“Rennovated paradise” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Basseterre
The Valley, null, Anguilla
“Rennovated paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

For the past year and half, I have been visiting St. Kitts every few months. The accommodation offerings are not as vast as on its sister island, Nevis. For my most recent trip, I stayed at Ocean Terrace Inn (OTI). I saw the property prior to the start of its renovation project about a year before so I was a bit concerned. Back then, it was run down and not very attractive...definitely not a place I would stay. Nonetheless, I wanted to visit following the renovation. I checked in late the evening and I was pleasantly surprised. It was intimate, beautiful and the views were 2nd to none. I absolutely loved it. From my room, I had the best view of the Harbour Front. However, what made my stay absolutely perfect, was the staff. Leonard was amazing...mature, professional and a great conversationalist. Lester, the bartender became my best friend (don't judge me :). The head waitress, I can't remember her name, was so much fun, even though she never accompanied me on any of my morning workout sessions. It is obvious that some of the staff is new to the industry but they have the winning ingredient...the right attitude. This visit was by far my favorite and I have stayed at some of the larger, "renowned" properties. I love the authentic and personal feel. I will definitely return. One recommendation, I would have complimentary water (1-2 bottles) in the rooms. It is not a huge expense but would definitely add to the arrival process, particularly if persons have had a long journey.

Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
GillianHarper, Manager at Ocean Terrace Inn, responded to this review, 6 days ago
We were encouraged and delighted to read your review. Thank you for taking the time. It was a struggle to get Ocean Terrace Inn re-opened with the rooms ready for occupancy and the right staff members trained and in place. We are proud to have accomplished this and again thank you again for recognizing our achievements so far.

We have passed your comments on to Leonard and the other members of the team and we look forward to your return visit. We are working on the bottles of water!

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Visiting St Kitts and stayed overnight with friends. Have stayed at OTI several times before and was aware of the renovation plans 2014-15.
Stopped by the hotel to look around and was very pleased with the new look. The hotel says it is in the middle of a 'soft opening' and plans to have a more formal opening in May. I was able to see two of the new suites which are very appealing.
My fiance and I enjoyed lunch in the new Verandah Restaurant with its wrap around balcony overlooking Basseterre. We were enthralled by the pumpkin & beet soup as well as the Kittitian Conch dish, quite outstanding. The kitchen aims to offer an Asian-Carib fusion and they are well on their way to success.
We are back in St Kitts next month in May and intend to make this our home for a few days at that time!

Room Tip: We loved Suite 110 as well as Suite 209. Also check out 105 and 109...!
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Basseterre, St. Kitts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We only spent a night here (watching St Kitts play England at the cricket) but had a fantastic stay. From the moment we arrived, the staff at reception were welcoming, the room was new with a breathtaking view over the harbour at Basseterre and the Fisherman's Restaurant (attached to the hotel) served the most delicious food. Can't wait to come back!

Room Tip: Any - you'll have a fantastic time!
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
GillianHarper, Manager at Ocean Terrace Inn, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for your kind review. We were delighted that you were one of our very first guests to stay with us after our extensive renovations. We realize that you only spent a night here but thank you for mentioning how the staff was welcoming and that you enjoyed your 'new' room with the breathtaking view over the Basseterre harbour. We are pleased to hear you found that Fisherman's Wharf served the most delicious food and we do hope you come back soon.

Been to Ocean Terrace Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Ocean Terrace Inn

Address: Wigley Avenue | Fortlands, Basseterre, St. Kitts
Location: Caribbean > St. Kitts and Nevis > St. Kitts > Basseterre
Bar / Lounge Beverage Selection Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Basseterre
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): $$$
Hotel Class:3 star — Ocean Terrace Inn 3*
The renovations were completed in 2015 and the hotel has transformed into a delightful eclectic 4 star St Kitts boutique oceanfront hotel enjoying breathtaking views of the Caribbean. With an amazing swimming pool which meanders around the property and 2 unique restaurants, the hotel is located in a prime location outside of the capital city of Basseterre. The 50 attractive rooms and suites with upgraded amenities are cheerfully decorated with a selection of contemporary furniture and bright colors creating a signature style. The Free Wi-Fi keeps you connected and our staff training program and our new service standards means that at OTI, nothing is too much trouble. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, T4B, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and Despegar.com so you can book your Ocean Terrace Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Ocean Terrace Hotel Basseterre
Ocean Terrace Basseterre
Ocean Terrace Inn St. Kitts/Basseterre

If you own or manage Ocean Terrace Inn, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.