For the past year and half, I have been visiting St. Kitts every few months. The accommodation offerings are not as vast as on its sister island, Nevis. For my most recent trip, I stayed at Ocean Terrace Inn (OTI). I saw the property prior to the start of its renovation project about a year before so I was a bit concerned. Back then, it was run down and not very attractive...definitely not a place I would stay. Nonetheless, I wanted to visit following the renovation. I checked in late the evening and I was pleasantly surprised. It was intimate, beautiful and the views were 2nd to none. I absolutely loved it. From my room, I had the best view of the Harbour Front. However, what made my stay absolutely perfect, was the staff. Leonard was amazing...mature, professional and a great conversationalist. Lester, the bartender became my best friend (don't judge me :). The head waitress, I can't remember her name, was so much fun, even though she never accompanied me on any of my morning workout sessions. It is obvious that some of the staff is new to the industry but they have the winning ingredient...the right attitude. This visit was by far my favorite and I have stayed at some of the larger, "renowned" properties. I love the authentic and personal feel. I will definitely return. One recommendation, I would have complimentary water (1-2 bottles) in the rooms. It is not a huge expense but would definitely add to the arrival process, particularly if persons have had a long journey.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The renovations were completed in 2015 and the hotel has transformed into a delightful eclectic 4 star St Kitts boutique oceanfront hotel enjoying breathtaking views of the Caribbean. With an amazing swimming pool which meanders around the property and 2 unique restaurants, the hotel is located in a prime location outside of the capital city of Basseterre. The 50 attractive rooms and suites with upgraded amenities are cheerfully decorated with a selection of contemporary furniture and bright colors creating a signature style. The Free Wi-Fi keeps you connected and our staff training program and our new service standards means that at OTI, nothing is too much trouble. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, T4B, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and Despegar.com so you can book your Ocean Terrace Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Terrace Hotel Basseterre
- Ocean Terrace Basseterre
- Ocean Terrace Inn St. Kitts/Basseterre