was genuinely very friendly and helpful, the room was gorgeous and comfortable and the setting divine. The hotel setting right on the beach was incomparable.

Room Tip: The ocean view suites have their own outside terrace
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

We were here for 5 days on our honeymoon in late May 2013.

The hotel: Impeccable service. We didn't touch our bags once the minute we got on the ferry transporting us from St. Kitts airport to the resort. All the hotel employees (and I mean every single one) was friendly in a genuine way and they went above and beyond the call of duty. Turn down service, awesome L'Occitane bath products, and the plush four poster bed made it all very luxurious. This is not the most absurd amazing Four Seasons hotel out there, but it's pretty goddamn nice.

The food: 15% gratuity and 12% service charge is included automatically. Room service and on site restaurants are predictably very expensive ($25-$35 entrees). If you prefer less "fancy" food, head down the beach (to the left) about a two minute walk to Lime's. The ribs and curry shrimp were really good. There is also Sunshines, but I found the food at Lime's to be much better (apparently owner at Lime's is an ex-Sunshine employee). We also made sure to try what the locals would eat; tour guide took us to Rodney's in Charlestown, which was great.

Activities: We relaxed poolside, took a tour of the town, went horseback riding, and did scuba. All can be reserved through the concierge. I highly recommend taking a tour to get a feel for the island away from the resort. Go to the Golden Rock Plantation for great botanical gardens. Horseback riding (there are two options, we took the one that goes along the beach) was great and a superb way to see other parts of the island. After dinner, there's not much in terms of bumping nightlife.

Overall: The island is beautiful and quiet. I noticed it was mainly couples (older couples) and families with young children. The beaches are not crystal clear, turquoise water, but it is certainly beautiful. If quiet and relaxing is what you want, this is your place. If you're looking for turquoise waters or nightlife, go elsewhere.

Dallas, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Just returned from an incredible vacation at the Four Seasons in Nevis with my three best girl friends from college!

We had never experienced pampering quite like at this resort... cool peppermint towels and fruit-infused water delivered almost instantaneously as you arrived on the beach, chair and towel set-up, and friendly staff waiting on your hand and foot with anything you desire. By the end of the trip, everyone knew us by name and we knew them- I have never met such friendly and genuine people in my life as the locals of Nevis!

We arrived on Tuesday to a beachfront room with two double beds and a large bathroom. There was chilled wine and a bowl of local fruit waiting for us when we walked in, and we were thrilled with the attention to detail. The beds were wonderfully comfortable, and after our days in the sun, we slept like rocks.

This resort is truly a family and couples destination, as the entire island seems to shut down around 9pm during the week and there is no music or activity in the resort after that time. We were the only singles in the entire place (besides children, of course) so we had trouble meeting people to hang out with. We did meet a few "fun" couples on a catamaran snorkeling expedition, which was a bargain at only $66/head (though we enjoyed the bottomless rum punch immensely more than the snorkeling.)

The food is pricey... $36 for the breakfast buffet seems outrageous to me since I've been to resorts with twice as much to choose from for way less, but I enjoyed all of the dishes I tried at Neve (the egg white omelette was my go-to.) Overall, the food was just okay until our dinner at Coral Grill, which was wonderful.
I had the steak with bernaise sauce and twice-baked potatoes, which was delicious. Our friends had the lobster, which was also fresh and delicious. That was definitely the winning meal at the resort.
We ordered plenty of frozen drinks on the beach, which were original and traditional concoctions, and they were great at taking our off-the-menu requests. Room service was quick and the food was hot.

My only complaint would be there is nothing to do after 9pm at the resort itself, so you have to go elsewhere if you're the party type, and the paths are NOT well-lit, so be careful if you wear heels. The resort is pitch black at night!

One more thing: we took a tour of the island of St. Kitts on our second to last day. We paid our driver $20/person for a two-hour trip which ended at a grill and bar called Shipwrecked. We loved it- learning about the history of the island was wonderful. Their economy appears to be in shambles, as their "democracy" seems to me as more of a dictatorship, even after receiving their independence from England in 1983... they are not allowed to own their own land or export any fruits or veggies, which grow rampant in the rich soil of the islands. Therefore, they rely on our tourism for their wellbeing. They could be bitter about the tough situation, but like I said before, these locals are genuinely upbeat, positive, and the most friendly people I've met on vacation.

Don't miss Nevis and St. Kitts. I love this little country!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

We spent our first five nights at the Nisbet Plantation and then moved on to the four seasons for four nights. Our room was what we expected of the four seasons- luxurious bed, great bathroom. We looked out over the golf course at the volcano. The service was very attentive at the pool and they give guests a rock which you can either flip up indicating you want them to stop by with drinks, snacks, etc or down to a shhhh side if you just want to be left alone. Food was pretty consistently good, although as one would expect, a little pricey. Great workout room and plenty of walking courses if you want to get up early and go out to see the monkeys. We did the afternoon golf cart tour which was a lot of fun and got to see dozens of monkeys in the trees. We also did a catamaran sail and snorkel trip through the resort -- you pick up the boat right onthe four seasons dock. It was fun but the fish were not so spectacular. I think I am giving the resort four stars because the staff is not especially warm. This may not be a completely fair criticism because I think the four seasons is going for a more formal type of service -- everyone calls you by your last name and are over the top solicitous. At breakfast they speak to you in hushed tones in a formal manner -- eg, "was everything to your liking Mrs Jones? Can I bring you anything else to make your breakfast more enjoyable Mrs Jones? etc" Even when I went out walking along the beautifully landscaped paths in the morning, every groundskeeper I crossed paths with made an effort to stop what he was doing and say good morning. At first, this is a nice touch, but then you realize that it is required of all of the workers and I began to feel uncomfortable and wanting them to just ignore me. On a more positive note, my husband had a massage at the spa and gave a glowing report of the spa facility. I really liked having the free washer and dryer to do a quick load towards the end of our trip. The beach was really nice and it was groomed to get rid of all of the seaweed. If you go, make sure to walk down pinney beach to Lime for a rum punch and some lobster. Walking home down the beach at night, however, feels a bit sketchy and there are really no lights for a portion of the walk so be careful.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Boca Raton, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

If you are looking for a world class hotel on Nevis, this is it. It is not the most opulent, luxurious Four Seasons in the world, but it is great. Nevis is a beautiful, magical place. I was here nearly 15 years ago and on Nevis for 2 months, so we wanted to get out and see the island beyond the Four Seasons. It is pretty easy to simply stay on site and enjoy the pools, beach, and everything the resort has to offer. The airport transfer from St.Kitts is well worth it with cold drinks and seamless check-in. We were welcomed to our room by wonderfully friendly staff and a delicious plate of chocolate-banana cake. After spending about 30 minutes in the room, my mold allergy told me this was not going to work. We asked if we could be moved and they graciously sent us with a staff member to see another mountain view room and an ocean view room. We chose the upgraded ocean view room and they did agree to honor our original room rate. If you are sensitive to mold, I would avoid ground level rooms in building 11. We saw 2 of them and they both had a terrible moldy smell. Not sure if the 2nd floor rooms are the same.
The grounds are beautiful and very well kept. We only ate 1 meal (breakfast) at the hotel and it was very good with typical Four Seasons price ($96 USD for 2). We rented a car which was delivered to the resort and we just left the keys at the front desk upon departure. The rep from Thrifty gave me my St. Kitts- Nevis drivers license and when I asked if there are any laws I should be aware of and he shook his head no and said, "Just remember to drive on the left and watch out for donkeys."
If you plan to sit on the beach, look for the red umbrellas behind the reflections pool - they have call buttons so you can order drinks and food. Even though it was off season, the wonderful staff came by with complimentary berry flavored water, sorbet, and macaroons.
We had excellent meals at Gallipot, Golden Rock, and Bananas, average ones at Mt. Nevis Hotel and Oualie Beach. And great times at Sunshine's, Chevy's, and Gallipot. Can't wait to return.

Room Tip: Corner units have larger balconies. Two different first floor rooms in bldg 11 smelled musty/ moldy.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Four Seasons Resort Nevis, West Indies? Share your experiences!