“Paradise” 5 of 5 stars

4th Night Free
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Charlestown
“Paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

Nothing but praise for this gorgeous, relaxing, romantic but kid friendly piece of paradise. I think one would have to be a bit precious to find fault. Rooms were spotless, meals were delicious and the staff went out of their way to be helpful. Weather was perfect too!! Can't say enough great things. Worth every hard earned cent.

• Stayed March 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (293)
  • Polish first
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

We traveled to the Four Seasons in late February for a 4-night babymoon / anniversary trip. The entire stay was very enjoyable in all respects. I received a lot of assistance in planning a memorable trip from the local Guest Services Manager, Mr. Fabian Lim. I recommend contacting Fabian ahead of your trip and let him know what you are looking for as he will take care of all the arrangements. We found the room, pools, spa, beach and food quality to all be superb and on par with what you would expect from a Four Seasons resort. The pricing is also what you would expect from a FS resort. We rented a beach bungalow for the last full day we were on the island and I would highly recommend this as it provides you with a beach front retreat and great service all day. The beach sand is very soft and the water is warm so we spent more time in the water than usual. Overall, I highly recommend this resort if you are visiting St. Kitts and Nevis or any other island in the Caribbean.

Room Tip: Since you will be spending most your day by the beach or pool, I recommend the hillside view rooms...
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

We were made to feel very welcome at every turn in this lovely hotel. The food was excellent in all the restaurants and room service was great! We loved the beautiful amenities at the pool. They filled your glass with flavored water all day and bring you extra little treats through out the day. The rooms were spacious and the views breathtaking. The staff was extremely helpful and always addressed me by my name. The Spa was in a beautiful outdoor setting and my massage was perfect. I would highly recommend the Four Seasons at Nevis.

Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

I'll make this short and sweet. The Island is beautiful and the resort is very nice. If you like staying at a Hilton or Marriott you will be very happy until you get the bill. The service and friendliness of the resort were very surprising. Some are nice and others seem to dislike the job. To give you a few examples: 1.Go to the pool, be ready to get your own towels and set down. We did go to the beach on the first day after not finding anyone at the pool, so the lady was very nice and help us to our chairs. I noticed the cushions were all wet and ask about it. She told me it had rain that night. I thought wow, I guess you can't cover them up or flip them on their side to dry before mid day. 2. When we checked into the resort, the women spent more time telling us we had free internet in our room type (1499 a night) but if we want it to be fast we would have to buy it. She seem so very bored to be greeting us and basically dropped us at the room and said welcome to paradise.

I've stay at the several Four Season hotels and resorts(Maui, Atlanta, & Las Vegas), it was a name I trusted fully until this trip and will never stay at a unknown Four Seasons without someone personally recommending the hotel. To sum it up, I won't be going to the Four Season in Costa Rica this year as I don't want a repeat of Nevis.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 516, you can't see the beach even though your charged for it and the bed is old...
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

We travelled to the Four Seasons Nevis at the end of February. The boat ride from St. Kitts was beautiful with complimentary rum punch! Loved the check-in process...because you didn't have to! You were just greeted at the ferry and walked straight to your room. The staff was so pleasant and genuinely wanted to make sure that everything was just right for your stay. We were greeted by every staff member every day. If you are a golfer...you will be in heaven! (I'm not...but my husband played a scramble and said the course was great.) I walked the course (which was challenging, but offered exquisite views back towards St. Kitts). While the food was expensive...it seems to be on par with other Caribbean resorts we've visited. The Coral Grille had the best food and wait staff! Breakfast was very loud the first couple of days, as it seemed that it must have been family week at the resort. They had food stations down low for kids to get to and there seemed to be many activities geared towards families/children. Since we were traveling without family...we first thought we'd made a huge mistake. But, we had chosen the "adult" end of the resort and were able to get away from the noise/hubub of the children/families. I was disappointed in the sand/beach. Apparently, their white sand was washed away with a hurricane in 2008. The current sand was dredged from the ocean floor and was salt & pepper grey colored. We ventured off property for a 1/2-day guided tour of the island. This was entertaining and made me feel more connected. There is a true sense of how important the Four Seasons Resort (and it's guests) are to the economy of the entire island. So, everyone is genuinely interested in being sure that you have a great time at whatever you're doing. The $40USD cab rides in the evenings (if you want to go eat off property) were a little steep. But the restaurants we ate at (Banana's and Montpelier) were yummy. While I would definitely go back here a little later for an extended family trip...I think my husband and I will continue our exploration of the Caribbean for a more romantic, couples spot.

Room Tip: A room on the 2nd floor affords you an ocean view. 1st floor rooms can't see the ocean at all...
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

It was really hard to fault this place. Families and couples were all made welcome and comfortable. Great golf course. Extremely pleasant and friendly staff. Decent sized rooms. A great place to relax. Baffled by negative reviews on this site, but relieved this people won't be going back. I will!

Aurora, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

We stayed at the Four Seasons Nevis property in early January and it was everything we thought it would be and more.

Things to Do :
- Rent a four wheel drive buggy from Greg down the road. Very nice group and they have good service. We toured the island and stopped at a couple of spots. It is hard to find some of the things they point out. Oldest church on the island, plantation ruins, a couple of great spots for breakfast or lunch. Great spots to pull off and look at the views!

Restaurants :
Montepelier Estate : had a great restaurant. Gourmet food (if you are hungry, snack before dinner). We were luck enough to sit in the sugar mill. Great view. Make sure you take your camara. Very beautiful grounds, as well!
Outrigger Restaurant : Food was ok. However, the drinks were great and we enjoyed the card tricks. Greg also owns the buggy rental shop. I would recommend trying their easy going restaurant.

Four Seasons : The service and resort was awesome! We have stayed at the Four Seasons Bora Bora and I thought Nevis was just as nice with more to do!

- All the restuarants are great. Not a bad meal at any of them. Room services was excellent too!
- Tennis facilities were very nice. Clay and Hard courts. There is a fee for the courts, but it is worth it.
- Golf course is the best I have played in the carribean. Views were spectacular. Take your camera with.
- Monkey Tour : the golf course staff will guide you around the course looking for monkeys. On one of the holes there were more than 50 monkeys! it was amazing.

Overall the experience was great! Another great Four Seasons Property.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Four Seasons Resort Nevis, West Indies? Share your experiences!