“beautiful gardens and lovely host” 5 of 5 stars

and up
St Kitts Island Tour
Ranked #1 of 35 things to do in Basseterre
More attraction details
Owner description: Attractions includes a Plantation Home, Natural Gardens, Museum, Gift Shop, Cellar Pub and Wildlife. Activities includes Family Tours, Groups and no age limit.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Tampa, Florida
“beautiful gardens and lovely host”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Phillip was a wonderful, informative host. He made us feel very welcomed. The grounds are beautiful, very colorful flowers and saw different types of plants that we never seen before. The plantation was maintained exceptionally well. The family has alot of pride in their home. After the tour, we were served a cool refreshing drink.

Montreal, Canada
5 attraction reviews
“Breathtaking villa and wonderful host!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Phillip was a wonderful host, explaining the history of the plantation with humor and passion. A must see when in St-Kitts! We went to this villa as part of a plantation/beach tour through Royal Caribbean Cruises. The beach at Frigate Bay was disappointing but the tour of Clay Villa more than made up for it.

I went with my in-laws and my 2-year old. Cannot bring a carriage around so be prepared to walk a lot with young children. The many birds and other animals in the gardens were great attractions for my little girl!

Indianapolis, Indiana
10 attraction reviews
“Phenomenal Tour at Clay Villa and an AMAZING Day on St Kitts”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

This was by far the most enjoyable Villas I have ever toured in the Caribbean. I was overwhelmed by all the amazing plants and flowers, the hummingbirds that visited the flowers, all the artifacts in the house and the rescued birds, monkeys, turtles and fish. It is such an amazing place and we had a great time.

Phillip was such an amazing guide, he knew EVERYTHING. And by everything I really mean it. He knew all about the island, the villa, etc. He had a great sense of humor.

BEST OF ALL: Some of your entrance fees goes to helping orphaned animals. As an animal lover I was so thankful someone on the island helps these poor monkeys, birds etc. You can see they are well taken care of in his house.

I highly recommend this attraction!!! I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!!

Smithtown, New York
6 attraction reviews
“A Hidden Treasure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

My friends and I booked an excursion that included a tour of the Clay Villa Plantation House. Philip led us on a tour of this plantation house which can be found amidst lush tropical foliage and gorgeous flowers. He was witty, engaging and informative as well as a gracious host. There were a staggering number of collections in the home as well as an intriguing assortment of animals. This was definitely one of the more memorable aspects of our Caribbean vacation.

Deborah F.

“Beautiful and Interesting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

I went on a tour with my Aunt from a cruise and this was one of our stops. It was just us and another couple at this stop and it was intriguing and pretty. We had Philip who led the tour and he was witty and humorous, while being friendly and helpful as much as possible. In my opinion there isn't a lot of interesting tours or touristy things to do in St.Kitts but this is an exception. I recommend anyone and everyone to come check Clay Villa out.