“Beautiful and privately managed” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 47 things to do in Nevis
More attraction details
Owner description: Holds a wide variety of tropical plants.
Boston, Massachusetts
10 attraction reviews
“Beautiful and privately managed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Given the size of Nevis, this little gem is top-notch. Full of interesting sculptures and scenic and cozy areas to sit and relax. Don't miss the orchids, and the enclosed greenhouse.

My husband and I were so enthralled by the island, he has made a short film on it (with a few views of the Botanical Gardens):

Visited July 2013

Aylesbury, Bucks
11 attraction reviews
“Very oriental”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Not huge but a very pleasant hour or so in well laid out gardens with a distinct oriental flavour. Some beautiful orchids.

Pointe-a-Pitre, Guadeloupe
14 attraction reviews
“Beautiful but not extraordinary!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

We visited Nevis at the end of the summer and as garden lovers, this botanical garden ranked top of our places of interest: firstly, we found the entrance fee overpriced for the garden is not very large and we had no guide but just a map . However, it must be said that the site is very well maintained and it is an enjoyable experience of calm and tranquility.
We ate at the Thai restaurant where most of us enjoyed the food... still, we have been to other botanical gardens in the Caribbean and found that this one paled in contrast. The plants displayed were for many of them various types of the same epiphytic plants: quite beautiful but not such a large array of the caribbean tropical flora.

Alexandria, Virginia, United States
“Best thing on Nevis”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

This place was the best thing on nevis. Beautiful views and one of the great place to eat. Staff and the owner was really friendly and the Thai food was wonderful. We ate there twice during our stay and it was great.

Visited July 2013
Nevis
“Very Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

I had lunch at the little Thai restaurant and then took a tour of the botanical gardens. My lunch was good, I had the starter platter to being with which had springrolls, chicken satay, chicken wings and vegetable tempura. The deep fryer oil must have been well used because my deep fried items came out a little dark. The chicken satay was amazing! The meat was nicely marinated and spiced, very tender. The vegetable tempera was a little bit difficult to eat as it was shredded vegetables. I expected whole, or pieces of vegetables and while tasty it was a little bit messy. The dipping sauces for the platter were good. The peanut sauce was very tasty and the other sauce was thick and spicy, like honey mixed with tamarind and chilis. For my main course I tried the red curry with shrimp. The serving size was perfect, not small but not too much. I ordered medium spice and it was very true to word. The curry was very tasty and the shrimp were nicely cooked. I didn't much like the rice as it seemed more like instant, not much substance to it. The service was wonderful, very friendly and attentive. The botanical gardens were very beautiful and I received a wonderful tour around them which was very informative and delightful!!