“NO. Just say "No".” 1 of 5 stars

Add it.
No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Basseterre
Glimbaro's Guest House
You added Glimbaro's Guest House to your Saves list
Cayon & Market Sts., Basseterre, St. Kitts   |
Ranked #4 of 6 Basseterre B&B and Inns
pennsylvania
“NO. Just say "No".”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2011

I don't generally do negative reviews, seems to me that most people are only too glad to bash one place or another. That said:

This place is Filthy, Overpriced, and has NONE of the ameneties stated. (There is Not a store/cafe downstairs), it's been turned into an appliance store...obviously a long time ago.
*Keep in mind that I am not much of a neat nick and knew that it was a Guesthouse vs a Hotel from the start...but you Need To Avoid This Place.

This place was So Dirty that we used the hammocks I'd brought to cover the beds/pillows and slept like that. I, who am a true barefooter, would not touch the floor with my feet but wore sandals the entire time. A for instance of how Dirty this place is; the areas of the floor that we walked across while we were there actually appeared Cleaner just from our walking on them.

Sorry, Glimbaro's, you need to clean up your act if you want guests to utilize the estabilishment. *We were the only guests there and now we know why.

Room Tip: BYO Linen & Towels.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends

Families
Couples
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Manaus, AM
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2011

It is simple, not that cheap anymore, one night costs you 53 USD... but you get your own restroom confortable bed! friendly staff.... they cleaned the room when i was out and didn't feel anything missing wich is very good nowadays!

It is very central in Basseterre, good restaurants and supermarkets around!

Both islands can be visited in 4 days... more than that you could get bored.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
Trinidad
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2008

The hospitality of the staff was warm and friendly. I would recommend if you need a clean place to sleep. The location is in the heart of town and within comfortable walking distance to the shopping areas.There was h/c water and the a/c worked very well. There was also cable tv.

I am also happy to report that there were no incidence of theft.

I stayed in a room with private bath. The shower area was literally 5ft by 2 ft. The bathroom area is barely big enough to change your mind far less your clothes.

The trek up the staircase with my suitcase was not very comfortable since the staircase could only accommodate one person at a time thankfully I only did this twice.

I was out all day so I am unable to review the food.

I was disappointed that there was no phone in the room as protrayed on the website. They could also improve on the hours that the staff are available at the front desk.

Stayed March 2008

Been to Glimbaro's Guest House? Share your experiences!