“Great location and friendly staff” 5 of 5 stars

Seaview Inn
Bay Road, Basseterre, St. Kitts   |
Ranked #2 of 7 Basseterre B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Great location and friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

This hotel is good value for money, and well-located in Basseterre (very near ferry port). Javier, who handled my booking, was super friendly and helpful. He even gave me a lift to a local restaurant when the one at the hotel was shut (it was a Sunday night). I also ate in the Seaview and the food was nice too. The rooms are a bit dark, but the A/C was cold, and it was clean and quiet. It was a good place to be based for exploring Basseterre.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

Booked this place based on the reviews I read! Great value i comparison to the cost. Well, yes the rooms are dark and maybe not a place where you'd plan you honeymoon vacation, but the A/C and TV-set worked fine. Very helpful staff, good central location near groceries shops and the bus station. Enjoy the activities down below from the lovely balcony with a cold beer and a zoom lens camera.

I'd certainly come back again and stay if it was for a couple of days only.

Room Tip: Good value for money and great location....
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Cardiff, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

I stayed here for 1 night after reading the reviews on trip advisor. On making the booking, Alex who handled the booking was very helpful. I explained I wouldn't be arriving until late, 10 or 11pm. On the night, Alex arranged a taxi to pick me up from where I had been attending a function. I duly arrived at about 11-30pm. Alex was there to greet me, and show me to my room. The room was basic and clean, with tv and a/c, and a shower room. I left at 6-45am, so am unable to comment on any other areas of the hotel.
If you are looking for a clean, cheapish hotel, for a couple of nights in the middle of downtown Baseterre, then I suggest this one

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

Casual hotel near harbour, great for ferries to Nevis. A/c was poor in sparse room. Not a hotel to base your holiday from more like back packing. Despite this the manager (Rafael?) was incredibly friendly and helpful as were all other staff. Great verandah for watching life go past near the bustling harbour and central for all the main sights in Basseterre

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Lidingö
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2011

My sister and I stayed 4 nights at this hotel. It was perfect for walks in town and close to the bus station where buses in the form of taxis took us to Brimstone. We also made tours. We had very good breakfasts which Alex the manager made. On the Sunday of our stay we suddenly asked if he could give us dinner and that was no problem. He also helped us when we had problems with Greg tours. Our room had no noise except once from another guest.Ragnhild from Sweden

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2011

What more can I say, its expensive for what you get, but isn't everywhere in the Caribbean. Nice balcony, poor wifi.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Seaview Inn? Share your experiences!