Our first ever visit to St Kitts and the Caribbean was cemented as perfect the minute we arrived at The Ocean Terrace Inn. Friendly and polite staff checked us in with a lovely drink of punch
and showed us to our delightful room, taking our luggage for us. The exciting walk to our room was a sheer joy, along the walkways and steps bordered by beautiful tropical plants and palm trees. Our beautiful corner room, on the third floor had two balconies so we had wonderful views over the harbour and town of Basseterre. We never ceased to be amazed at the gorgeous outlook. We looked down over the terraced gardens and onto two of the three swimming pools; Through lush palm trees and a variety of gorgeous flowering bushes the waterfalls swimming pool could be seen very invitingly twisting through, with sunbeds and tables waiting along side. We enjoyed a delicious choice of breakfasts which filled us for our sojourns of the day. The delightful structure of the hotel has elevated floors on different levels and facing in different directions and all blend in perfectly with the lush vegetation. Every member of staff was really helpful, friendly and attentive and made us feel special. The open restaurant is beautifully situated overlooking the gardens and harbour, and kept comfortable by the breeze. The West Indian Buffet evenings gave us a real flavour of the local cuisine, accompanied by a superb steel-pan band. Just sitting on the balconies was delightful, especially in the evenings when steel-pan music could be heard all around from local people enjoying themselves. We dined quite often at the hotel's Fishermans Wharfe Restaurant, reaching out into the harbour, and enjoyed the food but wished there was more choice of vegetables to the meat and fish. Also very endearing was the musical sounds coming from tiny tree frogs and crickets as soon as dusk fell. We loved St Kitts. It was a lovely stroll from our hotel along the harbour front into town; we enjoyed watching the fishermen, seeing the local people coming and going and the busy circus square. Also enjoyed a trip around the island with lunch at the lovely Ottley's Plantation Hotel; a rainforest trip and a peninsular trip, also a tour around Nevis. But I think most charming of all were the people, both in the hotel and all around the island. We loved the Ocean Terrace Inn with its lovely staff and would certainly stay there again.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Terrace Hotel Basseterre
- Ocean Terrace Hotel
- Ocean Terrace Basseterre
- Ocean Terrace Inn St. Kitts/Basseterre
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ocean Terrace Inn is a hilltop oasis nestled amidst tropical gardens that offer breathtaking views of the Caribbean Sea below. It's a true St. Kitts institution and a perfect Caribbean getaway.Ocean Terrace Inn has long been recognized as one of St. Kitts' premier hotels, renowned for its special island style and warm genuine hospitality. Located just a short distance from the capital city of Basseterre, Ocean Terrace Inn is also close to St. Kitts' vibrant mix of shopping, cultural and historical sites. In search of that romantic tropical vacation, or the perfect location for your vacation or next business meeting. Come visit St. Kitts and Ocean Terrace Inn, a slice of paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, T4B, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., TripOnline SA, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Ocean Terrace Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.